• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Academy / Central Coast FC 2016

dibo

No, I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. It's now a question of whether CCF accepts the licence.

dibo

CCM might be able to arrange with CCF to have it run by CCMFC with a CCF badge on the chest. I gather (from a distance, mind you) that the relationship is now *significantly* better than it was, the CCM teams will play at Pluim, etc.

pjennings

NEWS: Mariners granted SAP & NPL Licence

announcement_ctxqe1z2cor416cxbbxlb1ddi.jpg

The Central Coast Mariners Academy will be up and running for the 2016 season
Thursday, 1 October 2015 -

The Central Coast Mariners are pleased to inform Members, fans, Corporate Partners, media and the Central Coast football community that Football NSW has granted the club SAP & NPL licences to facilitate an elite pathway in various ‘Football NSW 2016 National Premier League’ (NPL) competitions.

The Central Coast Mariners will commence the management and development of an elite football program for males and females on the Central Coast from the 2016 season.
Within this program is a Skills Acquisition Program (SAP), which is Football Federation Australia’s official talent player pathway for 9-12 year old boys and girls.
The Central Coast Mariners Academy has been at the top of Executive Vice Chairman, Peter Storrie’s priority list since joining the club last December.

“I am delighted that the Mariners have now been granted a SAP licence along with the NPL licence for the 2016 season,” Storrie said. “The SAP program is crucial to the Mariners elite pathway that allows us to bring players into our Academy from as young as nine years old. “I would like to thank Football NSW for granting us this licence and my thanks goes to the full support that we received from Football Federation Australia (FFA) and Central Coast Football (CCF) for supporting the licence hand over from CCF to the Mariners. “We are excited to build on the excellent work of CCF Academy under the guidance of Ken Schembri and ensure that in the future we have the best players and best coaches on the Central Coast – we can answer all questions at the Academy information night on October 9,” Storrie said.

The Central Coast Mariners Academy information night will be held at Central Coast Leagues Club (Parkview Room) on Friday October 9 at 6:30pm. All questions for parents and children around the Central Coast Mariners Academy for the 2016 season will be answered on the night. In attendance will be Peter Storrie (Mariners Executive Vice Chairman), John Hutchinson (Mariners Assistant Coach) and Ken Schembri (Academy Director).

The Central Coast Leagues Club (CCLC) has also joined IN for the upcoming season and backed the Central Coast Mariners Academy by signing on as the Academy’s sponsor. Their logo will feature on the team’s jerseys from SAP right through to the NPL first grade team and the Mariners would like to thank CCLC for their ongoing support.

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...ed-sap--npl-licence/7v31z90jjnmb1n5ymc50qwxbd

dibo

Great news on CCLC; on being granted a SAP licence, there's surely only about 20 seconds before SFC and WSW demand to also be granted SAP licences.

dibo

It won't happen. The Competitions Review resolution specifically blocks SFC & WSW from being eligible for SAP licences.

The resolution also says that the "Number of SAP licenses will remain at 31 for 2016", but they've ignored that.

rbakersmith

The resolution also says that the "Number of SAP licenses will remain at 31 for 2016", but they've ignored that.

The SAP declaration says:
The Board is prepared to consider extending the SAP program by reviewing geographical areas that may be under-represented among eligible Tier 2 Youth Clubs that have already applied for a 2016 licence. Management will make further recommendations to the Board for its consideration at the October Board meeting.

I would assume that they went over 31 because the extra Tier 1 clubs resulted in some areas being under-represented - for example NSM are now in Tier 1, which has resulted in NSM and NSFA being added to SAP.

dibo

My point was (and remains) that they made a decision that contravened their own comps review outcome.

I think NSM, NSFA, SSFA and Wolves will all be great in SAP, but their initial declaration basically said that they ought to have had to choose who was out if they were coming in.

Now we know they can do what they please in respect of the comps review outcome, SFC and WSW are only out because the Board chose not to put them in, not because of what the comps review outcome said.

rbakersmith

Firstly, I don't think it would have been workable to have a hard cap, and I think FNSW realised that. I know there's some geographic overlap in SAP (is it really necessary to have 3 Bankstown clubs?), but cutting out 4 clubs (let alone 6) to add in the new ones almost certainly would create holes which would disadvantage some Tier 1 clubs.

It's also hard to argue that the catchment area for SFC isn't already adequately served; for example Eastern Suburbs, St George FA and SSFA can all act as feeders into the SFC NPL team without adversely affecting other Tier 1 clubs. You might be able to make a case for a WSW SAP based out of Valentine Park or somewhere else in the Hills District, but I think that would need to happen in conjunction with the establishment of a FA in that area.

I also suspect there would have been very strong opposition from existing clubs if they were forced to make way for A-League sides. They complain enough about players being poached from NPL sides - imagine the uproar if they lost juniors to them as well...

dibo

FFS.

All I'm saying is that they've chosen not to follow their own resolution, and as a result SFC/WSW may well ask the question.

I'm not saying FNSW will or should admit SFC/WSW to SAP.

I'm saying that their resolution saying that they won't be admitted is not by itself a reason to suspect they won't ask.

rbakersmith

Leaving aside the resolution and how well it's been applied, I strongly suspect that there won't be applications from SFC or WSW.

Your assumption is that SFC & WSW would perceive the granting of a SAP licence to CCM without being given the opportunity to apply as creating some sort of disadvantage, and that they would then want to
demand to also be granted SAP licences

But what would have happened if FNSW had knocked back the application? Or there wasn't one, either through choice or because the resolution also applied to CCM? The outcome would still have been the same - a SAP on the Central Coast (albeit run by CCF instead of CCM) feeding into CCMA as the only NPL NSW side north of the Hawkesbury. That perceived disadvantage would still be present, and SFC & WSW wouldn't have tried asking for a licence.

My point is that CCM is a special case - there are enough SAP clubs in Sydney that could either feed directly into SFC or WSW, or whose players could end up with either of those sides anyway. It's simply not necessary for those two teams to run a SAP, and they know it.

Rowdy

SFC &WSW will prob just have to align themselves with 1 &/or a few SAP's within their 'catchment area' (let the land grab begin).

Throwing $$$'s at any one of these clubs or associations with an SAP licence will pay dividends, chuck in sweeteners like Graham Arnold/Players turning up for some 'guest appearance' coaching sessions.

The $$$'s could fund SYDFC approved(appointed) coaches who 'coach SYDFC philisophy' etc.

An SAP licence by $tealth :cool:

Luke

Also 1st grade player of the year Blake Tuxford (GK) has signed for the Scummers youth which sucks.Big loss.Brilliant goalkeeper and was close to winning GK of the year in the whole comp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred