• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018/19 CCM Season Draw

priorpeter

Not sure if it helps any, but that WSW away game in bold (mid Feb) is listed as "8-10 February" on WSW's graphic, but lists a kickoff time of 5:35pm - which matches a Saturday broadcast. No idea why they can't confirm yet - it's well before the Easter Show

Could be wrong, but I think that could be a regional round for WSW, so Easter show would have nowt to do with it anyway. Pretty sure I heard it’s in Mudgee.

Timmah

Could be wrong, but I think that could be a regional round for WSW, so Easter show would have nowt to do with it anyway. Pretty sure I heard it’s in Mudgee.
Nah, WSW have already confirmed their Mudgee game is in Remembrance Round v Brisbane (November).

Blackadder

Not sure if it helps any, but that WSW away game in bold (mid Feb) is listed as "8-10 February" on WSW's graphic, but lists a kickoff time of 5:35pm - which matches a Saturday broadcast. No idea why they can't confirm yet - it's well before the Easter Show
Possibly to do with the Domestic T20 cricket season.

Timmah

Yep, didn’t bother checking that.
From what I have heard it will be the Saturday at 5.35. No idea why venue tbc. Oh well.
At first I thought it might be that they need to wait for the Giants AFL to confirm whether they need the venue that weekend but it's a week before pre-season comps even start so it makes no sense. I'm sure it'll be at Spotless or ANZ anyway.

EDIT: As per @Blackadder's post above - makes sense. Thunder would be playing there if they make the final/s.

Last edited:

adz

Staff member
At first I thought it might be that they need to wait for the Giants AFL to confirm whether they need the venue that weekend but it's a week before pre-season comps even start so it makes no sense. I'm sure it'll be at Spotless or ANZ anyway.

EDIT: As per @Blackadder's post above - makes sense. Thunder would be playing there if they make the final/s.

AFL won't be in Feb - maybe some pre-season but that would be at smaller country grounds, and towards the end of the month anyway.

Timmah

AFL won't be in Feb - maybe some pre-season but that would be at smaller country grounds, and towards the end of the month anyway.
Yep - it'll be the tail end of the Big Bash which is supposedly expanding into February. For WSW's sake and everyone else's the new stadium can't come soon enough.

Reactions: adz

Timmah

Big Bash are looking at playing on x-mas night nek year.
the fixture is out now, no Christmas this year but they remain open in future years.

As for the WSW v CCM game in February - Thunder are scheduled at home that night but also as venue TBC, indicating the BBL game may end up elsewhere, possibly Canberra. I'd back in that our game is at Spotless.

style_cafe

I understand the logic but in practice it's awful. They need to cram 27 rounds into 28 weekends... but lose 2 weekends to the FIFA windows and another week to accommodate Newcastle & Sydney FC's ACL commitments. That leaves 27 games into 25 weekends which doesn't fit unless you play midweek games... and the logic is presumably to cram them into January when people are *more likely* to be home for holidays than at work, particularly kids.

Thing is as you suggest, it doesn't necessarily attract crowds and towards the end of the run of games it produces some pretty dire football.
The logic would be to reduce the off season by 2 weeks & start the competition earlier...:popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred