• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

Atomic

I'm being told that there hasn't been any talk within the club about an ex-EPL striker nor any foreign investment. The latter I could understand as talk may have only occurred at board level… but with regards to the potential signing, I have been informed that a striker has been signed… but at a significantly lower level than the EPL. More like a Mane type level.

That's our lot in life, unfortunately… take a punt on a player returning from injury, not getting regular game time at their current club or a career that has stalled due to bad choices. We can dream about EPL players… but be prepared to be disappointed 99 times out of 100.

localpom

I'm being told that there hasn't been any talk within the club about an ex-EPL striker nor any foreign investment. The latter I could understand as talk may have only occurred at board level… but with regards to the potential signing, I have been informed that a striker has been signed… but at a significantly lower level than the EPL. More like a Mane type level.

That's our lot in life, unfortunately… take a punt on a player returning from injury, not getting regular game time at their current club or a career that has stalled due to bad choices. We can dream about EPL players… but be prepared to be disappointed 99 times out of 100.
We will see i guess. Maybe the Irish guy we were looking at, Roy O'Donovan? We need more than 1 striker though, so we must be looking at at least 2 more.

Golly

i was at the pub and tommy the sauce source was pretty adamant that BZ was coming to CCM
this is the same tommy that said crawley to aussie gig
and ando to not be offered upgraded contract at CCM

time will tell

love the rumour mill

Reactions: adz

midfielder

TBH thats the lot of our league just some coaches are better at it than others... Ange when he signed B & B arguably the two best signing of the league to date got them both recovering... Arnold the same as is Muscat ..twas what Moss failed at most ...

LM signed Travis and weeMac both recovering ... one worked one worked but was a little shit so we let him go...

I heard Arnold a couple of months ago talking about it how you look for a playing returning from injury who was in good form etc...

Tis a real skill ...

Atomic

i was at the pub and tommy the sauce source was pretty adamant that BZ was coming to CCM
this is the same tommy that said crawley to aussie gig
and ando to not be offered upgraded contract at CCM

time will tell

love the rumour mill
Mate, I hope you're right. This could be one of those occasions when only the inner sanctum know… and those that do know have been sworn to secrecy with the threat of castration hanging over them if they spill the beans.

Rowdy

If your a 'Head in Row Zed' you can always duck! :headbounce:

But what about our poor heritage listed 'Palm Tree's' ??? :D

Capt. Awesome

Two signing are imminent by the end of the week.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/foo...-in-north-sydney/story-fnk9blyx-1227371757904

THE Mariners have drawn a line under their flirtation with playing games in North Sydney, with the club’s new CEO pledging there will be 13 home fixtures at Central Coast Stadium next season.

Flagging two new signings within the week, CEO Shaun Mielekamp said the club’s future depended on reconnecting with the Central Coast region, after Mariners’ on-and-off-field struggles of the past year.

Part of that is an apparent end to owner Mike Charlesworth’s efforts to shift games to North Sydney Oval and Brookvale, with the club about to cement its relationship with Gosford Council and recommit to its home ground at the city’s Brisbane Water.

Mielekamp, who arrived at the club recently after nearly three years at the Wanderers, has already held a series of meetings with the club’s supporter base as the Mariners bid to win back the community engagement that characterised the club’s first few years.

Now the Mariners hope that a commitment to playing at Central Coast Stadium will expedite that process, and counter disillusionment from the forays into northern Sydney last year.

“It’s something we’re very passionate about committing to — just as the palm trees are not leaving Gosford, neither are we,” he said. “Next season we will definitely play 13 home games there, and we’re not far away from announcing a new partnership with the council to underpin that.

757852-b985e0ea-044b-11e5-bdd8-9a096bbdd38d.jpg

Shaun Mielekamp, new Central Coast Mariners CEO, at Central Coast Stadium. Picture: Peter Clark Source: News Corp Australia

“There will be a 14th round that’s technically a home game and we’re working with FFA on that as a community round. That will be a game we take to a region to help grow the sport there, and once we have the draw next month we can confirm where that will be.

“My role in these first few weeks has been to listen to the members, and start planning how to deliver what they want.”

Mielekamp said new head coach Tony Walmsley hoped to lock in two new players by the end of the week, though he admitted that overall the club was working to a limited budget.

“The squad size is something of a moving figure at the moment as we’re in talks with players and hopefully we’ll have news on that very soon,” he said. “We think they will show that there’s some exciting things ahead for us.

“But the financial and commercial reality is that we can’t fall into the trap of spending money before we’ve earned it. The long-term future of the club depends on our ability to engage with the community and to maximise revenue and of course hopefully be successful.

“For instance we’re in the market for a front-of-shirt away sponsor, who we want to be a national partner to highlight the growth there is on the Coast. Equally I’ve been astounded at the level of community interaction, in terms of player appearances and in terms of the testimonial game for John Hutchinson last week.

“I’m not sure any other sporting club in Australia could have created the context for an event like that, which just shows how much the club means to people here.”

localpom

Two signing are imminent by the end of the week.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/foo...-in-north-sydney/story-fnk9blyx-1227371757904

THE Mariners have drawn a line under their flirtation with playing games in North Sydney, with the club’s new CEO pledging there will be 13 home fixtures at Central Coast Stadium next season.

Flagging two new signings within the week, CEO Shaun Mielekamp said the club’s future depended on reconnecting with the Central Coast region, after Mariners’ on-and-off-field struggles of the past year.

Part of that is an apparent end to owner Mike Charlesworth’s efforts to shift games to North Sydney Oval and Brookvale, with the club about to cement its relationship with Gosford Council and recommit to its home ground at the city’s Brisbane Water.

Mielekamp, who arrived at the club recently after nearly three years at the Wanderers, has already held a series of meetings with the club’s supporter base as the Mariners bid to win back the community engagement that characterised the club’s first few years.

Now the Mariners hope that a commitment to playing at Central Coast Stadium will expedite that process, and counter disillusionment from the forays into northern Sydney last year.

“It’s something we’re very passionate about committing to — just as the palm trees are not leaving Gosford, neither are we,” he said. “Next season we will definitely play 13 home games there, and we’re not far away from announcing a new partnership with the council to underpin that.

757852-b985e0ea-044b-11e5-bdd8-9a096bbdd38d.jpg

Shaun Mielekamp, new Central Coast Mariners CEO, at Central Coast Stadium. Picture: Peter Clark Source: News Corp Australia

“There will be a 14th round that’s technically a home game and we’re working with FFA on that as a community round. That will be a game we take to a region to help grow the sport there, and once we have the draw next month we can confirm where that will be.

“My role in these first few weeks has been to listen to the members, and start planning how to deliver what they want.”

Mielekamp said new head coach Tony Walmsley hoped to lock in two new players by the end of the week, though he admitted that overall the club was working to a limited budget.

“The squad size is something of a moving figure at the moment as we’re in talks with players and hopefully we’ll have news on that very soon,” he said. “We think they will show that there’s some exciting things ahead for us.

“But the financial and commercial reality is that we can’t fall into the trap of spending money before we’ve earned it. The long-term future of the club depends on our ability to engage with the community and to maximise revenue and of course hopefully be successful.

“For instance we’re in the market for a front-of-shirt away sponsor, who we want to be a national partner to highlight the growth there is on the Coast. Equally I’ve been astounded at the level of community interaction, in terms of player appearances and in terms of the testimonial game for John Hutchinson last week.

“I’m not sure any other sporting club in Australia could have created the context for an event like that, which just shows how much the club means to people here.”
So far i'm liking the cut of his jib.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred