• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Forum Phoenix

I'm yet to be convinced by L.Rose.
I can see the talent but I don't see a player that can win u a game like Monty, Baro, Tom, DSS, or Asdrubal.

Yeah that might well prove true, but I can see a player with enough skill combined with a great attitude that can also lead him to be a truly excellent footballer and team player in the Wilko-esque mold.

Big Al

I see Liam as an excellent bench option. Gives good squad depth but is not going to be another Mariner wearing green and gold

pjennings

Not sure we'll be able to get rid of players in Jan. Who'd want to take them?

You also have to look at it from the players point of view and their long term development and career . Players need to know that they are at least a chance to get decent game time - especially if they are getting close to the end of their contract.

TBH, if you were Harry Ascroft, who seems to be behind people in all his position, CB, RB ands DM, does he decide that he needs to move to play. If he sees himself as a long time footballer I would suspect, that he would be itching to play somewhere. Is that in the NPL, is that in lower leagues of England (he is a dual citizen).

Adam Pearce is clearly number 3 keeper at the moment. He came late to the keeping profession and needs game time. Would he better off signing with an NPL team. If he sticks around and Glover returns next year what has he done this year that would make him the choice as the 2nd keeper next season.

Bingham at 22 almost 23, would he be better of returning to Wollongong and getting game time rather than coming on with 5 or 10 minutes.

Josh has played 59 minutes over the first 7 rounds - the other two have no game time.

I just can't believe that these 'forgotten players' will still be there at the end of the window.

Glover is another one that is problematic. While he looked good, BK has taken his chance. If BK continues to perform ( a bit early to tell) will Spurs be looking to cut the contract short and move him to a lower league team, closer to them, where he gets game time.

Last edited:

Big Al

You also have to look at it from the players point of view and their long term development and career . Players need to know that they are at least a chance to get decent game time - especially if they are getting close to the end of their contract.

TBH, if you were Harry Ascroft, who seems to be behind people in all his position, CB, RB ands DM, does he decide that he needs to move to play. If he sees himself as a long time footballer I would suspect, that he would be itching to play somewhere. Is that in the NPL, is that in lower leagues of England (he is a dual citizen).

Adam Pearce is clearly number 3 keeper at the moment. He came late to the keeping profession and needs game time. Would he better off signing with an NPL team. If he sticks around and Glover returns next year what has he done this year that would make him the choice as the 2nd keeper next season.

Bingham at 22 almost 23, would he be better of returning to Wollongong and getting game time rather than coming on with 5 or 10 minutes.

Josh has played 59 minutes over the first 7 rounds - the other two have no game time.

I just can't believe that these 'forgotten players' will still be there at the end of the window.

Glover is another one that is problematic. While he looked good, BK has taken his chance. If BK continues to perform ( a bit early to tell) will Spurs be looking to cut the contract short and move him to a lower league team, closer to them, where he gets game time.
Absolutely they all need game time to develop it’s a big problem having no where to get a run. However when does NPL start? Assume April when season coming to an end so they won’t see that as an option until after our season.
Also once you drop out it’s so hard to get back in (A League)

Ashcroft definitely not going to get any game time so he should take any job he gets but it just might not be an NPL team until season is over. He needs to be getting paid, then game time.

Bingham is stuck like all the Aussie strikers as 10min men behind the star import. There has been a bit of talk of lack of strikers in Asia because they employ imports in there local leagues.
Unlucky for him some of our wingers can do that 10min Job. Appiah looked good against SFC as an injection but as the starting striker he is not.

Pearce well a keeper needs to play especially at his age the most. I think going with him was a strange decision but he has at least 3 bench spots so far out of 7. So we do need him.

I presume all 3 will be our over age NYL players if they still do that. Ashcroft doesn’t play there then you will know he’s dead man walking

Football nut

Absolutely they all need game time to develop it’s a big problem having no where to get a run. However when does NPL start? Assume April when season coming to an end so they won’t see that as an option until after our season.
Also once you drop out it’s so hard to get back in (A League)

Ashcroft definitely not going to get any game time so he should take any job he gets but it just might not be an NPL team until season is over. He needs to be getting paid, then game time.

Bingham is stuck like all the Aussie strikers as 10min men behind the star import. There has been a bit of talk of lack of strikers in Asia because they employ imports in there local leagues.
Unlucky for him some of our wingers can do that 10min Job. Appiah looked good against SFC as an injection but as the starting striker he is not.

Pearce well a keeper needs to play especially at his age the most. I think going with him was a strange decision but he has at least 3 bench spots so far out of 7. So we do need him.

I presume all 3 will be our over age NYL players if they still do that. Ashcroft doesn’t play there then you will know he’s dead man walking
Watched the NYL tonight, Trent, Powell, Berry and Bingham started. Trent looked like he did not want to be there, Berry was woeful and Bingham not much better, they were all subbed during the second half. Powell was the only one that played a full game and seemed to be having a real go. I am still not sure what they see in Wales to continue to be giving him an opportunity? There was no Ashcroft so as said I agree he is a dead man walking.

midfielder

Watched the NYL tonight, Trent, Powell, Berry and Bingham started. Trent looked like he did not want to be there, Berry was woeful and Bingham not much better, they were all subbed during the second half. Powell was the only one that played a full game and seemed to be having a real go. I am still not sure what they see in Wales to continue to be giving him an opportunity? There was no Ashcroft so as said I agree he is a dead man walking.

Hope your wrong about Trent... he could sulk himself out of a career...

Big Al

Did Powell play Striker or #10 and Bingham Striker or Winger?

Forum Phoenix

I see Liam as an excellent bench option. Gives good squad depth but is not going to be another Mariner wearing green and gold

Too early to tell I think.

At 20 Wilko was playing for Manly and had had much less oz international football experience than Liam. Mile was at south coast United at 21 don’t think he’d had any oz international experience, Neither were precocious talents like Rogic or Matty Ryan but players with the best attitude/ ethics develop the most imo, Wilko, Jedi etc...

Garcia and now Tommy both rate him highly.

Rose is off to a very solid start and has a great attitude, so I think let’s see where he is in five years.

Luke

I'm glad we had similar thoughts. Trent was woeful and looked like he didn't care. Really all of the "first teamers" struggled. Powell's goal was a cracker but his general play was a bit everywhere. Wales had an off night but if he wants to go anywhere be needs to find some consistency.

Josh Nisbet was the standout for me in midfield and besides the penalty I thought Lewis Miller was handy at the back.

Gratis

The take home message here is LRose has a new agent - the rest is the writer's conjecture, although there may be truth in it
https://sports.yahoo.com/covert-agent-former-club-champion-005402650.html

The Covert Agent: Former club champion Liam Rose wants out of Central Coast Mariners

Sporting News
Nov 23, 2017, 12:06 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Goal's resident spy reveals the talented youngster is keen to head abroad to further his career after stagnating in Gosford
Central Coast Mariners midfielder Liam Rose is likely to leave the club at the end of the season to pursue overseas opportunities.

The Covert Agent can reveal the 20-year-old has signed with an agent who has strong Scandinavian connections and will seek a release when the Mariners campaign comes to an end." data-reactid="23" style="margin-bottom: 1em;">The Covert Agent can reveal the 20-year-old has signed with an agent who has strong Scandinavian connections and will seek a release when the Mariners campaign comes to an end.

Rose is currently out of favour with coach Paul Okon, having made only one start this campaign, with Dutch veterans Wout Brama and Tom Hiarej ahead in the defensive midfield pecking order.

MORE: The Covert Agent: Perth Glory drinking culture becoming a concern | The Covert Agent: Southern Expansion make offers to buy Central Coast and Wellington Phoenix | The Covert Agent: The real reason why Ange Postecoglou is quitting the Socceroos

His career has stagnated at Gosford since winning the Mariners Medal as a 19-year-old for his performances in the 2015-16 season.

Rose has made 58 appearances for the club after being signed from the AIS by Graham Arnold in 2014.

Big Al

The take home message here is LRose has a new agent - the rest is the writer's conjecture, although there may be truth in it
https://sports.yahoo.com/covert-agent-former-club-champion-005402650.html

The Covert Agent: Former club champion Liam Rose wants out of Central Coast Mariners

Sporting News
Nov 23, 2017, 12:06 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Goal's resident spy reveals the talented youngster is keen to head abroad to further his career after stagnating in Gosford
Central Coast Mariners midfielder Liam Rose is likely to leave the club at the end of the season to pursue overseas opportunities.

The Covert Agent can reveal the 20-year-old has signed with an agent who has strong Scandinavian connections and will seek a release when the Mariners campaign comes to an end." data-reactid="23" style="margin-bottom: 1em;">The Covert Agent can reveal the 20-year-old has signed with an agent who has strong Scandinavian connections and will seek a release when the Mariners campaign comes to an end.

Rose is currently out of favour with coach Paul Okon, having made only one start this campaign, with Dutch veterans Wout Brama and Tom Hiarej ahead in the defensive midfield pecking order.

MORE: The Covert Agent: Perth Glory drinking culture becoming a concern | The Covert Agent: Southern Expansion make offers to buy Central Coast and Wellington Phoenix | The Covert Agent: The real reason why Ange Postecoglou is quitting the Socceroos

His career has stagnated at Gosford since winning the Mariners Medal as a 19-year-old for his performances in the 2015-16 season.

Rose has made 58 appearances for the club after being signed from the AIS by Graham Arnold in 2014.
Same guy who said Southern Expansion want to buy us and Shaun said Mike had no offer in podcast.

Also a long time between now and end of the season. It’s a stretch a best.

Why shouldn’t he want to go overseas as well. Every player does.

scottmac

Suspended
It's not surprising that he would want game time. If he wants some advice he should talk to Kalik. Left, didn't do much and now sits on the bench at Sydney. He's a great young player no doubt and would probably do well next to Wout or Tommy.

Big Al

It's not surprising that he would want game time. If he wants some advice he should talk to Kalik. Left, didn't do much and now sits on the bench at Sydney. He's a great young player no doubt and would probably do well next to Wout or Tommy.
Kalik is living the dream;):p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami