• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikinigirl

Interested to hear Shaun's response, but I would imagine it would have a lot to do with ownership of the stadium. It's in the councils interest to promote home games on the billboard as they currently do, as the council receive venue hire fees and % of spend during the match day.
Pre season games at Pluim, and membership drives have no direct benefit to the council as a venue holder of the stadium, therefore would either not be permissible, or CCM would have to pay billboard/signage fees.

. surely it is in their interests then to see an increase in membership numbers

. it is a different discussion for Pluim ... but if the Council owns the grounds then encouraging their use and major events at their venues surely falls within their remit

Shaun Mielekamp

This comment is mainly for Shaun but I'd like to hear feedback from other fans and members too.

I drive past the stadium almost daily and it pains me to see absolutely no mariners signs or colours up, as a sponsor of the club myself I'd love to see at least a reminder to the central coast of the opening of membership renewals and maybe even banners for upcoming friendlies or our game against blacktown. The road must get at least 20 000 people driving past a day and it just seems a wasted opportunity. I know Facebook and social media is a great way to inform the coast of upcoming events for the club but there's a fair number of people who don't see that. A "renew membership" banner on the fence of the Mariners stadium will surely pay for itself tenfold.

Would be interested to hear input from anyone on this matter!
There is a membership banner up at the moment and the venue always promotes the next upcoming event. We would love to put more branding and colours up in the stadium the challenge essentially comes down to cost because we cannot have anything permanent. Any sign or banner we display must be taken down upon request of the venue and for anytime the venue is hired by someone else so it becomes very cost prohibitive. We are hoping we have the budget to do the flags on the bridge this year but still waiting to see what the finals costs are.

VicMariner

If so.....rather short sighted by the Council......... having said that Gosford Council are f**king stupid at times!!!
Is there any council that isn't stupid at times?
I seems like anyone elected to office lose half their brain cells.

Anyway, I look forward to the day that CCM are part of the coast and not in the coast....If you get my meaning....like some English clubs are part of the identity of the local area. Locals automatically rally to the CCM flag because it is them.
And hangers on like me tag along...

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

As an ALP member, I have had a number of Labor pre-selection candidates requesting my support to be Labor candidates for the September election. Each one has received an earful about the Mariner plan for CCS and how important it is to me as a ratepayer. Hopefully if any of them are elected, they will remember. Certainly Belinda Neal will as she's a Mariners member; if she gets pre-selection and if she then gets elected.

VicMariner

Mariner member for heart or mariner member for votes????

CCM should be/are part of the Coast. Anyone "representing" the area should be a member anyway.
imo

These people always like having season ticket No.1.... Have some blood in the trenches first.
Leeches.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

Mariner member for heart or mariner member for votes????

CCM should be/are part of the Coast. Anyone "representing" the area should be a member anyway.
imo

These people always like having season ticket No.1.... Have some blood in the trenches first.
Leeches.
Well, she reckons she's still a member. She's aware of how we've been going lately and she knows Paolo's our coach, so I've no reason to disbelieve her.

Kripple

There is a membership banner up at the moment and the venue always promotes the next upcoming event. We would love to put more branding and colours up in the stadium the challenge essentially comes down to cost because we cannot have anything permanent. Any sign or banner we display must be taken down upon request of the venue and for anytime the venue is hired by someone else so it becomes very cost prohibitive. We are hoping we have the budget to do the flags on the bridge this year but still waiting to see what the finals costs are.
There is probably just as much traffic passing the COE. I would assume the club would be allowed to put up banners promoting membership/ up coming games etc on the fences there. At present only four banners advertising the swim centre. An electronic sign promoting events wouldn't go astray there.

Wombat

Well, she reckons she's still a member. She's aware of how we've been going lately and she knows Paolo's our coach, so I've no reason to disbelieve her.

To be fair to her I was told the media stitched her up regarding the girl that played Football and said Belinda was dirty player etc. Apparently the girl blatantly lied for money....today tonight gave her money to lie and told her what to say they scripted the whole thing. (Allegedly)

pjennings

The Iggy's incident is also tainted. The main complainant worked for Chris Spence who subsequently ran for and won the State seat of The Entrance. Spence, who had previously been national president of the Young Nation, provided the paperwork and witnessed the statutory declaration.

MagpieMariner

The Iggy's incident is also tainted. The main complainant worked for Chris Spence who subsequently ran for and won the State seat of The Entrance. Spence, who had previously been national president of the Young Nation, provided the paperwork and witnessed the statutory declaration.
Was he one of the ones got booted for corruption before the last election?

pjennings

As an ALP member, I have had a number of Labor pre-selection candidates requesting my support to be Labor candidates for the September election. Each one has received an earful about the Mariner plan for CCS and how important it is to me as a ratepayer. Hopefully if any of them are elected, they will remember. Certainly Belinda Neal will as she's a Mariners member; if she gets pre-selection and if she then gets elected.

I'd actually like the club to come out and make their case in the context of the council elections, showing how they think they can run the stadium better than the council and then get the politicians of all hues to state where they stand. I'm pretty sure there will be at least person running supporting the Mariners having at least a long term lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred