• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

shipwreck

If he takes Crawley than I would seriously question who is the big brother and who is just a rich spoiled cousin between our two fine clubs....

style_cafe

Surely you jest.
Mori is (or was until recently, so I read somewhere) the scorer of most goals for Australia, Aloisi also scored plenty for Australia, including THAT penalty and also the sealing goal for Australia's first ever World Cup finals win. They both performed just as effectively for us in the short periods we had them. Neither McBreen or Simon actually played for Australia, or if they did they certainly didn't score.
McBreen had one stellar season for us, after a couple of seasons of dross (I'm sure I wasn't the only one calling him McUseless); Matty worked very hard for us, I'll give him that, but best striker? His first season he couldn't hit the ground if he fell off a horse. After that, his best times with us were alongside Sasho and then alongside McBreen. On his own, I could count his goals on the fingers of my left foot. Yes, I exaggerate a bit there, but best striker no, even though I love the guy to pieces.
Matt Simon played 10 games for Aussie u23 for 5 goals & twice for the Socceroos for 0 goals

MagpieMariner

I wasn't aware of his U23 exploits, but that still leaves him short of the standards of Mori & Aloisi. I'm not having a go at Matty and I'm very sorry he's leaving us, but to say he's one of the two best strikers who've ever played for us is putting him way too high.

Capt. Awesome

So on very good authority I've been told the Mariners have signed Mitchell Austin from Cambridge. He is the left footed left winger Walmsley has been banging on about and we are about to sign 'a bigger name' player most likely to be announced early next week. (Nearly put pen to paper)

Atomic

So on very good authority I've been told the Mariners have signed Mitchell Austin from Cambridge. He is the left footed left winger Walmsley has been banging on about and we are about to sign 'a bigger name' player most likely to be announced early next week. (Nearly put pen to paper)
A 'bigger name' than Mitchell Austin??? Wow… the crowds are going to be flocking to CCS next season ;)

Roy Law

He doesn't even play for Cambridge! he has been playing Conference football. F..k me, we are setting the bar very low.

Atomic

Shane Smeltz came from the Conference - Halifax Town, where he scored 2 in 31.
That makes one. I believe that there is an infinite number of parallel universes, one of which contains a reality where Conference players come and dominate the A League. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm living in that particular universe :cool:

On another note, I'm smug to remind you all that a few weeks ago, I reported that my source told me that Cernak would be gone because Warmsely believed he could find a much, much cheaper alternative. It looks like Austin is it.

I also reported Vernes was on his way out. 2 for 2 ;)

pjennings

He seems to be a young, cheap non visa squaddie that Walmsley has seen something in. I wouldn't judge our recruiting on just this

Gratis

Walmsley has shown he can find young talent and draw out their potential, in Walmsley we trust I'm calling

Gratis

also I've sadly heard from a pretty reliable source that JC is almost certainly off to syd alas

Rowdy

Mitchell Austin from Cambridge.
Cambridge currently coached by former ALeague 'ScumFC' coach Richard Money.

VicMariner

also I've sadly heard from a pretty reliable source that JC is almost certainly off to syd alas
Arnie wants to win trophies but has not quite got enough of the Mariners down there to do it yet.

Would have been easier for him if he just stayed here.

style_cafe

That makes one. I believe that there is an infinite number of parallel universes, one of which contains a reality where Conference players come and dominate the A League. Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm living in that particular universe :cool:

On another note, I'm smug to remind you all that a few weeks ago, I reported that my source told me that Cernak would be gone because Warmsely believed he could find a much, much cheaper alternative. It looks like Austin is it.

I also reported Vernes was on his way out. 2 for 2 ;)

I predicted Vernes was going months ago...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred