• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 21 - CCM v Nix at Gosford (Friday night)

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2017/18 | Round 21
Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Friday 23 February, kickoff 7:50pm AEDT

TV: Fox Sports 501
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials
Referee: KGJ
ARs: James Tesoriero & Kearney Robinson
4O: Kurt Ams / VAR: Nick Waldron

fiJmFhZ.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 10.Danny De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 15.Alan BARO (c) 16.Liam ROSE, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 19.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Wout BRAMA 24.Lachlan WALES, 27.Peter SKAPETIS
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 5.Antony GOLEC (return from suspension), 23.Wout BRAMA (return from suspension), 24.Lachlan WALES (promoted)
Outs: 3.Josh ROSE (not selected) / Unavailable: 21.Kye ROWLES (foot injury)

9EOzaIY.png

NIX: 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Goran PARACKI, 6.Dylan FOX, 7.Nathan BURNS, 8.Matija LJUJIC, 9.Andrija KALUDJEROVIC 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 17.Monty PATTERSON, 18.Sarpreet SINGH, 19.Tom DOYLE, 21.Roy KRISHNA, 22.Andrew DURANTE (c), 23.Matthew RIDENTON, 24.Logan ROGERSON, 30.Keegan SMITH (Gk), 40.Tando VELAPHI (Gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 4.Goran PARACKI (returns from injury) 13.Marco ROSSI (promoted), 24.Logan ROGERSON (promoted)
Outs: 26.Liberato CACACE (omitted)
Unavailable: 2.Daniel MULLEN (knee – end of season)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Wellington Phoenix (A-League)
32 times / CCM 14 / Nix 11 / Drawn 7
Goals Scored 42 / Goals Conceded 34

Biggest Win:
5-0 at CC Stadium, 2012/13 Round 20
Biggest Losses:
1-4 at CC Stadium, 2013/14 Round 20
0-3 at Westpac, 2009/10 Round 27,
0-3 at Waikato, 2016/17 Round 10

NIX at CCS: 12 times / Nix 4 / CCM 6 / Drawn 2

Last Met: 2017/18 Round 13, CCS, 0-0

Form - Last Five
CCM |
D D L L D
NIX | W L L L W​

Last edited:

Timmah

To say nothing of our current predicament, which imbecile at FFAHQ thought it prudent to put this game on a Friday night? The league's two lowest drawing teams sitting 9th and 10th (perfectly foreseeable you would say), in a regional area in the back half of the season.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Forum Phoenix

Need i say it's a must win. :)

Apparently we're not winning because we've forgotten how. Seems like a closed loop to me. But anyhow... Maybe this will be a reminder game.

Nix have more firepower than us. Only the qualities of our dutchies and the return of the Golec can save us imho.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Tipping a generous 4200 for the crowd.
And a 2-2 draw. Because if there's one thing we're awesome at, it's bloody drawing. Only us and WSW have had 8 draws. Nobody has had 7 or 6, a few teams on 5.

WP has 1 more win than us, but the GD is well in our favour.
Goals For CCM 21 Nix 24
Goals against CCM 29 Nix 41

I haven't watched them play much, I'm just going to assume that their attack is better than ours but their midfield is crap?
Easy assumption because everybody's attack is better than ours.

Actually, here's an interesting stat:

We have 21 goals for.

4 teams have only scored 3 more goals than us.

Seriously....let that sink in for a moment.

One of those teams is Adelaide in 4th place (they have the 2nd best defence in the league).

4th place has only scored 3 more goals than us.

If we had scored 3 more goals - that is, converted 3 of those draws to a win (say, 2 of MVs and one of WSW's), we'd be up to 6th, 1pt behind 5th.

Is the Bay 16 gathering going ahead?
What's this?

Timmah

We have 21 goals for.

One of those teams is Adelaide in 4th place (they have the 2nd best defence in the league).

If we had scored 3 more goals - that is, converted 3 of those draws to a win (say, 2 of MVs and one of WSW's), we'd be up to 6th, 1pt behind 5th.

This is something I've noticed and why I'm not all doom and gloom yet.

When it comes down to it, the quality of the league is down as a whole. We're not great and we've got problems, there's no doubt - but I feel the overall shitness of the A-League and the way the FFA has run things is a strong contributor to the feeling around the traps at the moment

Wombat

Timmah,
I think our performances for the last 3 weeks have been absolutely disgusting..................actually worse than we were under Dross and Tony. That is why everyone on here is suddendly angry.

I will be there with bells on and most people i know are coming as well.

So i expect a crowd of 6000+

Wombat

Tipping a generous 4200 for the crowd.
And a 2-2 draw. Because if there's one thing we're awesome at, it's bloody drawing. Only us and WSW have had 8 draws. Nobody has had 7 or 6, a few teams on 5.

WP has 1 more win than us, but the GD is well in our favour.
Goals For CCM 21 Nix 24
Goals against CCM 29 Nix 41

I haven't watched them play much, I'm just going to assume that their attack is better than ours but their midfield is crap?
Easy assumption because everybody's attack is better than ours.

We have 21 goals for.

What's this?

Teds idea as our Football has been so boring. Come out from the prawn sandwich seats and have a bit of a tear up with PP, Eggy and the boys. I only have to move over 1 bay so i'm in it.

Nix by the way are very very poor. Perth should have smashed them but Perth are worse than us.

Believe it or not i'm actually expecting us to win.

And let's face it having a drink and a sing song with the boys beats sitting in silence wondering if the Mariners are playing like this for a bet.

Last edited:

Gratis

I convinced people to come to the roar game on the premise that it should be an exciting game, we'd have a full squad back and if we were going to win one that was it

Needless to say I no longer have any ammunition

If the crowd reaches 4000 I'll be impressed

Timmah

Timmah,
I think our performances for the last 3 weeks have been absolutely disgusting..................actually worse than we were under Dross and Tony. That is why everyone on here is suddendly angry.

I will be there with bells on and most people i know are coming as well.

So i expect a crowd of 6000+
I don't disagree Wombat - but I'm also suggesting that the feeling of what's going on is amplified by how utterly shite the A-League is as well.

I guess I'm saying I don't think the negativity is limited to just our fanbase. Brisbane, Nix, Perth and WSW fans all seem pretty down about the state of their clubs.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I think 4000 will be generous ...Mrs Recky, me and 90% of the rusted ons will be there , does that make us sadists ❓...anyway, if we don’t win this, you would have to think Paulo is in deep shit ...but that’s probably just us wishful thinking

Wombat

I don't disagree Wombat - but I'm also suggesting that the feeling of what's going on is amplified by how utterly shite the A-League is as well.

I guess I'm saying I don't think the negativity is limited to just our fanbase. Brisbane, Nix, Perth and WSW fans all seem pretty down about the state of their clubs.

Its true the bottom 6 sides are very poor and it seams the coaching standards are pretty low.

Forum Phoenix

Okon is stubborn Middy. I’ll be impressed if Storm is dropped but I think we’ll just see Golec come back on for Posc.

Mids yep. Powell will he finally drop him? He missed another gilt edged chance and a second good one too. I’d rather have Skapetis start but my money is that we won’t.

At least we’ll hopefully make two attacking subs if Skapetis and pain are on the bench. For as long as I can actually remember two of our subs have been defensive ones despite the score line. Certainly hasn’t helped with our struggles to score.

Last edited:

Big Al

Ben K
McGling, Posco, Baro, Golec
Brama Hiarey
Trent, DDS, Hoole
Skapetis
Can’t play Posco unfortunately. He just can’t finish games in a yellow shirt.

After being injured again last game he can’t play.

RoseSnr LB Golec at CB. Apart from that perfect

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb