• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R27: Victory vs Mariners - that's all folks!

kevrenor

R27: Sunday, 26 April 2015
Melbourne Victory FC v Central Coast Mariners FC
AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off:5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEST)

Referee:
Peter Green
Assistant Referee 1:George Lakrindis
Assistant Referee 2:Luke Brennan
Fourth Official:Patrick Chaplin

TV Broadcast:Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEST) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast:Online/ABC Radio Mobile phone app.
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag#MVCvCCM

Melbourne Victory squad: 4.Nick ANSELL, 5.Mark MILLIGAN (c), 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Besart BERISHA, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.Connor PAIN, 14.Fahid BEN KHALFALLAH, 15.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 16.Rashid MAHAZI, 17.Matthieu DELPIERRE, 18.Dylan MURNANE, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (GK), 21.Carl VALERI, 22.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 24.Scott GALLOWAY, 42.Lucas SPINELLA (GK)
***two to be omitted***

Ins:18.Dylan MURNANE (promoted), 22.Jesse MAKAROUNAS (promoted)
Outs:Nil
Unavailable:1.Nathan COE (gk) (injured), 2.Jason GERIA (injured), 26.Jordan BROWN (injured)

Central Coast Mariners squad:1.Matthew NASH (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Zac ANDERSON, 7.John HUTCHINSON (c), 8.Nick MONTGOMERY, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Nick FITZGERALD, 15. Matthew SIM, 16.Liam ROSE, 18.Glen TRIFIRO, 19.Matthew SIMON, 20.Anthony KALIK, 23.Isaka CERNAK, 25.Eddy BOSNAR, 26.Fabio FERREIRA, 30. Adam PEARCE (gk)
***two to be omitted***

Ins:15.Matt Sim (promoted), 26.Fabio FERREIRA (return from injury), 30. Adam PEARCE (gk) (promoted),
Outs:12.Liam REDDY (gk) (suspended)
Unavailable:17.Richard VERNES (shoulder – indefinite), 21.Michael NEILL (foot – indefinite)

style_cafe

It`s very hard to get interested in this game .
I hope the boys can rise to the occasion & send Hutcho out on a winning note.

style_cafe

i thought that nash was shit & we gave away to many corners

I thought he was decent considering he hadn`t played a full game for quite a while.
Keepers need constant game-time to get their timing right as well as their distribution.
To use Nash as a scapegoat isn`t fair.

We were outplayed by a far more advanced team than we have.
Seasoned professionals like Milligan, Thompson & Berisha just add that wow factor to a team.
In saying that I`m tipping Caceres to have a stellar year in season 11. He has just improved so much this season
Also the emergence of Kalick & Rose is heartening, whilst a fully fit Roux & Posco will give us added strength.

Forum Phoenix

"Farcical" is over the top and typical harper I think. We all love Matty, but what has he done for the last 3 years?

He is not on par with the strikers from the top four sides. So that's not farcical. He may have been judged as unsuited to the kind of football we're looking to play. That's not farcical.
He may have wanted more money than we can reasonably afford for a second string striker. That's not farcical. If we're in the model of developing and selling players, we'll get more for young strikers. If we want to draw crowds, we'll get more interest for foreign strikers - especially if a marquee.

The valid complaints are that he bleeds yellow, is well loved, always a handful so makes for a quality squad player at least.
But that seems not to have been enough for the club. Question it, fine. But that's not farcical. Harper has always been a twat. And this is a typical Harper twat comment.

Tassiemariner

Caceras and Kalik were like a ray of hope in that game. With some good training, they will star next season.

But this game will always be remembered as Hutcho's last game and the photos with the fans on Twitter post game were fantastic. Very jealous I couldn't be there but what a legend.

nebakke

I thought he was decent considering he hadn`t played a full game for quite a while.
Keepers need constant game-time to get their timing right as well as their distribution.
To use Nash as a scapegoat isn`t fair.

We were outplayed by a far more advanced team than we have.
Seasoned professionals like Milligan, Thompson & Berisha just add that wow factor to a team.
In saying that I`m tipping Caceres to have a stellar year in season 11. He has just improved so much this season
Also the emergence of Kalick & Rose is heartening, whilst a fully fit Roux & Posco will give us added strength.

I am actually fairly positive about Nash's performance today. I missed one goal, but generally speaking, I don't think he did much wrong. Whatever issues he rammed into, to an enormous extend, was brought on by atrocious defending.... On multiple occasions they were allowed at least one, often two attacking players completely unmarked in front of our goal - two of them at least, lead to goals, it was embarrassing at the very least!
After that display, Ando can go wherever - he's just not up to it without a strong leader by his side and Bosnar just isn't level headed enough to play that role. I'm back to thinking that we might be better off with a whole new defence after all.

Funny thing is that I actually think that the midfield and attack is looking better and better. Kalik, Fitsy, Caceres and Cernak had some cute little interplays today, they seemed to have a pretty decent understanding I thought.... Kalik held up fairly well too, considering the rough treatment he receved a couple of times, so it gives me good hope for the next season. After today's performance, I think we could do well with a hungry CF an experienced CB at least... Creating a lineup, something like this:

----------------------------Reddy-----------------------------
Storm-boy --- Poscoliero --- NewCBMan --- Neil/Rosie
------------Rose-------------------Monty--------------------
----------Fab/Fitz--------------------Cernak/Vernes?-----
-------------------------Caceres------------------------------
----------------NewStrongMan/Kalik----------------------

Bench
(GK?),Fab/Fitz,Cernak/Vernes, Rosie, Triff

Something along those lines, I feel like could make some good headway again.

Roy Law

We Were Never Going to Win Today
Given that the Victory had the crowd, the stadium, the visa players, the referee, the Foxsports commentators and Archie Thompson it is a wonder the Mariners bothered to turn up. It has been six years since Victory has won a title; although they have never lost their sense of entitlement. The air of inevitability could not be ignored.
The Mariners, as has been the way in recent weeks, tried to make a go of it. The pretty passing patterns had the look of training ground routines. There were moments of skill and high energy. The spirit was willing, but the tide of the game was all Victory.
Nash’s rarely seen goalkeeping skills were being stretched to their limits and finally he was beaten by a beautifully finished goal as Georgievski somehow scooped a shot from the edge of the area beyond Nash and into the net. Two minutes later crafty Archie’s near post header made it 2-0; it may have taken a slight deflection off Hutchinson. A prospect of a shellacking loomed large.
That it didn’t was due in no small part to the Mariners’ secret credo: give it to Eddy. Ten minutes after Thompson made it 2-0 Bosnar lined up a free kick. It seems all he has to do is get it on target and hit it well. The ball took a couple of deflections and ended in the back of the net. Cue a great shot of the Mariners’ fans hugging and laughing with joy.
Bosnar’s goal gave us all a lift. Although Berisha had brought us back to earth with the third it was not before Fitzgerald had almost scored and Cernak had hit a difficult chance from the rebound spectacularly over the bar. Fitzgerald was leading the way, he finds different ways to beat defenders but his cross, hit far too hard, from the right gave his Mariners mates no chance.
When Peter Green immediately yellow carded Cernak for a nothing challenge Hutchinson made sure, in a firm and measured way, that he fully understood the skipper’s anger at the amount of times Green had allowed so much thuggery by Victory to go unchecked. Hutch was angry, but it was ice-cold anger.
We weren’t going to win today but at least there was a willingness to have a go. Roux, Anderson, Caceres, even Bosnar put in decent shifts but my MoM is feisty Nick Fitzgerald, so willing and so capable of beating his opponent, or two.

rbakersmith

So the result didn't go the way we hoped... But we had a great time down there nonetheless.

A group of us caught up with the guys at Crown later in the night, and they were still going when I left around 12:30 this morning (stupid 6am flight to Sydney to get back to work :(). It was great to spend some time chatting to Hutch, and he even shouted us some drinks :overheadl:

Re Nash: I spoke to him last night, and it turns out he broke his foot 3 weeks ago and wasn't supposed to be playing last night... he said that he couldn't feel his foot from around the 50th minute, and that Pearce copped a gash to the head during training which is why he wasn't in the nets instead.

greenlig

Once Liam Rose, Monty, Cac, Kalik, Fitzy, etc start playing regularly, we are going to have a very creative, fast midfield. Some of the stuff we did last night was miles away from where we were under Moss, we just couldn't hold it together for the whole game. It'll happen sometime next season, we'll click and give someone a belting.

sydmariner

Re Nash: I spoke to him last night, and it turns out he broke his foot 3 weeks ago and wasn't supposed to be playing last night... he said that he couldn't feel his foot from around the 50th minute, and that Pearce copped a gash to the head during training which is why he wasn't in the nets instead.
Fair point but cos we really had nothing to play for would it've been worth trying an outfield player in goals

midfielder

WE will be competitive next year if we get the recruitment right we have the core of a team to build from.

ballantyne

Meanwhile, 13yo RBB member tear-gassed while trying to defend a flare-ripper later seen being comforted by his mother. You couldn't make it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred