• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

marinermick

Yep another one people whinged about

I saw him at the Warren Dolan awards the other week. He came up to me and said hello "and I remember when you drunkenly bailed me at the Mariners Awards Night and said I had no shame and sold myself to Sydney". We just found out that night that he signed with Sydney.

I then said "I remember when you told me that night that you will always respect the Mariners and their fans and had to look after your family by taking the bigger wages. Then you proceeded to disrespectfully celebrate when you scored against us, run to the family section and point to the back of your shirt while celebrating crazily".

He didn't like that and made some stupid comment that the celebration was not that excessive and that was not his intent.

Josho Howe

The 08' GF l vividly remember sitting in the stands with my Pop while a couple of drunken Jets fans started a ''Aloisi, you're a f**kin gypsy'' chant.

Forum Phoenix

For mine, the anger and frustration was that we gave him a chance when he was stuck in a middling English league worth little interest from anyone. We took a chance hoping that he was better and just nobody else saw it.
Then he repays that by turning around and running to Victory at first opportunity. It's poor form even in modern football.
It’s normal form especially in modern football. I despise the loss of honour and loyalty culture, but I also still try to be as rational and as charitable as possible towards people and not always asign them the worst possible motives and treat them accordingly.

Really was not interested in going in to bat for Austin, but here I am...

Fact is almost every player in the world wants to move on to what are perceived to be bigger and better clubs. And no player wants to be in a spooning club. Furthermore a good chunk of our bloody team was mutinying against TW. These are pretty pertinent facts. And I’ll save my ‘club invested in you’ criticisms for players that have actually been nurtured for years or given game time to develop when clearly not at Hal standard yet. Not a player who comes in and shows in relative terms that he can perform to level and contribute straight away,

Do you guys really think when the agent calls and says big Kev really wants to talk to you, and then Kev says we want to do whatever we can to get you here Mitch... think of your family and future blah blah... then your agent is saying you’d be nuts to not try to make this happen, that really it’s all actually just because the player is a total douche bag?

Maybe he is. But we had a lot of players who wanted out, it pissed me off, but a lot of that as I see it was on the club. For hiring an inadequate coach, spending an inadequate budget, and stating a foolish entertainment philosophy. Imo it was the most toxic era we’ve ever had both in and around the club. So I’m not going to hang draw and quarter a player for wanting to take a much more attractive offer on the table and gtfo.

*Right, see you all in a few days when the flaming of my charred carcass subsides

Offsider

Am liking that people are censoring Muscat to Musc**t - it used to be automatic but some people kicked up a fuss... "I didn't write that!!"

I think there is value in mu-scat ............ translated as meaning bovine cowpats.

Pass the popcorn :popcorn:

Reactions: adz

Kareem

I was angry that Austin wanted to walk out on us with 1 year running on his contract.

But let's not forget that we got Pain out of that deal.

If we refused, Austin would have stayed, probably had a crap season with us (since our attack was quite one dimensional), and then walked out.
Instead we got Pain, who has been a decent player for our club over the past 2 seasons, and looks like he will be with us for the long-term (hopefully as an impact player off the bench once we improve our signings in the final third).

Like we said at the time, we got the better end of the deal.
So I'm not upset he left.
Just upset over how/why he left.

And that is reason enough why we should NEVER re-sign him.

PS. Making fun of his anxiety attack is poor form. Grow up!

Gratis

Getting too quiet, hopefully some signings coming soon
https://dailyfootballshow.com/jonathan-aspro-opens-up-on-very-hard-decision-to-leave-wanderers/
Jonathan Aspro opens up on “very hard” decision to leave Wanderers
ByJack Fitzgerald
May 21, 2018

He may be just 21 years of age, but Central Coast Mariners’ latest recruit offers maturity and leadership credentials well beyond his age.

Jonathan Aspro, a stalwart of Western Sydney Wanderers’ back line since the age of 18, is finally moving on, and while he still nurses a serious ACL injury that will keep him out of action until the early rounds of next season, the young central-defender is already making plans to move up the coast.

However, despite the excitement of a fresh start, Aspro admits the decision to leave the Wanderers after three years was extremely difficult, and took weeks to weigh up.

“It was very hard for me to leave the Wanderers,” Aspro told dailyfootballshow.com.

“In fact it was something that I never thought about, I always thought I would only ever play for the one club in Australia.

“When I made the decision I was really emotional because I spent four years at the Wanderers and its the club that gave me my start as a professional.

“I respect the fact that they made a conscious effort to support me after a long injury, but when the Mariners’ interest came I sensed a change of environment would be the best thing for my career.

“Carrying a serious injury with a new coach coming in, your position at the club is a bit up in the air, so when Mike Mulvey at the Mariners reached out I reconsidered what I was previously thinking.

‘By the end of our first meeting, I was really excited about his plans for the Mariners.”

Coming off a second wooden spoon season in three years, the Mariners are desperate to fall back into finals contention under their new manager.

Mulvey famously took over at Brisbane Roar following Ange Postecoglou’s era of success and surprised many by winning the title in his first season. However, he faces a vastly different challenge at the Mariners in building from the bottom up.

According to Aspro, Mulvey is the perfect candidate to lead the Mariners forward.

“Mike doesn’t just want to bring good players to the club, he wants to bring great characters as well,” Aspro said.

“I’m really positive about his outlook on the Mariners, where he wants to take the team and where he wants to take the whole club.

“I’m confident with the squad he’s assembling we can challenge for the top six and hopefully for greater honours in the near future.”

As for Aspro’s current commitments, a sports management degree and rigorous rehab program have kept him busy in what can be a frustrating period for professional athletes.

However, the 21-year-old is eager to move up the coast where he can see out the remainder of his rehab, familiarise himself with the area and most importantly, unite with his new teammates.

“At the moment I’ve just been focusing on uni and rehab but I’ll move up the coast permanently in the next few weeks,” Aspro added.

“I love that Mike will be living on the coast and he’s encouraging all the players to do the same.

“I want to be among the community and experience the coastal vibe, and I’m very much looking forward to starting training with the boys.”

midfielder

Sorta out of left field, DDS is still showing on our books, and Lockie is not showing on the MC team list.

Media reports had both players at MC for a while but no word from MC or the Mariners at an official level... Could it be either the players or MC are having second thoughts..

Anyone with inside info...

pjennings

DDS is an interesting one.

My understanding before the reports is that he is contracted to us for three years but there is a clause for Roma to have first and last option on him. For that privilege they are apparently paying $350,000 a season while we are paying him $150,000.

Melbourne City want him (or did) and he has a release clause tied up with Okon going. Man City have said they are happy to pay to get rid of Roma out of the equation. The question then comes do Melbourne City see him as a $500,000 player in the cap or do they want to use a marquee spot on him. TBH, I don't think he is worth it in this environment, given his output last year. So it then comes down to are Melbourne City going to use either of those options or will DDS take a pay cut to go to Melbourne City.

I can't see any of those options working. I don't think we will see him here next year or at Melbourne City. I suspect Man City may take him and loan him out in Europe and see how he develops.

style_cafe

DDS is an interesting one.

My understanding before the reports is that he is contracted to us for three years but there is a clause for Roma to have first and last option on him. For that privilege they are apparently paying $350,000 a season while we are paying him $150,000.

Melbourne City want him (or did) and he has a release clause tied up with Okon going. Man City have said they are happy to pay to get rid of Roma out of the equation. The question then comes do Melbourne City see him as a $500,000 player in the cap or do they want to use a marquee spot on him. TBH, I don't think he is worth it in this environment, given his output last year. So it then comes down to are Melbourne City going to use either of those options or will DDS take a pay cut to go to Melbourne City.

I can't see any of those options working. I don't think we will see him here next year or at Melbourne City. I suspect Man City may take him and loan him out in Europe and see how he develops.

After last seasons efforts I wouldn`t be surprised to see him with us next season.
He`s not going to forfeit the $350,000- Roma money just to take a chance with City.
If they offered him the $500,000- he`s getting here maybe,same if some other club offered the same money.
Otherwise I think he`ll stick it out with us..:popcorn:

Big Al

After last seasons efforts I wouldn`t be surprised to see him with us next season.
He`s not going to forfeit the $350,000- Roma money just to take a chance with City.
If they offered him the $500,000- he`s getting here maybe,same if some other club offered the same money.
Otherwise I think he`ll stick it out with us..:popcorn:
Depends how long that Roma money lasts. He could go anywhere including city for the same coin as us if Roma still paying. Also the whole contract gets included in the cap unless Marquee. City however have the coin to say we will pay more but on the condition Roma are out.

Knowing DDS contract is so complicated this could be a holdup in finalising a deal. Roma may not like City trying to take over him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred