• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R1: Mariners v Perth

pjennings

Depth is a real worry if in the 1st game of the season Mat Sim is being mentioned for the starting 11.

Depth is a real worry. We only have 21 signed on and with Liam Rose away (is he still?), and possibly 2 injured we may only have 18 players to choose from this weekend. I can see we will have to dip into the youth team this season. Will be a challenge for TW but there are some good kids coming through.[/QUOTE]

I think we have a reasonable depth assuming Berry and Adelson have been signed in some capacity - just missing another CB

Assume the TW XI of starts on Saturday (given injuries to Monty and Josh)

----------Reddy--------

Roux---McGing---Posco---Micky

--------------Harry---------

------Caceres------Fitzy--------

Fabio--------Roy------------Mitch

then we still have a decent alternate XI of

--------------Izzo

Adelson----Monty---Bosnar---Sim

-----------Rose--------

Trifiro----Kalik----Rose

----Heffernan---Bingham

with Berry over

I really liked Roy's runs on the weekend - not all of them picked up yet and some of the balls from Kalik were sublime. Fitzy also looked much more at home at AM than he did when he first was used there in pre-season.

rbakersmith

The squad:

Central Coast Mariners: 2. Storm ROUX, 3. Josh ROSE, 4. Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5. Harry ASCROFT, 6. Mitch AUSTIN, 7. Fabio FERREIRA, 8. Nick MONTGOMERY, 9. Roy O’DONOVAN, 10. Anthony CACERES, 11. Nick FITZGERALD, 12. Liam REDDY (GK), 18. Glen TRIFIRO, 19. Josh BINGHAM, 20. Anthony KALIK, 21. Michael NEILL, 22. Jake McGING, 23. Eddy BOSNAR, 30. Adam PEARCE (GK)

Unavailable: 1. Paul IZZO (national team duty), 14. Dan Heffernan (awaiting Visa clearance), 16. Liam ROSE (national team duty)

And yes, you read that right. Heffernan doesn't have clearance yet :(

Rowdy

I quite like your 4132 set up but again don't fancy Fitzy in the key CAM role.
COYY.

PJ's literally taken the words out of my mouth with his post.

If Walmsley’s going to play the 4-1-2-3,
Then of the "2", in the 11v11 game just gone, Fitzy outperformed Caceres imo & he managed to find the back of the net at least once iirc. Definitely should have have scored more with the number of chances he created.

Whereas Caceres, as i mentioned in my previous post about the game, was dropping back 'too much' next to the DM (Ascroft) picking up the ball off CB's, right alongside Ascroft, as if we were playing with 2 DM's.

Also, others have mentioned Simm as a ("know it sounds crazy") possibility in the squad.

In the 11v11 he played really-really well imo.
He played as the LB for Hutchos/11 blue shirts, Micky Neil his counter opposite.

SO considering he wasnt recieving balls from Caceres, Fitzy & not getting to interplay with likes of RO'D, Fabio (the mostly starting 11 side) again he performed 'surprisingly' well. Dribbling into the box after making runs & TAKING SHOTS (which IS what we NEED)

Well enough to def. be on the bench, even a 'crazy start' at LB because Mickey Neil didnt really 'do it' for me and get forward enough. Matt SIM DID!

It was Storm Roux on the rhs who was pushing forward often, most of the 5 goals for TW's 'starting 11' came from down the rhs,
Roux-->Fab-->RO'D.

imo IF Sim (at LB) had started there instead of Neil - playing in behind Mitch Austin ( at LM) in TW's 'starting 11' they would of scored another 5, easily. Making it 10 nil.

Starting Sim, Crazy? Walmsley’s now playing with 1 DM, which some may think IS.

I don't think EITHER are. (EDIT: Squad posted above as I was typing :cool:)

Last edited:

localpom

The squad:

Central Coast Mariners: 2. Storm ROUX, 3. Josh ROSE, 4. Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5. Harry ASCROFT, 6. Mitch AUSTIN, 7. Fabio FERREIRA, 8. Nick MONTGOMERY, 9. Roy O’DONOVAN, 10. Anthony CACERES, 11. Nick FITZGERALD, 12. Liam REDDY (GK), 18. Glen TRIFIRO, 19. Josh BINGHAM, 20. Anthony KALIK, 21. Michael NEILL, 22. Jake McGING, 23. Eddy BOSNAR, 30. Adam PEARCE (GK)

Unavailable: 1. Paul IZZO (national team duty), 14. Dan Heffernan (awaiting Visa clearance), 16. Liam ROSE (national team duty)

And yes, you read that right. Heffernan doesn't have clearance yet :(
So just Matt Sim omitted from the squad ? Good news on Monty and Rosey but maybe they are been given as long as possible to get fit. Will be an interesting first look at the starting 11. No idea on the CB pairing but think Reddy, Storm, Micky N, Caceres, Fitz, Rosey,Fab,Roy and Monty are 9 who will start.

kevrenor

Both squads, ref etc:

R1 - Saturday, 10 October 2015
Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 5:15 PM (Local) (5:15 PM (AEDT))
Referee: Strebre Delovski
Assistant Referee 1: Lance Greenshields
Assistant Referee 2: Andrej Giev
Fourth Official: Luke Withell

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC Central Coast, 720 ABC Perth & ABC Local Radio WA, Grandstand Digital Perth & Online & via the ABC Radio Mobile App – A-league Live. Coast FM 96.3 (Gosford)