• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
keepers do f**k all so im not sure how they get injured???. See kevin Keelan, dino Zoff and buffon playing into their seventies but Dr Dow at East Gosford Thai Masssage can and will help him with his hip flexor injury.
We should do an exspose into the many ways Wombat spins the massage business into thread topics.

Blackadder

Tweet from Shaun Mielekamp today , apparently Four player announcements over Four days.
Shaun Mielekamp‏ @SMielekamp 3h3 hours ago

Busy weekend @ Mariners. Aiming for 4 player announcements in 4 days - starts today
270d.png
1f914.png
stay tuned...

shipwreck

I didn't watch this guy play at all for MV, can anyone comment on his style?

Looks to be a little short for a CB but I'm hoping that means pace and precision, rather than the classic CB.

Big Al

I didn't watch this guy play at all for MV, can anyone comment on his style?

Looks to be a little short for a CB but I'm hoping that means pace and precision, rather than the classic CB.
Yeah not the tall imposing traditional CB but i think he will fit Paulo's style quite well. Good with the ball. Good positioning.

Apart from the goal SFC had very little chances in the GF.

I like his age and as Paul had promised at the forum he is looking for players to contribute for more than 1 season. Second 2yr signing.

The base of the spine looks good now just need some offensive punch

JoyfulPenguin

He struggled early in the season for Victory but as Victory improved so did he. By the end of the season his positioning was excellent, is a very good passer for a centre back and exactly the type of player for Paolo's system. Signing both him and Tom on two year deals shows confidence by and in Paolo. I'm very optimistic for the season ahead.

JoyfulPenguin

Baro sounds ok, but I wonder why Victory let him go.
I don't know but Victory look like they're having a big clear out this year. I think Baro paid the price for Ansell's, Donachie's, Broxham's,Georgievski's lack of positioning and defensive awareness. He was very often the only defender back when a team counter attacked Victory and he did terrifically to diffuse a hell of a lot attacks but there is only so much you can do. Teams that counterattacked very effectively, such as Perth, exposed Victory fairly easily and far too often he had little or no support from his left back. Baro, Valeri and Troisi ran Victory's possession game and consistently delivered balls to Rojas/Berisha and co.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

some of the MV (and neutral) supporters on reddit are saying he was quite a good and consistent defender. If so then he'll bring something to the back line we so desperately lacked all season - consistency, capability and leadership. Don't know anything about him myself - don't get to watch games where we're not playing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred