• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3: CCM v Brisbane @ Gosford

Timmah

I think the problem on the weekend was that PP wasn`t there & no-one stepped into his role.
Sort of makes one appreciate the hard work he puts in to keeping it all going....:popcorn:
I was going to make mention of this - for all the questioning of our active on the weekend I was aware that PP wasn't there and that would certainly have had an impact.

Big Al

Central Coast striker Roy O’Donovan has described the Mariners’ 1-0 loss to Brisbane Roar as the club’s “worst performance” of the opening three rounds.

The hosts fired a blank for the second straight week as Thomas Kristensen’s scrappy first-half goal consigned the Mariners to consecutive defeats.

“It’s probably our worst performance of the season to be quite honest about it,” O’Donovan told Fox Sports.

“The goal we conceded is sloppy from our point of view.

“There are three guys around the ball, nobody puts their name on it and it goes through four people on the line so it’s very frustrating.”

Roar edge Mariners in first win

The two teams struggled to find fluency in a cagey contest having both suffered 4-0 defeats last round.

O’Donovan was starved of chances as Central Coast, despite remaining in the contest until the closing moments, failed to register a shot on goal.

“We kept a lot of possession (but) I didn’t think we created enough clear-cut chances,” the Irishman said.

“I think there are signs of progress from last season definitely. But again that little bit of cutting edge and taking accountability at the back let us down tonight.”

From 442

Timmah

Fair assessment and good to see the players being their own harshest critics.

The results might not be there yet but there's definitely a different feel about this season.

Big Al

Bit of frustration with the backs there as well.

Sounds pissed they keep letting the team down.

Roy could be getting a little frustrated with the whole thing.

Hang in there Roy

Wombat

Good analysis Roy but the game against Sydney was way
worse. Against Bris We had 10 shots I believe but Not one on target so
Forwards can't slag the backs just yet.

Wombat

Honestly I'm not that confident. I just think Rojas is better than any one else in the league. Berisha and Rojas are better than Cahill and Fornaroli imo. I think both pairings are great, and I want to see Cahill do well, but Rojas is on another level.

I've said this before, on Facebook and got flamed for it. But Rojas is more like Messi, and Cahill is like Suarez in their playing style. I think Rojas really has the X-factor.

I'm oiling up right now Leigh after Victory got schooled again by City in the FFA. Make sure your warm your hands first.

Forum Phoenix

Good analysis Roy but the game against Sydney was way
worse. Against Bris We had 10 shots I believe but Not one on target so
Forwards can't slag the backs just yet.

Was about to post the same thing - can only think its from his perspective - as he really didn't manage to get into this game. But our interplay and defence was much better than against Sydney at least for 60 odd minutes.

dibo

Despite the score, I don't think we were awful against Sydney. Our only truly awful period was the first half in Perth.

Since then we've had reasonable patterns of play with moments of error. Minimise those and we're really moving.

Our attack wasn't flash in Sydney, but their defence is excellent - we aren't the first and won't be the last to look toothless against that side.

Against Brisbane we have one disorganised moment at the back and fail to convert chances going forward and we get nothing out of it. But it looks more finely balanced than the second half of last season where most of the time we simply weren't at the races.

Timmah

I think the defence is drastically better - converting to goals at the front end is the concern. We looked listless near the 18 yard box

Big Al

On the podcast Brice talked about Roux in particular but the team in generals distance travelled during the game.

Said they travelled further against the roar than Sydney as didn't have the same amount of possession and had to chase the roar.

Also said wing backs and central mid travel the most and CB's the least.
I believe this would be relevant to the CB's having a lot of the ball in Sydney and the team not running as much and we therefore got tired against the roar as had to increase our tempo which is hard to turn on and off this early in the season.

Said Storm was almost back to full fitness. He cramped at 70mins against Perth, went 90m against Sydney be because of the possession and did the most distance in the team against roar.

bikinigirl

. ok, still catching up on match threads - a quick summary from my POV:
  • Okon still showing there is consequences to actions with Izzo in for Ivan
  • it may be last season hangover (because i know he made some decent saves) - but it was very easy to blame the goal on Izzo (lead-up aside) ... all i could see was another rush of blood. and i wasn't the only one in the stands furious about it
  • i saw Fabio defending!
  • IMO the combination of our formation and our midfield is adding to our issues ... and helping our opposition (which i might discuss separately [edit: actually probably better in a different thread])
  • the mood in the crowd was pretty good considering we lost ... again
  • galloway is a smaller than i thought

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred