• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015 Mariners Pre-Season Games

Rowdy

Scored 2 hattricks in pre-season before season 1 ;)

edit: vs Adelaide and Brisbane (Queensland)

Ahhhh those were the days :pirashoot:& Fk'me what a pre-season it was !

Mrdja stomped 'Scummer' Andrew Durante & broke his leg in 2 places in the May 2005 clash at The Tongue, set up the rivalry for decades to come. We went on to win our 1st piece of Silverware.

Mrdja got his 'karma' back after drinking a carton with our very own 'Froggy' from Bay16, playing a game of frick'n 'ping-pong' pissed as a fart & ruined his knee forever.

After that, all he was good for was selfies out fishing & 'pinging' without the pong. :cool:

Reactions: adz

Luke

I was at the game on Tuesday and I'll do my best to give a run down...

1st half 11 was
Reddy
Sim,Bsonar, Mcging,Ascroft
Whyte (from CCFC),L.Rose
Rose,Fitzy,Fabio
O,donovan

Was 2-0 at HT.Scorers were O'donovan and fabio,both really well worked goals.

Plenty of subs for the second half:
Pearce (youth gk),Monty (who is nursing an ankle injury but still managed to score a screamer),Storm,Posc,Bingham,Wales (from CCFC),Jamba (CCFC),Austin,Berry (youth) and 1 or 2 other youth trialists who I can't remember their names .

Monty,Wales,Bingham (x2 I think,could be wrong I got a little distracted in the second half chatting to people) and one of the youth trialists scored in the 2nd half.

Their goal was quite soft,Pearce was way too far out and got chipped from about 30 yards which if you've seen how tall he is it shouldn't be happening.He didn't convince me for youth last season but he's already signed on again so we'll see how he goes.I'm hoping we sign Blake Tuxford from CCFC as 2nd keeper for youth who was brilliant for the side all season and saved their asses plenty of times.

Probably not a whole lot you can take from playing a team from SL1 (soon to be NPL2) but it's another hitout and some combinations did look good,as did the COE pitch.
Also Northbridges 1st grade coach Joe Haywood will be our youth team coach.

style_cafe

As much as I love the Mariner`s , it`s so bloody hard to get interested when they have bugger all pre-season games at home & information/news is as scarce as rocking horse poo.
For Christ sake can someone at the club do something interesting for fans.ie a few interviews, photos, match reports etc. we`re being starved of information & frankly I`m losing interest.
Rant over

Forum Phoenix

I hear you Style, would love a more exciting pre season, but with home games you'd suspect with the clubs budget no one's coming to us, and we're forced to go to where ever we can get games... They do publish a few interviews, but they prob don't have that much to tell?:unsure:

greenlig

Any word on who those youth trialists were? I think there were a few boys from Tassie who are on trial at the moment.

Luke

Any word on who those youth trialists were? I think there were a few boys from Tassie who are on trial at the moment.

I know one of them was from Sydney Olympic U20s and another from a different Sydney NPL side.Haven't heard anything about the Tassie boys.

Rowdy

... they have bugger all pre-season games at home & information/news is as scarce as rocking horse poo.

I was at the game on Tuesday ....
....... did look good,as did the COE pitch.

Styles, you get an 'Amen here brother!'

CCM need to make more of an effort with this kinda stuff. Understand if the game is 'closed' like the one up at Scums'ville vs the Jest. But this Northbridge game was in our backyard where obviously anyone who knew about it COULD of gone.

LBT, where/how did you hear about this game at the COE ???

If I'd known about it & depending on the time, would have made an effort to go see.

Sure a few others on here would have as well

Luke

Styles, you get an 'Amen here brother!'

CCM need to make more of an effort with this kinda stuff. Understand if the game is 'closed' like the one up at Scums'ville vs the Jest. But this Northbridge game was in our backyard where obviously anyone who knew about it COULD of gone.

LBT, where/how did you hear about this game at the COE ???

If I'd known about it & depending on the time, would have made an effort to go see.

Sure a few others on here would have as well

It was never announced by the club (obviously otherwise you would have probably known) but Northbridge announced it on their Facebook page the week before as a "come on down and watch" so I assume there was some kind of miscommunication between the 2.They also announced Joe Haywood as the youth coach on their Facebook which hadn't been announced by the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred