• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Tevor

I still would have liked to see two marquee players this season, unfortunate for the HAL but don't feel for MV.

Wonder if there will be a second marquee or is it too late now.

Rowdy

Current GPM rules are for 'full-season' contracts only.

Hopefully the FFA tweak the rules to accommodate 'part-of-season' contracts & then Charlesworth finds us an AM in January that meets:
a) the FFA's suitabillity criteria (NO! neville-nobody's)
&
b) Charlesworth's budget.

Otherwise the Guest Player Marquee system will become tooo great of an advantage to the have's vs the have-not's.

Great for the spectacle & entertainment GPM players provide BUT not for the results of losing against them for 'povo' clubs like us. :-|

FFC Mariner

Funny (and true) Judas story.

Socceroos V Ghana at Allianz and Judas is a sub and starts to warm up behind the Cove end. Danny Alldopp is a sub too and is copping heaps from the Cove and is laughing his head off, just loving it. Some of the abuse was vile too.

Judas runs past us and cops 3 people calling him Judas. Looks horrified and warms up somewhere else.

Number 1 pea heart.

Looking forward to welcoming him to CCS

Wombat

Adelaide United eyeing former Jet:
Screenshot_2016-09-15-23-22-00-1_zpshoezf5g5.png

Tough-tackling Taylor Regan was released by the Newcastle Jets over 12 months ago and is currently playing in the Malaysian league with Negeri Sembian FA.

His coach in Malaysia, Aussie Gary Phillips, counts Taylor as one of the most influential foreigners in the league.

But now there is interest from back home. Adelaide United see Regan as the ideal replacement for young defender Jordon Elsey, who has suffered what is believed to be a season-ending ACL injury. However it remains to be seen if the Reds could even get close to the Malaysian salary Regan is currently on.

Regan is a muppet.

Rowdy

Vidosic to be terminated:
Screenshot_2016-09-29-18-49-22-1_zps7aky7x5h.png

While Michael Thwaite wants to terminate the second season of his Liaoning contract in China, fellow Australian Dario Vidosic will be forced out at the end of the season.

The Socceroo is in line to have his contract terminated after his less than impressive six games yielded only one goal and not much else.

The agents that introduced Vidosic to Liaoning have been told that their client will be cut at the end of the current Chinese Super League season.

It remains to be seen what will come of this potential termination as Vidosic still has a contract with $700,000 to run.

Rowdy

Word has it that Graham Arnold has received offers to coach elsewhere, with talk Melbourne City could be his destination.

With only 8 months remaining on his current deal with SydFC & yet to be offered a new contract, Melb.City's cashed-up owners have apparently made enquires regarding his availability for next season.

I think if Arnie can take SydFC to the finals this year, he could name his price with the Plastics.

Being able to attract former players in Wilko, Simo, Bernie & Vuka from a club he won a Championship previously shows players respect the 'culture' that we had at CCM and that 'culture' I think contributed greatly towards Arnie ultimately winning the Championship that year.

Melb.City hoping GA can replicate that ' culture & success'
..... with an additional $HIT-LOAD OF CA$H !!!

JoyfulPenguin

Word has it that Graham Arnold has received offers to coach elsewhere, with talk Melbourne City could be his destination.

With only 8 months remaining on his current deal with SydFC & yet to be offered a new contract, Melb.City's cashed-up owners have apparently made enquires regarding his availability for next season.

I think if Arnie can take SydFC to the finals this year, he could name his price with the Plastics.

Being able to attract former players in Wilko, Simo, Bernie & Vuka from a club he won a Championship shows players respect the 'culture' that we had at CCM and that 'culture' ultimately won Arnie a Championship.

Melb.City hoping GA can replicate that ' culture & success'
..... with an additional $HIT-LOAD OF CA$H !!!
I don't think Arnie can play the style City's Manchurian overlords want though. I would be fairly surprised if they pick him.

Rowdy

I think a lot of people mistakenly think Arnie likes to play a defensive or too conservative style of Football.

I think they also forget that he is/was a striker, a pretty good one at that - was the first Aussie to be signed to the Eredivisie.
1982/90 - Syd.United 178 games (68)
1990/92 - Roda JC 61 games (22)
1992/94 - Liège 60 games (23)
1994/95 - Charleroi 16 games (1)
1995/97 - NAC Breda 63 games (35)

Scoring roughly a goal every 3 games, one every 2 games in his best years in his return to the Netherlands with NAC Breda, he certainly knows how to play atracking Football.

It's just that GA focuses on defense greatly because as the saying goes:

"A Championship winning team doesn't win the title from the amount of goals it scores, it wins the title from the amount of goals it doesn't concede"

Arnie proved the above, with how he won us our only Championship.

Get the defense right first, then you can focus on the remaining middle & front third.

Okon will be trying to do the same thing with us now (he knows it's a fcuking PRIORITY after last season & last weeks 1st half) , albeit Paolo will no doubt set up defensive structures slightly differently to Arnie, in what suits how PO wants the ball moved from the back to the front.

I wouldnt discount GA making a move south. In fact I think a few A-League coaches will be shuffling this season or at its end.
- JVS, regardless of how Melb.City go

- Poppa, 'win the title' & he'll be in demand in China/J-League where he had respect as a player and now as ACL Championship winning Coach &/or possibly the Championship in England, was talk in his 2nd year at WSW that he could take the reins at his former club of Crystal Palace where he was an Assistant before WSW
... doesnt 'win the title' & all the above still possible either way. ;)

- Mark Jones, can only see owner Martin Lee giving him the season, as to quieten the locals - before $pending on a higher level Coach next year.

dibo

Arnie's Mariners were most notable for having a very clear plan that he built up, instilled into all his players and then ensured it was executed faithfully.

Many of the wins came in a fashion that 'felt boring' because you knew it was coming. They had some big wins and some good wins, but because it seemed like a natural process maybe it wasn't exciting.

It contrasts with the sort of 'entertainment' that comes from having no plan and no idea, with wins that arise as if from a Benny Hill chase rather than predetermined strategy (yes Mr Walmsley, I'm talking to you).

Moss carried on the same model, but having lost Ryan, Bojic, Ibini, Bozanic and Zwaanswijk... the attack lost the pace and fluency of the year before (hence the derision for 'Moss-ball'), and the questionable recruiting meant it didn't get any better...

Boring stats time:

In points per game, his Mariners teams were the 5th (2012/13), 8th (2010/11) and 9th (2011/12) best in the league's history. 2012/13's 2.00/game is only bettered by Brisbane 2010/11, Victory 2006/07, Wanderers 2012/13 and Adelaide 2005/6.

In goals per game the 2012/13 side was the 10th best in the league's history at 1.78 goals/game. It's only fallen down the ranks because last year was a hugely goal-heavy year (City, Roar and Glory all scored more per game!).

Though he was a striker as a player, getting his team to perform goalscoring heroics is not Arnie's party trick.

That comes in defence: defensively, he had the 2nd (2012/13), 5th (2011/12) and 12th (2010/11) best sides in A-League history.

So on goal difference per game, it's no surprise his sides were 3rd (2012/13), 11th (2010/11) and 12th (2011/12) best in the league's history.

The 2012/13 Mariners (that were effectively Arnie's Opus) outshine all teams that have gone since, and were only shaded that year by three points given up to the Wanderers in March, that could have been reversed had Mat Ryan put a f**king penalty away.

FFC Mariner

Watching Sydney dismantling the flare chuckers reminded me of our championship winning side.
Ruthlessly dull? Great if it's your team, not great for everyone else?

Rowdy

Sydney's routing of WSW was 'hillarious to watch' by some accounts.

WSW losing to SydneyFC by whatever 'style' is ALWAYS entertaining, regardless if the scoreline isn't a true refelection of both teams performances.

'One man's trash
.... is another man's treasure'

WSW being routed 4-0 with 'dull' football, (I don't think it was) will always be treasure Football for mine.

Big Al

Arnies first SFC with Bernie wasn't boring and with the attacking talent won't be boring either. He has said they will be more attacking. If Bernie gets fit they will be a very good team.

Wouldn't surprise if City went after him and he went. Don't think he will do Asia again he knows the language barrier is to big.

Can't blame SFC for hesitating but JVS is always shaky at City so could be an interesting times.

If the dominos fall we need to be careful if PO is a success

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred