• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 8 - Nix v CCM @ Wullingten

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2016/17 | Round 8
Wellington Phoenix v Central Coast Mariners

Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Saturday 24 November 2017, kickoff 7:35pm NZ (5:35pm AEDT)

TV: Fox Sports 501 / Sky Sport NZ
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials
Referee: Peter Green
Assistant Referees: Glen Lochrie & Andrew Lindsay
Fourth Official: Adam Kersey
VAR: Nick Waldron

WEL-A.png

NIX: 1.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 2.Daniel MULLEN, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Goran PARACKI, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Dario VIDOSIC, 9.Andrija KALUDEROVIC, 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 11.Hamish WATSON, 12.Adam PARKHOUSE, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 16.Ali ABBAS, 19.Tom DOYLE, 21.Roy KRISHNA, 22.Andrew DURANTE (c), 23.MATTHEW RIDENTON, 30.Keegan SMITH (gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Scott GALLOWAY (promoted), 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY (returns from international duty), 22.Andrew DURANTE (returns from international duty)
Outs: 6.Dylan FOX (omitted) / Unavailable: Nil

CCM-3.jpg

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 23.Wout BRAMA

**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Blake POWELL (return from injury), 9.ASDRUBAL (return from injury), 15.Alan BARO (return from suspension)
Outs: 19.Harry ASCROFT (not selected) / Unavailable: 2.Storm ROUX (ankle injury – 1 week), 3.Josh ROSE (calf injury – 1 week)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Wellington Phoenix (A-League)
Matches 30 / Mariners 13 / Phoenix 11 / Drawn 6
Goals Scored 38 / Goals Conceded 33

Biggest Win:
5-0 at CC Stadium, 2012/13 Round 20
Biggest Losses:
1-4 at CC Stadium, 2013/14 Round 20
0-3 at Westpac, 2009/10 Round 27,
0-3 at Waikato, 2016/17 Round 10

CCM at Westpac:
Matches 14 / Wins 5 / Losses 5 / Drawn 4

Last Met: 2016/17 Round 15, Westpac Stadium, lost 0-1

Form - Last Five
CCM |
L D D W L
NIX | L D L W PP​

Last edited:

Timmah

The answer has to Blake Powell. He played and scored on the weekend for the Youth Team. Will be fully fit soon.
While I'm supportive of Powell being promoted and playing I'm not sure the bolded is reason enough (for any player?). Seems a bit like men amongst boys stuff.

@Luke Boyce-Taylor were you there Sunday? Is Powell ready for first team football?

Capt. Awesome

While I'm supportive of Powell being promoted and playing I'm not sure the bolded is reason enough (for any player?). Seems a bit like men amongst boys stuff.

@Luke Boyce-Taylor were you there Sunday? Is Powell ready for first team football?
Hi is a proven goal scorer in the A-League. He will be fully fit soon and should be sitting on the bench as a sub and backup for Asdrubal.
The quality of the NYL doesn't really matter. If he is up for 60-90min fitness then he should be on the bench. Bingham just isn't showing enough to keep his spot. Powell is also more versatile. Can play 9 or 10.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Right then....hopefully the boss has got them revved up after the Snowtown massacre....and I agree Powelly SHOULD be on the bench for Astroboy, cause quite frankly Bingaz is the drizzling shits, and has done nothing to maintain his possie on the planks.....hopefully Tommy won’t be weighed down by the mantle of leadership this week....it’s not enough to win the passing stat anymore, DDS, Hooley and Painey have just stop going for perfection and just go WHOOSHKA, if this occurs , I don’t see why we can’t win this

Wombat

We should beat them but for some reason they have dominated us in recent seasons.
I saw enough in the pre-season game to expect a win.
Also the game against Sydney showed we won't let teams stand over us anymore.
If Okon gets it right this week we will win

Luke

Because I have i have no life yes I was there.

Powell's goal was a cracker but he did play the game at 10 and only played up top when Bingham came off. I thought his general play was nothing special but he did seem surprsingingly fit. I'd be putting him at 9 ahead of Bingham if we need to. Bingham has looked lost lately.

Forum Phoenix

Welly is not an easy trip and for a few of our key players it will be the first time. But we clearly have the ability to beat them. Put our opportunities in the net and no foolishness at the back and we should do the job with aplomb. But miss our best shots and make a few vital mistakes and we’ll come away with another loss.

Team needs to play like it’s life and death every week. They had that against Sydney - but not against AU. Winning and competing for the second balls makes such a difference.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

On Bingham... everyone’s given up on him it seems, but he can still come good I think. But I’d definitely prefer we had a proven talented striker challenging Adsrubal.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

On Bingham... everyone’s given up on him it seems, but he can still come good I think. But I’d definitely prefer we had a proven talented striker challenging Adsrubal.
Well, McGing certainly came good....

I honestly have no idea what to expect here. We're still a fair way from sorting out our attack, I think (was it zero shots on goal against AU?) - so it's really mindset on the day that makes the difference at this point, probably moreso than any other team. We've proven we can stick it to the best of them - and we had moments against AU of some extraordinarily beautiful football, despite much of the game being horrible football. Even with that horrible football, it took them until stoppage time to score a scrappy, lucky goal.

Gratis

I think we have every reason to believe we are good for the win here, but gutty says we could easily lose this. Nix are the bookies favourite but a margin I saw too.

Go get 'em lads!

Ozhammer

Anyone know if Astroboy will be fit to play?

My sources tell me Roux is still out and Rose Snr no chance but at least El Capitano is back.

Timmah

1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 23.Wout BRAMA
**Two to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Blake POWELL (return from injury), 9.ASDRUBAL (return from injury), 15.Alan BARO (return from suspension)

Outs: 19.Harry ASCROFT (not selected)

Unavailable: 2.Storm ROUX (ankle injury – 1 week), 3.Josh ROSE (calf injury – 1 week)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/big-names-added-wellington-trip

Roux and Rose Snr out. Asdrubal, Baro back. Powell IN.

Timmah

Ins: 3.Scott GALLOWAY (promoted), 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY (returns from international duty), 22.Andrew DURANTE (returns from international duty)
Outs: 6.Dylan FOX (omitted)
Unavailable: Nil

1.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 2.Daniel MULLEN, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Goran PARACKI, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Dario VIDOSIC, 9.Andrija KALUDEROVIC, 10.Michael MCGLINCHEY, 11.Hamish WATSON, 12.Adam PARKHOUSE, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 16.Ali ABBAS, 19.Tom DOYLE, 21.Roy KRISHNA, 22.Andrew DURANTE (c), 23.MATTHEW RIDENTON, 30.Keegan SMITH (gk)
**two to be omitted**
https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-ins-and-outs-round-8-1

Gratis

They wouldn't be dropping Powell's name for no reason. Be good to see him get some game time in his natural position

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred