• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

style_cafe

They had four regular first team players ..... the rest were from u17’s.

Nothing to get excited about yet.

Cudos to mm for the easy entry learning curve to new players and systems.

Shane Cansdell Sherriff is 35 ,the guy inside him was 26, One striker was 35 and another player was 29
all the others for Rosebud were aged 17 to 21 and in their first year in NNW NPL
Although they were very inexperienced Rosebud showed great heart & were spirited in the way they
approached the game. Full credit to them .

pjennings

Confirmation
Mariners loan Aiden O’Neill from Burnley

The Central Coast Mariners have secured the services of 20-year-old midfielder, Aiden O’Neill who will join the Club on loan from English Premier League outfit, Burnley FC.

The Brisbane born midfielder has signed a season long loan agreement that will see him join Mike Mulvey’s Mariners until at least the end of the Hyundai A-League 2018/19 season.

O’Neill has featured on three occasions in the English Premier League for Burnley plus one appearance in the FA Cup and a start in the League Cup after signing his maiden professional contract with ‘The Clarets’ in 2016.

The Australian Under 23 representative made his debut in the English Premier League at Turf Moor [Burnley’s home ground] against Liverpool in August 2016. O’Neill then went on to make two more English Premier League appearances against Chelsea and Southampton, before spending the remainder of the 2016/17 season on loan with Oldham Athletic.

O'Neill then spent the first half of the 2017/18 season on loan with Fleetwood Town where he made 27 appearances for the ‘Cod Army’, before returning to Burnley in January 2018.

Most recently, the box-to-box midfielder has featured in pre-season hit outs with Burnley against the likes of Cork City, Shrewsbury Town, Montpelier and Espanyol before departing to Australia.

O’Neill arrived in England as a 14-year-old where he was spotted in Manchester by a scout from Burnley. O’Neill then went on to sign with Burnley’s under 16’s academy side and has been based mostly in Lancashire ever since.

The Mariners’ newest recruit is looking forward to playing his part in the Central Coast Mariners’ season.

webembed_1.jpg

“After I heard Mike Mulvey and Nick Montgomery were interested I just couldn’t wait to get it all done and get stuck into pre-season,” O’Neill said.

“Obviously playing in the English Premier League is every boy’s dream but leading into it [my debut], I didn’t think about it too much to be honest. For my family and myself it was a very proud moment but that’s just the start and I’ve got my whole career ahead of me.

“I’m coming on loan and I want to earn experience. I want to be involved and help the team push forward, if that helps me when it comes to Burnley then great but at the end of the day I am here to help the Mariners win games.

“A long-term goal of mine is also to break into the Socceroos squad. Moving over here at a young age makes you grow up very quickly, you’re in a man’s world full of very good footballers and you either float or sink, so my time at Burnley so far has been fantastic,” O’Neill said.

Mike Mulvey thanked Burnley FC for the opportunity to expose O’Neill to the Hyundai A-League and assist in his development as a young footballer.

“Aiden O’Neill is a very interesting player,” Mulvey said. “He didn’t play representative football in Brisbane, where he grew up, and was snapped up by Burnley FC after he had moved to England with his parents.

“Any player who trains regularly with an EPL club will have something about him and while Aiden is a young player he is a young player on a mission.

“I would like to thank Burnley Football Club and particularly the manager Sean Dyche for entrusting us with this next stage of Aiden’s development,” Mulvey said.

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/mariners-loan-aiden-oneill-burnley

Wombat

The kid has Irish parents (although he was born here) and his family moved back to England for work when he was 14yo. Over there they live a breath it.....and you can see that.
Burnley is a Rougharse town and you can see how playing over there has made him tough and aggressive...but he is also light years ahead of the Aussie kids his own age......just look at his fitness, movement and touch.
Sounds like he has a great Manc accent....i'm dying to hear an interview.
This kid can be a cult hero......reminds me of a young Matt McKay but better.

Edit.....he still has an Aussie accent but with nice Manchester lilt.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Wasnt there a report out linking both Alf and O'Neill with the shite? Maybe they got it wrong and they are both coming here. One already confirmed. Would be f**king hilarious if it happened

Rowdy

MARINERS SNAP UP MILLAR:
1_630_1120_1_70_-News-MattMillar.jpg

Right back Matthew Millar has signed a one year deal with Central Coast Mariners after shining while on trial.

A rigorous trial period at the Central Coast Mariners saw more than 50 NPL hopefuls try out for a contract but Millar was a standout, the club said today.

Millar made four appearances in the A-League for Melbourne City but most recently played for South Melbourne.

Millar opened his Mariners’ account on Tuesday night with a goal in the club’s pre-season 6-0 win over Adamstown Rosebud.

“Any young kid who plays football dreams of this moment – it’s an exciting time and hopefully it’s just the start,” Millar said.

“Mike Mulvey has been great, he has given plenty of NPL players the opportunity to trial – I’ve been here for a few months now and I’m really motivated to reward him with my performances.

“One thing Mulvey expects from this team is hard work and you get a real sense of that on the training track this pre-season.

“This is a really family oriented club and the boys have welcomed me in with open arms. It’s been an easy place to settle in, we all want to build a strong community spirit around the club and can’t wait for the season to start.”

Millar is just one of the many NPL players who have trialled with the Mariners during pre-season and Mulvey praised Millar for his work ethic during the trial process.

“During the pre-season, we have looked at dozens of players from the NPL around Australia,” Mulvey said. “Matt was recommended from South Melbourne and from the day he came in you could sense the determination to make this time count.

“The adaptation to full time training where the intensity is a little higher is difficult against players who have done this for a living for a while. Matt has coped with this and we are happy that he has agreed to join us.

“Now the rest is up to him.”

Rowdy

as it now stands,

Central Coast Mariners Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe GAUCI, Ben KENNEDY, Adam PEARCE

Defenders: Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS, Kalifa CISSE, Jack CLISBY, Antony GOLEC, Jake McGING, Matthew MILLAR, Kye ROWLES

Midfielders: Adam BERRY, Tom HIARIEJ, Michael McGLINCHEY, Jacob MELLING, Aiden O’NEILL, Mario SHABOW

Attackers: Andrew HOOLE, Corey GAMEIRO, Peter KEKERIS, Connor PAIN, Josh MACDONALD, Jordan MURRAY, Matt SIMON

Rowdy

I think JH means putting pressure on the encumbant RB from last season
.... McGing ... & rightfully so.

Think a few players who saw considerable game-time last season will face a tougher task replicating it this season.
- Rowles
- Hoole
- Melling
- Pain
in that order

Josho Howe

I think JH means putting pressure on the encumbant RB from last season
.... McGing ... & rightfully so.

Think a few players who saw considerable game-time last season will face a tougher task replicating it this season.
- Rowles
- Hoole
- Melling
- Pain
in that order
Yep exactly what l meant. RB was a spot massively up for grabs once we knew Storm was leaving

pjennings

as it now stands,

Central Coast Mariners Squad

Goalkeepers: Joe GAUCI, Ben KENNEDY, Adam PEARCE

Defenders: Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS, Kalifa CISSE, Jack CLISBY, Antony GOLEC, Jake McGING, Matthew MILLAR, Kye ROWLES

Midfielders: Adam BERRY, Tom HIARIEJ, Michael McGLINCHEY, Jacob MELLING, Aiden O’NEILL, Mario SHABOW

Attackers: Andrew HOOLE, Corey GAMEIRO, Peter KEKERIS, Connor PAIN, Josh MACDONALD, Jordan MURRAY, Matt SIMON

Since the end of the season we have lost Glover, Josh Rose, Baro, Liam Rose, Poscoliero, Roux, Brama, De Silva, Bingham, Buhagiar, Powell & Skapetis

We have gained Gauci, Clisby, Cisse, Aspropotamitis, Millar, O'Neill, McGlinchey, Shabow, Kekeris, Simon, Gamiero., Murray & Macdonald.

All up I'd say we are marginally better squad than last season, with the potential to be must better. On top of that we have a better and more experienced manager than last season and potentially 3 more decent players.

We haven't got a squad of world-beaters but we have released a number of players that added little last season and replaced them by either better players or youngsters with potential. I'm confident of a better season - just not sure how much better - as some of the other squads have recruited very well.

shipwreck

If anything I'd say we are much hungrier.

The young players have alot more respect for Mulvey as a MANAGER, where as I think they all had initial respect for Okon as a PLAYER before the reality set in there he was a very ordinary football manager and even worse man manager...

Here is hoping Mulvey gets the team humming greater than the sum of its parts, which is what Lawrie used to do in spades.

Big Al

Rumors City looking at Birragetti and are shopping Bouzanis as have Galeckovic as backup.

Would be a good loan signing for us. Would be big improvement on Kennedy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred