• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 - CCM v Nix at Gosford (Friday night)

Forum Phoenix

Great to get the 3 points, but....it was only just, against possibly the worst opposition in the A-Leage ever. Our second half was dire.
Still a long, long way to go before we can go home with a smile.

Yeah, I know dogs bark but lot of comments on social media about how dire we both were and need pro rel and our crowds... kick us out of the league again etc...

This is the other reason that A) it’s been brutal being a CCM fan apart fron all the losses and B) the austerity approach for sustainability is surely not sustainable in some other regards.

Insertnamehere

Yeah, I know dogs bark but lot of comments on social media about how dire we both were and need pro rel and our crowds... kick us out of the league again etc...

This is the other reason that A) it’s been brutal being a CCM fan apart fron all the losses and B) the austerity approach for sustainability is surely not sustainable in some other regards.
Austerity is never sustainable nor economically rational, ask Greece. Actually ask a mariners supporter

Last edited:

Big Al

So we squeak a 1-0 win over the bottom side and the boys get four days off? Hmmm :doh:
Well they had a break last week so they might be tired :p
Probably going superstitious. We won we have a bye and playing another shit team. Rinse and repeat.

How stupid is two split rounds in a row for teams not in the ACL.

Last edited:

true believer

IMO Trent had a huge game tonight... his runs were clever... he kept the ball and when he passed the ball mostly he found his mark... I think he still panic's a bit running at full speed onto the ball...

He played all his early Football as a striker I would love PO to give him a couple of games as the striker with Pain & Hoole as his wingers ...
Especially as skipee isn't quick nor fit

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

It's just that last ball, rather than cutting back he should be hitting a cross across the back four looking for the striker. I'd rather see that then losing the ball at the corner of the box.
Absolutely and while everyone is still running back and does not have time to turn. put it in and give the striker something to attack and run onto. Should be playing Beckham or Giggs to these guys on repeat, not Messi and Ronaldo who are capable of cutting back inside and skinning everyone.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Well they had a break last week so they might be tired :p
Probably going superstitious. We won we have a bye and playing another shit team. Rinse and repeat.

How stupid is two split rounds in a row for teams not in the ACL.

Again, shows little regard to the actual fans / customers. (In response to the last line FFA I mean)

Last edited:

style_cafe

I`m so f**king happy with result.
It`s taken almost 2 years of hard work & yelling /screaming but they finally got the timeclock & teams in the correct place on the big screen!!!
Fantastic effort to all those involved in making it happen & I sincerely hope it`s a permanent home for them.:overheadl::thumbup::shoutclap::cheers:

As for the game,yeah pretty ordinary, but a win is a win.
I thought Hoole was deservedly MOM,although not everything went his way it really was a great effort,especially the tracking back that saved our arses.
It was only minutes before the goal I made the comment that our strikers were not making the runs to receive the crosses.
It happens a lot to under-performing teams.
Players hide behind defenders so they don`t receive the ball & stuff it up. It`s commonly known in coaching circles as "hiding in the outfield".
DDS must have heard me as moments later he corrected his run & scored.
Probably the only time in the game that we did this but it had the desired effect.:popcorn:

Wombat

The clock is an additional digital screen on top of the new screen.

Still it looks boss now.

So Tommy and the Screen are two good things to come out of this year.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So we squeak a 1-0 win over the bottom side and the boys get four days off? Hmmm :doh:
FARK MOI !..4 Days off ....is it any wonder we cant get any fkn rhythm going....which drooling nitiwit in charge thinks this is a good idea
ahh well fukkit, at least the boys will all get participation medals at the end of the season

scottmac

Suspended
Yeah i dont get it either. Run them like a normal week then play an intra club game at 3/4. Are we professional or not

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred