• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Other A-League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFC Mariner

Nothing will happen. Nothing ever does.

Sponsors don't leave, no points get docked. RBB are untouchable.

I hear today at work that SFC werent angels post game and in addition to smashing seats it was pretty nasty when they got outside

Wombat

They still have suspension of points till the end of this season from throwing flaires.

Like Fulham said nothing will happen. Victory had a similar banner about Bling FC (or the other way around) unfurled at our ground maybe 7 seasons ago. Pretty crude and it took the brainiacs in security 15 mins before they tore it down.
I didnt see you at the game Syd...you ok?

sydmariner

Nothing will happen. Nothing ever does.

Sponsors don't leave, no points get docked. RBB are untouchable.

I hear today at work that SFC werent angels post game and in addition to smashing seats it was pretty nasty when they got outside
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today found the Western Sydney Wanderers FC guilty of bringing the game into disrepute through the actions of its supporters following the display of an unauthorised and highly offensive banner at last Saturday night’s Sydney Derby at ANZ Stadium.
FFA has also confirmed that Western Sydney Wanderers fans identified as being responsible for concealing, assembling and displaying the banner, some of whom have had their memberships suspended by the Club, will be put through the FFA Banning Process.

After considering the Club’s response to the Show Cause Notice, Western Sydney Wanderers have been fined $20,000.

FFA took into account the following measures undertaken by the Western Sydney Wanderers in its official response to the Show Cause Notice and public statements. FFA supports these measures and will work with the club to ensure they are enforced:

• The Western Sydney Wanderers suspended the membership of 14 individuals from the Red & Black Bloc (RBB) active supporter group for all matches.
  • Western Sydney Wanderers will require the members they have suspended to undertake a recognised social inclusion program approved by the Club prior to any re-admission to Wanderers matches before their club-enforced bans can be lifted.
  • Western Sydney Wanderers will monitor all media platforms for any further breach of the Spectator Code of Behaviour with a view to shutting down the Active Area if there is a further breach
  • Western Sydney Wanderers will monitor the actions of the fans at matches for any further breach of the Spectator Code of Behaviour with a view to shutting down the Active Area if there is a further breach.
“The actions of the Western Sydney Wanderers spectators responsible for displaying the banner and the ensuing celebration of the banner on social media were completely unacceptable,” said Head of the Hyundai A-League Greg O’Rourke.

“While we have noted and were pleased with the positive proactive measures undertaken by the Western Sydney Wanderers the fine reflects the fact clubs are responsible for the actions of their spectators and managing the approval of the game day banners and activities of their Active Fan Groups.”

FFA commends the Wanderers for acknowledgement that the club must carry responsibility for the actions of its fans.

FFA is working with the venue and security authorities to review other incidents of anti social behaviour from both Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers supporters at the Sydney Derby and will apply the FFA Banning Process to identified individuals.

“We have more than 60,000 spectators attend Hyundai A-League venues each and every week in our season,” O’Rourke said. “We will continue to work with our clubs, venues, security and the police authorities to create a safe and secure environment that is not affected by the anti-social actions of a few.”

- See more at: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...yqbewunxvi6129p941il2xtf#sthash.jQ4MELAj.dpuf
Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...vyqbewunxvi6129p941il2xtf#X757fDw93GLM0OU6.99
Sadly for us they don't lose any points.:mad:

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Hot air and a fine. Pathetic response by the FFA.

In happier news, Fitzgeralds little face as he was hooked by the plastics as their season goes further down the shitter. Priceless

Forum Phoenix

Pathetic. God behaviour bond is broken, suspended punishment should be enacted. I'd say gutless from the FFA. But it isn't. They are clearly putting commercial interests before values and the weight of bringing the league into disrepute. Which is worse than gutless.

RBB continue to tarnish the league in every respect except for chanting and making a great atmosphere. If we'd have done one tenth of what they have we'd have been booted for sure.

Arguments of... but that was specifically for flares seem stupid to me. So what, RBB need to be on multiple good behaviour bonds... One for Violence, one for vandalism, one for flares, one for promoting homophobia...

So many good things about Wanderers as a club, but they need to toughen up on the RBB or this shit will continue to see the leagues name dragged through the mud.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fitzy's goal was a stunner.
Word is that Nix fans got kicked out of Suncorp for doing their shirt off thing. Disgusting act from powertripping security if this is the case, but it's a normal story in this comp.
Probably another reason for why the league needs to separate from the FFA - because if the HAL was club focussed then they may be willing to work on a better approach with security.

Hope the Nix club chews off the ear of somebody at Roar to sort this shit out. Would be nice if clubs actually admitted that 'yeah, our security were dicks. Let us refund your tickets and transport'

dibo

Fitzy's goal was a stunner.
Word is that Nix fans got kicked out of Suncorp for doing their shirt off thing. Disgusting act from powertripping security if this is the case, but it's a normal story in this comp.
Probably another reason for why the league needs to separate from the FFA - because if the HAL was club focussed then they may be willing to work on a better approach with security.

Hope the Nix club chews off the ear of somebody at Roar to sort this shit out. Would be nice if clubs actually admitted that 'yeah, our security were dicks. Let us refund your tickets and transport'
It's a stretch to blame FFA for that, or to imagine that splitting the league from the FFA would make any difference to that situation whatsoever.

FFA neither hire nor instruct security. The club hires the venue, and the venue contracts and instructs the security.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ultimate responsibility for stadium treatment of the fans rests with the club - and they need to be working with the stadium and relevant parties to ensure fans are treated fairly and in a manner accordant with the particular style of support for this code.

I know our club does work with stadium security to find the right balance - and will get right on the blower when we're being mistreated by security at other stadiums.

This is a problem that has been with the HAL for a long time - the RBB are dicks, but they have raised some fair points about the way fans are treated.

I wasn't blaming the FFA, but a widespread and consistent approach to how fans are managed is something that needs to be led from the top. If there's a problem affecting the entire league, then the FFA need to show leadership, and work with the clubs to filter down requirements to other business partners (ie stadium security). Which is where I get to splitting the league - a common argument in favour of this is that the current setup isn't club nor fan oriented.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Security at Suncorp have always been sokka hating red necks. They are heavy handed and brutal.
Another reason why Brisbane is the worst away trip in the HAL

JoyfulPenguin

I really can't stand Archie Thompson as a commentator, is it possible to get more biased. Fox seem to have a policy of getting one former player from each side inevitably one or both has a massive ego and it just turns into a circle jerk or ego fight. You really need neutral commentators or this always happens.

Wombat

i'll let you fag hags bang on as much as u like. But its makes me laugh this desperate need to be politically correct (i get it in your case Dibo....hoping to be the new Clover Moore.)

I have gay friends, i have Muslim friends, I used to have alot of black friends in Sydney, (only 1 up here, and i'm tipping they would rather me than you beside them in an unpleasant situation)........its usually the PC brigade that need to get out more and mix with real people outside of the Eastern Suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred