• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

pjennings

Would there really be much benefit to the club in bringing on someone near the end of their career who has spent the last two years playing in League Two?

Fair point - but my first question would be is he better than Zac , Brent or Eddy. If yes then sign him before them. They've been told they are playing for a contract next year. That is an empty threat unless we look at other people. That does not mean that there is not someone as good or better that is younger that should be signed before him.

nebakke

My first question would be would you prefer him to Zac , Brent or Eddy. I have not seen him play for a few years but I would say yes, yes and maybe. He is also two years younger than Eddy.

If we could get Galloway on loan from Everton and have Brendan. Jacob and the guy you are referring to fighting for the 2 CB positions with Zac at 4th choice then we would look a hell of a lot stronger in defence than we currently do.

So, to my mind, signing him, would ideally be a decision on whether you'd prefer him over Eddy. The rest of them are young'uns and half the reason why we'd need someone like him, is that we'd get a Zwanny-type player in, who knows what he's doing, ideally playes well - by A-league standards - and can help mentor the younger guys. With a limited roster and a limited budget there doesn't seem to be much sense in having two guys at the end of their career in the CB position.

That sort of speaks to your comment too, rbakersmith... I don't see a problem with signing a guy who's moving towards the door - slowly. Especially not when we're trying to develop youth. We just have to keep in mind, how many of those players we actually have.

style_cafe

Whether he fits into the clubs plans is for the club to decide.
I realize that they are scouting for a new coach & may not want to sign anyone at this point.
I`m not looking to get anything out of this other than to help my team.
A simple reply, "yes we`re interested in having a chat" or "no we`re not interested" it`s that simple.
We`ve really struggled at CB all season & leaked goals like never before, one would think the management may have some interest due to his age & experience.

Roy Law

I saw Cansdell-Sherriff play last year, against Wimbledon; it was only when I read my programme that I realised he was playing. He didn't stand out. Griffiths look a better player IMO. Not that I am against veteran Aussies returning, every player should be allowed to prove themselves.

Big Al

Whether he fits into the clubs plans is for the club to decide.
I realize that they are scouting for a new coach & may not want to sign anyone at this point.
I`m not looking to get anything out of this other than to help my team.
A simple reply, "yes we`re interested in having a chat" or "no we`re not interested" it`s that simple.
We`ve really struggled at CB all season & leaked goals like never before, one would think the management may have some interest due to his age & experience.
Would prob be better to call and make sure info goes to the appropriate people. Just wouldn't trust an email to be treated seriously.

It does bring an interesting question. Do we wait for a new coach to sign players or will Wormly go ahead and make all the signings? Or at least important ones if they became available.

Roy Law

Would prob be better to call and make sure info goes to the appropriate people. Just wouldn't trust an email to be treated seriously.

It does bring an interesting question. Do we wait for a new coach to sign players or will Wormly go ahead and make all the signings? Or at least important ones if they became available.
I would be disappointed if Walmsley made important signings; it should be the responsibility of the new coach, albeit with TW's input. And I don't know how much influence MC has on this stuff.

pjennings

On Soccer Stoppage Time a couple of weeks ago Peter Storrie said it was important for community engagement that we get a marquee. Given that it is for community engagement - it means a real name - not a convenient way to pay your best player outside the cap.

How would the numbers stack up? I'm not great on income and expenditure of the club but realistically who can we get at the right price to add huge numbers to our gate, sponsorship and shirt sales and still afford and make a profit on after taking into account extra match day costs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred