• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Rowdy

... even then, 'locking' the thread will prevent someone from 'ditching some dirt' in the coming weeks/months of what they've heard/found out about what really has gone on with this saga.

Leave it open just in case, I say ;)

Forum Phoenix

Oh no you don’t !!!
We are not finished yet ???? ............. you can’t claim double points for your post for using a big word “hobexplicitly” ( I was impressed) until you explain the meaning of it????. I spent three quarters of an hour trying to find the meaning ??? ......... I think you were praising my powers of deductivity but want to be sure :popcorn::popcorn:.

and another thing ............ I want ccm to be successful and competitive, I want mm to have a magic wand that can polish turds, I want simon to have a break out year and only get offside four times a game ................. I thought you would too ??? ......... so I don’t understand your comment about “debating with opposing views” :popcorn::popcorn:. Actually reading it again is very confusing I thought you meant me ???

But the most frustrating thing of all ..............
I asked some serious questions there that the answers to would have defeated my own argument, not that I was arguing ......... more debating :naughty::naughty::naughty: ............ but you leave them unanswered ???............ and yes I did have to go to aldi for cask replenishment.

Cheers ;)

When I have a moment lol

Forum Phoenix

I really think this topic has now been done to death. All sides of the discussion have been done to death, any more would be a waste of electrons.

It is now time to sit tight and see if the trial actually happens.

Personally, reading between the lines, I doubt that it will.

If it does, what are the chances of watching the training runs? Could be interesting.

On the bright side it has given us a week of discussion without talking about the DDS situation (which is happening) or the new quality player signings that must be happening (if we are to get anywhere near cap floor).

Hoping for some clarity soon.

Yeah agreed ancient.

Rowdy

I think the media were pretty adamant about what the purpose of the trip was for :

simms.jpg

....... to see the Irishman above, ask if we can borrow his 'dag' ;)

Offsider

Why Usain wins even if he bolts from Mariners deal:
View attachment 1137

UPDATEDUPDATED 6 HOURS AGO
BY DAVE LEWIS

As quickly as he sprinted onto the A-League horizon, Usain Bolt may now be dashing in the other direction, with the main beneficiary of the frenzied publicity blitz surrounding his brief flirtation with Central Coast Mariners being the eight-time Olympic champion’s multi-million dollar brand.

Anything Football Federation Australia and Mariners could pay him for a professional contract is chicken feed compared with the main game of perpetuating Bolt’s significance as an iconic figure worthy of generating millions of sponsorship dollars in perpetuity.

His contract with main backer Puma was worth $18.4 million last year - more than Cristiano Ronaldo nets from Nike - and he is tied to the German sports apparel giant until 2025.

He earned an estimated $43 million last year - making him the 32nd-highest paid sportsmen in the planet - and is thought to be worth at least $85 million.

His corporate backers also include Gatorade, Hublot, Virgin Media and Nissan Motors, with deals ranging up to $3.5 million annually.

But too much is never enough when it comes to the canny management of his long-time agent, former Irish middle distance runner Ricky Simms, who masterminds Bolt’s business empire from above Simms Opticians in the sedate south-west London suburb of Teddington.

“Realistically, all Usain has ever known is making loads of money using sponsorships and the power of social media, and his agent knows that,” said the analyst.

“Even if he was going to play football professionally he’d make far more in the MLS, Europe or Asia than Australia, which is a very limited market for him in terms of sponsorships.

“I think Ricky is playing a clever game - he’s trying to keep Usain relevant with high levels of publicity, whilst very possibly negotiating with various sponsors behind the scenes.

“It’s all about demonstrating that even a story as relatively minor as this generates so many millions of hits on social media.”

Since the story broke earlier this week, independent media analysis shows over 130 million people worldwide have digested the news.

“Usain is in his post-career stage and when negotiating contracts with sponsors, whether new deals or extensions, you need to go in on the front foot and demonstrate your continuing cache across the board,” added the analyst.

“If Bolt were to actually end up as a footballer that would be just a by-product and a bonus.

“There are different layers to this episode with the Mariners, and football is probably the very least of it.”

Whilst Bolt appears to have led a willing Central Coast into what may prove a cul-de-sac, there may be positive spin-offs for the Gosford club, in terms of their own relevance, whether he comes or not.

It would seem probably not, with Simms appearing to be trying to let the Mariners down gently by leaking interest from the US, Turkey and Hungary in Bolt ‘the footballer’.

“Either way Central Coast could gain from the experience because they have (two) visa spots available and they are also, I believe, trying to sign actual footballers,” said the analyst.

“All this publicity has helped because if Bolt came then you could sell it as a project playing alongside him, with a big torch shining on the club.

“If not then the club has at least announced its presence as an existing entity to a wider market.

“Many will see the whole thing as farcical, but it’s manna from heaven for the Mariners and their owner [Mike Charlesworth] in terms of a spike in publicity.

“But there is also the downside of the club being seen as a bit of joke.

“Perhaps now might be a good time for both the Mariners and the A-League to move on and get on with dealing with genuine footballers and the business of improving the game in Australia.”

..... I think the above article hits the nail right on the head, on all aspects of this scenario with Usain Bolt.

Two things :
1. Manna from heaven publicity ??? ........... anybody looking up ccm will find we are the proud owners of two spoons and fav for a third. Not all sponsors want to hang their hat on that probability bolt or no bolt.

2. The article hints that there are better deals to be had mls blah blah blah. Bolt’s football ability has been assessed three times starting at epl and then germany and some other insignificant low flyer and not impressed. A-league may not even be able to carry him from the clips I have seen.

3. Bolt wants to play serious football not park football. His hanger onners are trying to milk a payday and you get the idea they don’t want him to park his butt with ccm.

:popcorn::popcorn: ......... oh wait ???? ...........that’s three things. Don’t you hate that ????

pjennings

I think you will find that Bolt's football ability has not been tested. Each time it looks like he was selling something. New boots, Soccer-Aid etc.

Offsider

I think you will find that Bolt's football ability has not been tested. Each time it looks like he was selling something. New boots, Soccer-Aid etc.

Like everything bolt ............ trials were mentioned but no result of said trails can I find.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami