• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Russia

scottmac

Suspended
My guess of the final squad.

IMO Out
Langerak, Wright, Risdon, Gersbach, Brillante,Troisi, Rukavytsa, Giannou, Cahill

WC squad
GK, Ryan, Jones, Vukovic
DF Sainsbury, Susnajr, Jurman, Degenek, Karacic, Behich, Meredith
MFJedinak, Milligan, Luongo, Irvine, Mooy, Rogic, Petratos
FW Leckie, Arzani, Kruse, Nabbout, Juric, Maclaren
Forget Petratos and Nabbout. Much rather having Cahill and Troisi who've actually scored in big international games. That's all these 4 will be doing is coming in late to score.

sydmariner

WTF?
0710a84f3b828a57470f40a80e50d35c

LMFAO
caltex-service-station-is-rebranded-to-read-cahilltex-as-a-tribute-to-picture-id958602620

caltex-service-station-is-rebranded-to-read-cahilltex-as-a-tribute-to-picture-id958602514

Forum Phoenix

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/optus-sport-unveils-all-star-aussie-line-up-for-world-cup-491043

"...veterans headline the expert commentary with John Aloisi, Tony Popovic, Brett Emerton, Paul Okon, Shane Smeltz, Luke Wilkshire, Alex Wilkinson, Tony Vidmar, Amy Harrison and Sasa Ognenovski all on board."

Aloisi is painful to listen to. Popovic is always an uptight wanker. Okon is doubling down on Popovic. Smeltz and Wilkshire? WTF?

Vidmar is ok, but lacks any charisma ditto Emo. Wilko is a great guy but not sure how he'll go... Sasha is great value imo, but otherwise not a line up that remotely excites me.

The anchors though...:overheadl:

MEL :vhappy: is :vhappy:Back :vhappy:

:piano::pirashoot::popo::tv::overheadl:

They will be joined by Optus Sport’s anchor crew of hosts consisting of Richard Bayliss, Mel McLaughlin and Jules Breach and analysts Mark Schwarzer and Michael Bridges.

Brdges and Schwarzer will be great.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
FARK MOI, how does Bailey Wright not get a spot after the season he had at Hibernian...Bart and his son in law did some Amsterdam Anathesia while squad selecting , weren’t they❓

Wombat

Jamie Maclaren, Apostolos Giannou, Alex Gersbach and Mitchell Langerak.

4 very good players not to make the cut.

Big Al

Jamie Maclaren, Apostolos Giannou, Alex Gersbach and Mitchell Langerak.

4 very good players not to make the cut.
Gersbach has been unlucky regularly getting over looked for Brad Smith and now Bechic but I feel he isn’t defensive enough for Bert
Langerack has fallen from grace to miss out to brad jones.
Giannou never showed anything
Maclaren needs a certain style to succeed

Wombat

We probably won't score any apart from a couple of deadball strikes. This could be a tough World Cup.

Big Al

We probably won't score any apart from a couple of deadball strikes. This could be a tough World Cup.
A very big strength of ours.
Not pretty but they still count
Cahill Irvinr and Mile are all very good in the air from corners

midfielder

We need to stay positive I saw that French side. So we have to..

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the sceneTo illustrate his last remark

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do
Just when everything looked so darkMan, they said we better, accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative

Forum Phoenix

We need to stay positive I saw that French side. So we have to..

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the sceneTo illustrate his last remark

Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do
Just when everything looked so darkMan, they said we better, accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative

I wish we had a pack of wolves and a large bear on our team Middy.

pjennings

My take

First XI

----------------Ryan---------------------
Karacic-Sainsbury-Mile-Behich
Leckie-----Mooy----Luongo-----Kruse
------------Rogic--------
-----------Juric---------

Shadow players
----------------Vukovic/Jones------------
Milligan-Degenek--Jurman--Meredith
Arzani-----Irvine----Petratos-----Nabbout
------------Cahill--------
-----------Ruka---------

Out
Risdon - may make it in place of Milligan or Degenek but will give away fouls in dangerous areas
Brillante - poor end to the season - struggles under pressure - zero minutes under BVM
Triosi - poor season with Victory - two assists qualifying - only 7 minutes under BVM

pjennings

I think we will park the bus against France. Bert will be going for a draw or small loss.

Agree - but I wouldn't be surprised if it is 0 - 0 at 75min (unlikely), he tries a few late changes like Arzani to try and sneak an unexpected win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb