• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

pjennings

Hard to really pick. Normally you want two of each position, four if there are two of them - e.g. CBs.

We're in a funny spot with the midfield trio, because we play both the two 6s 4-3-3 and the two 10s 4-3-3 at different times, so having three of each makes sense.

We seem to have the following:

GK Reddy / Izzo
RB Roux / ?
CB Bosnar / Poscoliero / Ashcroft / ?
LB Rose / Neill / Sim
DM Montgomery / Rose / McGing
AM Caceres / Kalik / Trifiro
RF Ferreira / ?
LF Fitzgerald / Austin
CF O'Donovan / Bingham

It seems that Rose can cover CB, both Poscoliero and Ashcroft can cover RB, Sim can play LF, Austin can play AM...

Tony and Peter Storrie both see McGing as a CB and Fitzgerald as an AM. Tony also seems to favour the 4-1-2-3 formation.

Tricky can play anywhere in midfield and the LBs and LWs are also interchangeable.

I see the team more as

-------------------------Reddy/Izzo---------------

Roux/Ascroft------McGing/Pocoliero/Bosnar----Josh/Neill

--------------------------Monty/Rose--------------------------------

-----------------------Caceres/Kalik/Fitzy---------------

Ferriera/Tricky-----------O'Donovan/Bingham---------Austin/Sim

I'd still like another couple of attacking players. If they have to be cheap McBreen or Matty on minimum wage plus incentive for 10+ / 15+ goals and young Trent Buhagiar would be worth a shot.

Last edited:

style_cafe

Mane, Anderson, Griffiths, Morton, Slater, Pandurevic, Duke, Simon, Major, Cernak, Hutch and Nash all went either during or at the end of the season. In reality, most of them had minimal positive impact last year.

We have bought in Izzo, McGing, Austin, O'Donovan and Bingham

At the very least I would think that Izzo and O'Donovan are better than who they replaced
Pat... you forgot that other imposter that was injured all season (the loan guy from Hungary)

Rowdy

Pat... you forgot that other imposter that was injured all season (the loan guy from Hungary)

Having signed him almost a year ago next month, a retrospective look back @ The Imposter......oh, I..um..mean - The Trail Blazer!

NEWS: Richard Vernes - our 'hungry' Hungarian
richard-vernes_qbkn6ahc78vm1lodeak1e1uig.jpg
Richárd Vernes

Tuesday, 19 August 2014
CCMariners.com.au

He’s been in Australia less than a week, but already former youth international Richárd Vernes has his sights set on blazing a trail for more Hungarian stars to join the Hyundai A-League.

By agreeing to sign with Central Coast Mariners on loan from Budapest Honvéd for the Club’s next two campaigns in Australia’s top flight, Vernes..........

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...0jt5kvh89m2i12yqd97hquaao#5odT0vO71EOLwtkJ.99

Reactions: adz

dibo

Played several games at CB last year and aside from a very shaky first game against City, he did reasonably well. He was a more committed defender than Anderson and a far better user of the ball too.

I'm not saying he's a first choice, but if you need to fill a gap...

adz

Staff member
Having signed him almost a year ago next month, a retrospective look back @ The Imposter......oh, I..um..mean - The Trail Blazer!

NEWS: Richard Vernes - our 'hungry' Hungarian
View attachment 348
Richárd Vernes

Tuesday, 19 August 2014
CCMariners.com.au

He’s been in Australia less than a week, but already former youth international Richárd Vernes has his sights set on blazing a trail for more Hungarian stars to join the Hyundai A-League.

By agreeing to sign with Central Coast Mariners on loan from Budapest Honvéd for the Club’s next two campaigns in Australia’s top flight, Vernes..........

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...0jt5kvh89m2i12yqd97hquaao#5odT0vO71EOLwtkJ.99

I think the trail lead to the beach? Pub?

localpom

Played several games at CB last year and aside from a very shaky first game against City, he did reasonably well. He was a more committed defender than Anderson and a far better user of the ball too.

Rosey did pretty well there, and tbh i prefer him there than Boz. I think Micky Neill will make the LB spot his own this year as well.

Rowdy

Played several games at CB last year and aside from a very shaky first game against City, he did reasonably well.

Rose isn't a central defender.

If were to have 2 player's for every position then we NEED another CB, NOT a LB or RB that when pushed inside, 'does a reasonable job'.

We preferably need one that's an 'instinctive' CB, has some 'physicality' to deal with an opposition striker who's also tall/physical at set pieces.

Take Bosnar out of our starting XI & our average player size is considerably 'smaller' than seasons past.

So a '6ft.+', natural CB who can also 'play-out' from the back, but most importantly DON'T be 'just a squaddie' & put pressure on Josh Rose for the CB spot (if TW's plan is for Rosey 2b there).

This 'new' CB would preferably push Rosey back out to LB or maybe even out of the squad altogether if Neil has a year that we've all been waiting for :cool:

Gratis

Ascroft may yet be that player. I know we're all hoping (but not necessarily expecting) he'll prove to be a Sainsbury MarkII

TW spoke about the 'imminent signing' of a new defender this morning. Expecting another youngin' methinks.

He also said the search was still of for an attacker who can add something exciting/different to what we have but that'd be a yet to see situation:
http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2015/07/tony-walmsley-on-925-abc-central-coast.html

pjennings

Adam Dawson trialling with a Conference team:confused:

Sunday 19 July 2015
KIDDERMINSTER Harriers defender Kelvin Langmead talks about the 1-1 draw against Birmingham City.

Trialist Adam Dawson had fired the Reds ahead but Shane Lowry levelled with a late header.

Dawson has just signed with Kidderminster for a year

banarama

To make us more attractive than kidderminster we would have to renumerate .... or hopefully we have something better in the pipeline. Looking foward to FFA clash on the 11th regardless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred