• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
I haven't seen who.is currently available from other HAL teams... But does anyone have a wish list of they would like from within the competition
Carrusca for sure. Cirio, McGowan, Devere, Moss. Id rather have a keeper from outside the comp as well as a cb.

Wombat

What happened to the Keeper Rowdy was talking about last season? I think he was a Liverpool junior?

pjennings

With Avondale FC - second to Bentleigh Greens in the Vic NPL on goal difference after losing 2 -0 to them on the weekend.

Wombat

What about Alex Grant and Shane Lowry from Perth. Both big strong Old school centre backs.

Perth Glory's A-League revival built on central defenders Shane Lowry and Alex Grant.
Defenders who defend? Now that is a revolution.

Observe the Perth Glory renaissance, and something becomes abundantly clear. At the heart of a committed, determined back four are two centre-halves, Shane Lowry and Alex Grant, who keep it simple. They win tackles, they win headers, they play the obvious pass. Short back and sides? You bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Al

What about Alex Grant and Shane Lowry from Perth. Both big strong Old school centre backs.

Perth Glory's A-League revival built on central defenders Shane Lowry and Alex Grant.

Observe the Perth Glory renaissance, and something becomes abundantly clear. At the heart of a committed, determined back four are two centre-halves, Shane Lowry and Alex Grant, who keep it simple. They win tackles, they win headers, they play the obvious pass. Short back and sides? You bet.
Perth goals against 53
CCM goals against 52

Kenny played them over Rhys Williams but Perth were very leaky this year

Capt. Awesome

My impression of Okon is he is not interested in 'Old School CBs'. He wants modern ball playing centre backs. Hence why he used Liam Rose in the back line in the later part of the year.

style_cafe

Who were they again?:popcorn:

Wombat

Lowry is 6ft 1". I dont think he played for Glory this season but played 12 times last year. He is Irish u23 international and was picked in Socceroo squad but has never played for Australia.
Grant is 6ft and has only played a couple of games this season but played 16 times last year. He was in Stoke's EPL squad but was loaned out.
Both imposing hard CB's...........exactly what we lack.

pjennings

McGowan is 6' 1" and is also Adelaide's golden boot. Adelaide had a slightly better defence than us but a central defender being the golden boot shows how they struggled in attack.

Gratis

Rumour town:

* Ferriera to PKNS FC http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3889...s-pkns-targets-ferreira-pknp-aims-for-schrock

* "MARINERS boss Paul Okon has left for Europe to do some scouting of players in Belgium, Holland and Spain — but not every game is entirely vocational. Okon was due to be at the Manchester derby on Thursday night UK time, and we presume Okon won’t be making a pitch to David Silva or even Wayne Rooney.

IN Okon’s absence, speculation continues about the comings and goings in the Mariners squad. We hear Joel Chianese is keen on switching to the Central coast next season, but Mariners defender Jacob Poscoliero could be heading in the other direction — the word among his teammates is that the centre-half is off to Perth."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l/news-story/d2679c8a3e0d518f5dc2648f47c5f154

scottmac

Suspended
Dear Mike, Sean and Paolo

Get these f**king imports right or everything you've done until this point will be for nought.

Sincerely,
Every f**king Mariners fan everywhere.

P.S. a marquee wouldn't go astray either.

Wombat

Dear Mike, Sean and Paolo

Get these f**king imports right or everything you've done until this point will be for nought.

Sincerely,
Every f**king Mariners fan everywhere.

We came 8th....they haven't done much!!!

bikinigirl

. sorry i just can't see the sense in us having a marquee ... i think they are possibly more disruptive to our squad than any other

. it is kinda superfluous ... what is needed is spending a decent amount on a decent squad - our 'average' players need to be comparable to other teams in worth and above average in value

. i know it is a different sponsorship model with a marquee but how many people do you think a marquee will draw into the membership pool? if you are drawing from the coast fan-base i would guess very few. even most marquees would be unknown to the average coast fan i reckon - for example i may have heard of del Piero and Garcia before their arrival, but i knew nothing about their careers ... and therefore they would not have influenced my decision to buy a membership

bikinigirl

It's the cap space having a marquee affords you that is the real value.

. only if you spend the money ... apparently we barely even made the floor when we hard Garcia so there was no added value in that sense as you imply (but i know exactly what you mean yet personally i think that part of the system is wrong)

. can we just get the basics in place first

scottmac

Suspended
. sorry i just can't see the sense in us having a marquee ... i think they are possibly more disruptive to our squad than any other

. it is kinda superfluous ... what is needed is spending a decent amount on a decent squad - our 'average' players need to be comparable to other teams in worth and above average in value

. i know it is a different sponsorship model with a marquee but how many people do you think a marquee will draw into the membership pool? if you are drawing from the coast fan-base i would guess very few. even most marquees would be unknown to the average coast fan i reckon - for example i may have heard of del Piero and Garcia before their arrival, but i knew nothing about their careers ... and therefore they would not have influenced my decision to buy a membership
I don't know what type of marquee your thinking about but I'm thinking berisha broich castro fornaroli. f**k marquees for memberships that will never work. Win games and get a crowd favorite who is f**king good. That will help memberships. But that request has nothing to do with memberships and everything to do with wanting a good mariners team again. Couldn't give a f**k if next season is played out in front of 7000 a game. Can give a f**k about another shit f**king season.

Smart use of import spots will be a great step towards going further next season. And like i said a berisha in the front line or a Castro in the midfield will accelerate our March up the table. Don't care if its out of reach or not smart business. That's what i want.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred