• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hutcho is gone - Long live Hutcho

adz

Staff member
IMO it makes football fans look a bit petty if their biggest concern is the word "soccer" or "football". People use it to get a reaction too.
Then the funny thing is, say "Rugby" to any "Rugby League" fan and watch them throw a similar tantrum.
:popcorn:

rbakersmith

Hutch has opened up on his departure:

John Hutchinson has revealed that Central Coast Mariners coach Paul Okon never spoke to him during his departure from the club where he spent 12 years.
The former Mariners skipper was an assistant coach under Okon's predecessor Tony Walmsley and made a "mutual agreement" with Central Coast to depart the club in August on the same day the ex-Socceroos midfielder took over in Gosford.

Speaking to Goal in his first interview since beginning work as an assistant coach with the reserve team of MLS outfit Seattle Sounders, Hutchinson revealed his disappointment at the way he was discarded by the Mariners.

EXIT WAS 'TOUGH'

"It was obviously tough. Once Tony got sacked and you know you're in limbo land because a new coach is going to come in and not want you, and all that kind of stuff," he said.

"Once Okon got the job and I hadn't spoken to him at all at that stage, you know you're not going to keep your job anyway. "I had myself prepared once Tony left I was going to lose my job. Okon didn't speak to me at all the whole time. "So in terms of that, that was really disappointing. To be at a club for 12 years and the head coach can't even have a chat to you - that was really disappointing." Hutchinson still hopes to return to Gosford and coach the Mariners one day but concedes "I don't really have much to do with them at the moment, which is sad".

Wombat

Considering our old national league was called the National Soccer League and our national team is called the Socceroos it doesn't really matter does it?

I think people dont like it as it seen as a affront by the other codes/media to deliberately misname our code. Also it is tinged with the "dumb America" Soccerball routine.

VicMariner

OK...so a month late but.....

Our game is...foot...ball.... it is played predominantly with the feet.
I like League and Union....and I even watch and enjoy AFL. But football is football.......THE NUMBER ONE SPORT.....IN THE WORLD!
We are No. 1. Accept nothing less.

Football!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami