• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

ARNIE'S BID TO FIND A CLUB FOR MARK MILLIGAN:
1_630_1120_1_70_-News-GettyImages-57573385.jpg

New Socceroos coach Graham Arnold has joined the hunt for a new club for backline veteran Mark Milligan before the start of the new season around the world.

Milligan left his marquee deal with Melbourne Victory to join Saudi Arabian side Al Ahli in a $1m deal, but was released by the club following the World Cup after just eight games.

The axe came as a surprise after Milligan's solid performance in defence in all three Australia games, despite being moved out of usual defensive midfield role.

Now he is keen to find a new club in Europe if possible. The transfer window in England closes today and later in the month elsewhere in Europe, but as Milligan is a free agent he can sign afterwards.

And today Graham Arnold revealed he and the FFA were trying to help Milligan in achieving his dream move to Europe.

Milligan has come close to big Euro clubs in the past but missed out over visa issues, and once heartbreakingly because of the Socceroos lowly FIFA ranking.

Now though he is better placed to make the move if he can find a club to sign him.

"Mark is still without a club at the moment," said Arnold today. "And we're working with him to try and see what we can do with that."

Both Milligan, 33, and skipper Mile Jedinak, 34, face uncertain futures in the Socceroos squad with Arnold looking to inject more youth talent into the side.

Jedinak missed out on all the Socceroos pre-World Cup warm ups and the side looked so good without him in the games against Hungary and the Czechia, there was speculation he may not start in Russia.

However Jedinak led out the team in all three games, and speculation that he was set to leave Aston Villa also proved unfounded.

But Arnold was giving nothing away about their Socceroos futures.

"I spoke to them straight after the World Cup and told them to have a great break and and we would be in touch in the next few week," said Arnold today.

"Mile is back at Aston Villa and we're just waiting to see what happens with him.

He added: "As a coach, I'm a big communicator and I'm on the phone a lot to the boys, and making sure that I'm there for them if they need me.

"They can call me at any time for any advice so you know we have been in touch."

Rowdy

Nah .... Postecoglou warned Socceroo's about how it may harm their chances going to what he rated as 'lesser Leagues' in the Arab Gulf, which is what caused the return of many Aussie's to the A-League hoping to be in the mix for the 2018WC squad.

Arnie would MUCH rather he be playing here in AUS than in a League that the majority of those that matter, just simply dont rate.

The only upside for Bernie playing in the UAE is the coinciding of AFC FIFA dates for availabillity, where his UAE club CAN'T argue about releasing him

........ if ;) he is selected in an initial Socceroo Squad.

Rowdy

BABBEL LURES EX-BAYERN MAN TO WANDERERS:
1_630_1120_1_70_-News-20180809060920_GettyImages-89458598.jpg

Western Sydney Wanderers have announced the signing of ex-Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Alexander Baumjohann for the 2018/19 A-League season.

The 31-year-old German arrives in Australia following a recent spell in Brazil with Coritiba FC and most recently Vitoria in the Brazilian Série A.

A product of the Schalke 04 youth system, Baumjohann signed with Borussia Mönchengladbach in 2007 where he made a name for himself with a wonder goal against Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga in 2008 before joining the likes of Bayern Munich, Hertha Berlin and FC Kaiserslautern.

Hailed for his ability to unlock defences, Baumjohann has spent his career playing in attacking midfield roles and is comfortable on both the left and right side of the midfield.

The club’s latest German recruit is sure to excite the Wanderers faithful and brings with him a wealth of experience playing on the world stage, including in the 2011 UEFA Champions League semi-final against Manchester United.

0_0_0_0_70_-News-GettyImages-176736103.jpg
Baumjohann's last German club was Hertha Berlin, whom he left in 2017

The former German U17 and U21 international joins countrymen Patrick Ziegler and head coach Markus Babbel as one of the Wanderers new faces this season.

Baumjohann said he was looking forward to the new challenge and experience in Western Sydney and has kept a close eye on the A-League for some time.

“I started to follow the A-League a long time ago,” Baumjohann said.

“Australia has nice stadiums, great supporters and it is a very competitive league. A lot of big players have already played in the A-League and I am very excited and proud to play for the biggest club."

Baumjohann also spoke of the influence of new head coach Markus Babbel in his decision to play for the Wanderers.

“Of course Markus Babbel played a big role for my decision to sign with the Wanderers but I already knew a lot about the club because of this incredible history of winning the ACL (AFC Champions League) in just the second year of the club,” Baumjohann said.

“I want to help to bring this great club back to where it belongs. The Wanderers supporters deserve trophies and I hope we can play for the title this season.”

Wombat

Perth and City have decent looking squads. Everyone else is a bit Meh.
Scum have only signed one player but Petratos's little brother is tipped to have a big season.

Offsider

Perth and City have decent looking squads. Everyone else is a bit Meh.
Scum have only signed one player but Petratos's little brother is tipped to have a big season.

Adelaide have bettered their squad from last year, as has birisbane. Sfc still have three visa spots to fill and wanderers german flavour is interesting ???.

Rowdy

BOBO'S ABSENCE MAKES SYDNEY GO LE FONDRE:
1_630_1120_1_70_-News-20180817053439_GettyImages-466210098.jpg

Sydney FC have replaced last season's goal machine Bobo with former Premier League striker Adam le Fondre on a multi-year deal.

The Englishman,nicknamed ALF or Alfie, has featured at all levels of English football including a spell for Reading where he earned the club’s Player of the Season Award during their 2012-13 Premier League campaign, as well as their first ever Premier League Player of the Month award.

Le Fondre scored 41 goals in 110 appearances for the Royals in the Premier League and Championship in one of the most prolific spells in his career.

The 31-year old joins having most recently played for Bolton Wanderers in the Championship, and said he is excited to become a Sky Blue.

“This is the opportunity of a lifetime for me and I’m very much eager to get started at Sydney FC,” le Fondre said.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about the club, they are winners with a winning culture and I’m a winner, so I believe it is the perfect match.

“My job is to score goals and I am very confident I can do that at Sydney FC, particularly with the quality players that are already in the squad.

“It’s an honour to join one of the biggest clubs in Australia and I’m confident we will continue to enjoy success.”

Sydney coach Steve Corica welcomed le Fondre to the club and said he was looking forward to watching him in action.

“Adam’s record speaks for itself, he’s a natural goal-scorer and at 31 he is in his prime,” he said.

“To reach double figures in your first Premier League season is no mean feat and I’m sure he will become a big success at Sydney FC.

“We already have the quality to provide Adam with the service he thrives on and with one or two more players to come, it is going to be extremely exciting to see what he will produce in Sky Blue.”

Le Fondre is likely to skip Sydney's FFA Cup trip to Cairns on Tuesday to recover and re-adjust after his flight from the UK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami