• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium, our idyllic bayside home

nearlyyellow

. i still want to see the real numbers on this ... by which i mean how many people were full members and how many were part-time members

. for example, to me 2 x 3 game passes + 1 x 6 game pass = 1 x full membership ... this is not the same as three members

. on that basis an increase in membership numbers could actually be a decrease in the level of support ... both physically and financially

. yes i know other clubs do it (melbourne apparently have over 20k members but play out of stadium with lesser capacity for example) ... but that only makes me more curious on what our real numbers are
If I may .... I think your take on member numbers is skewed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but each subscription consists of two parts, the "membership" fee and the game day pass fees. So I agree with you that even though there would be a revenue difference in the example you quote of 3 or 6 game day memberships versus full season game day passe memberships there is no difference in the actual 'membership" numbers. They both count as "memberships"and so both count in the final tally of members.

For those that bought the 3 or 6 game memberships it's up to the club to provide enough playing excitement on field, enough hype, to persuade those members to attend more home games than their pass allows, and perhaps upgrade their memberships (is that possible?) or at least carry the hype through to next season and those people may then buy a full season pass.

dibo

There is some merit to reporting (for want of a better term) 'full time equivalent' membership numbers - if there are 12 games then you'd do exactly as BG did and count 2 x 3 game passes and 1 x 6 game pass as 1 full time equivalent.

Basically you'd sum the games bought by members through the various levels of passes and divide by the number of games to arrive at the FTEM.

I'd be *stunned* if they don't keep these numbers anyway, and have it as a secondary metric to measure success (basically looking to maximise the ratio of FTEM to memberships sold and tracking the movement of that ratio year-to-year).

bikinigirl

If I may .... I think your take on member numbers is skewed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but each subscription consists of two parts, the "membership" fee and the game day pass fees. So I agree with you that even though there would be a revenue difference in the example you quote of 3 or 6 game day memberships versus full season game day passe memberships there is no difference in the actual 'membership" numbers. They both count as "memberships"and so both count in the final tally of members.

For those that bought the 3 or 6 game memberships it's up to the club to provide enough playing excitement on field, enough hype, to persuade those members to attend more home games than their pass allows, and perhaps upgrade their memberships (is that possible?) or at least carry the hype through to next season and those people may then buy a full season pass.

. whereas i see the club's view of membership numbers is skewed

. i am actually concerned about the opposite to what you have suggested about up-selling membership ... that people may opt (or have opted) for a 'lesser' membership ... yet the club is citing a growing membership base when the support of individual members may actually be diminishing

. don't get me wrong, growing the numbers is a good thing ... but the total itself does not give us the full picture and may actually be quite deceiving

. membership numbers are important for pitching to sponsors (potential or otherwise) and the FFA but also for atmosphere and the financial contributions they make to the club. so i can't say that somebody who comes to three big games a year, soaks up the atmosphere and gets a cheap deal is the same as someone who attends every game and gives their all in support. if that person used to attend 13 games a year we are obviously poorer in every area except 'total membership numbers'

bikinigirl

I'd be *stunned* if they don't keep these numbers anyway, and have it as a secondary metric to measure success

:piralaugh: ... i have been told a couple of times (i kept asking because i didn't believe it) that the club had no way of contacting previous (lapsed) members so i would be not be surprised at all

. remember that this is a club that a few months ago didn't even have a budget to target against (reported quote from storrie on his arrival) ... and if they were measuring against that critical metric well .......

Rowdy

:piralaugh: ... i have been told a couple of times (i kept asking because i didn't believe it) that the club had no way of contacting previous (lapsed) members so i would be not be surprised at all

So, are you saying that going back to S1 & the days of Ivan Spyrdz as Memberships Manager no one thought to 'back-up' the most important database at the club & the subsequent years?
:headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt:

bikinigirl

So, are you saying that going back to S1 & the days of Ivan Spyrdz as Memberships Manager no one thought to 'back-up' the most important database at the club & the subsequent years?
:headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt::headbutt:

. i was told that when they changed software they lost the old database ... which i suspiciously think was an excuse after someone deleted all that 'useless information'. i mean they know that i am a foundation member so they must have transferred some of the information they had from those early days

midfielder

Yer interesting how do they know who have been members from season 1.

On the membership packages their are pros and cons on balance I think its a good idea ...

Rowdy

A 'Member' should be a 'Fully paid-up Season Member'.

Anything else and that o'l football parlance comes to mind.....

"Where's 'So & So' this week, havent seen him for a coupl'a home games?"

"Oh him, just a 'part-timer' !" ;)

shelleybeach

The ***BANG*** as you went into each of the tunnels as all the windows slammed in their runners with the air pressure in the tunnels...
Wow, forgotten that bang. I always sat or stood near the carriage doors and the water dispenser with little paper cups

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb