• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Michael

It is also our one unique chant not sung by any other club. It was penned by a club supporter (Jimmy - Phil James) and represents a time where despite our success we were never acknowledged or given air time. It is a massive finger up to the FFA and the media and I love it.
It’s definitely still relevant, happened to watch NBN news lastnight all they said was we won the league cos we beat Adelaide 2-0 😂

Melange

Ahhh yes who could forget those 😂
Woodcock was the striker for those wasn’t he? It was wood something…
I went looking for some info on those wins, I'm sure it was against some reasonable Euro teams but they sent young sides.

Turns out the internet is dodgy though, I searched "central coast mariners win 6s" and first 50 or so results referred to a game against Melbourne City this time last year that had a 6 in the result.

Then I got distracted and watched the all access show covering that game, and the show covering our smashing of Adelaide in the double header, I think I've watched each more than 50 times.

Then I texted a friend who follows City to ask if she wanted to do a watch along of the all access before City play this weekend. Thought it might get her all inspired listening to Rado's speech and reliving Scottie's magnificent leadership style. I haven't heard back from her.

priorpeter

I went looking for some info on those wins, I'm sure it was against some reasonable Euro teams but they sent young sides.

Turns out the internet is dodgy though, I searched "central coast mariners win 6s" and first 50 or so results referred to a game against Melbourne City this time last year that had a 6 in the result.

Then I got distracted and watched the all access show covering that game, and the show covering our smashing of Adelaide in the double header, I think I've watched each more than 50 times.

Then I texted a friend who follows City to ask if she wanted to do a watch along of the all access before City play this weekend. Thought it might get her all inspired listening to Rado's speech and reliving Scottie's magnificent leadership style. I haven't heard back from her.
From memory it was the Phillips Soccer 7s in… Singapore, or maybe HK. We played Celtic, man Utd, and a couple of HK based teams. Lost in the semi finals.
I think the striker Michael was referring to was Russell Woodruffe.

Ironbark

She's not your friend anymore I'm sorry to tell you

VonBowellski

So hypothetical, 8 months or so ago we all would have taken Monty back in a heartbeat. Now that we have Jacko who has already achieved legend status in the club (godhood to be confirmed), what to do with Monty? Given its all gone to shit in Scotland, would he come back to Aus to reset, and who with if not us?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred