• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19: Bogans v Mariners

nebakke

I didn't go and didn't even watch due to family commitments.....can someone please let me know how we went.
From the 0.0 score line and apparently lucky draw according to fox, am I to conclude....
1. We were shit again.
2. We have nothing in attack.
3. We basically were clueless against a basket case side?

Feedback please.

For mine, it was more like last week than many of the games before... With some quality moved from attack to defence. But there was attacking interest from the boys and, while not brilliant, the defence looked much less shaky, which was nice.
Still seeing some heinous errors and we really can't defend set pieces, but overall, I think it is finally feeling like they're clicking a bit. Still a lot of misplaced passes and misreading, but less than two months ago, so I'll take it ;-)

Forum Phoenix

In short; we played the better football, but they out muscled us and the ref was letting a lot go. We could have done with Hutch imo, and it's an unpopular thing to say, but Caceres simply does not cut it yet physically for games like this and would have preferred Trif. Defensively a clean sheet is great and Anderson played well again I think, but we were still vulnerable and a better side would have almost certainly scored. In front of goal, Fitzy demonstrating what we already know, he's quality but he can't finish.

Cernak was arguably our most effective player and yet Mossy's first sub...he didn't look happy to be going off tbh. Ferreria was class again, but had a good battle on his hands with the Korean whose a quality defender.

Where is Major? Why Bingham? Did I miss something? Why does Mossy have this habit of bringing in players to the starting 11 one week, and then they don't even make the squad the next?

All in all, no we weren't poor at all, and do seem to be improving - as in last week is looking like more than a one off. There were a lot more raking passes and balls forward which is good to see. Ferreria is making a huge difference and lends credibility to what some of us have been saying, you really do need that extra edge of quality in a few players in your squad, and if we had a couple more in our spine - we could become highly competitive again.

A future with players like Roux, Neil, Poscy, Rose, Fitz, Caceres etc... we're definitely a young talented team in transition, so I see a silver lining ahead myself. But still think we need some more concerted $$ player investment to bolster and help bind all the youngsters. ESPECIALLY without Hutch.

Last edited:

Roy Law

All too Nice
An F3 Derby without spite and malice is like a decaffeinated coffee; there simply is no point. The Mariners controlled most of the possession in the first half without looking convincing. The Jets had five shots in the first 25 minutes; the Mariners had none. Moss stuck with the same starters as last week but brought Bingham and Trifiro to the bench.
The Jets knew to crowd Caceres and Ferreira and it was almost half an hour before they made any real impression. On the left Cernak was lively but lacking in intellect, often cutting inside but to no real purpose. Anderson was scaring the life out of me every time he had the ball.
It was the ever willing Monty, pushing forward, who brought things to livf with a fierce half volley which Kennedy went full length to save. A couple of minutes later and the Jets thought they had scored. It was damn close; Reddy’s fingernails doing enough to save the day.
It was the only one of the Jets’ shots that seriously troubled Reddy. The one whereby our so-called defenders made Sam Gallagher look like a world beater as he waltzed across the edge of the penalty area. The one where the defence allowed Mitch Cooper all the time in the world to drill the shot. Thank goodness for Reddy’s reactions; it was a terrific save. If the ball had bounced in off the bar I doubt the Mariners would have had the ability to respond.
He should have been troubled by the Serbian debutant Alivodic, after Poscoliero gave up the ball, but the shot was a routine save for him. Posco deserved Reddy’s ear bashing.
The Mariners’ best football came in the second half after Moss made a positive substitution around the hour mark and brought on Bingham for Liam Rose. It worked; the Mariners had the Jets on the ropes and looked as if they could go on to win it but the only shot that looked as if it would go in was Ferreira’s curling effort which Kennedy brilliantly turned over.
There was plenty of endeavour, plenty of sweat poured in sticky conditions, but there was too much reluctance to really have a go; too many poor decisions made.
This game never reached the heights, or the lows, of previous encounters. There were too many handshakes and pats on the back for the opponent; even the arch-villain John Hutchinson seemed to smile too much. With the only possible remaining ambition for the Mariners being to finish in eight place it all seemed too nice.
Reddy apart from one errant throw gave a thoroughly professional performance, Monty drove forward all day but my MoM goes to the scowling brooding frustrated Ferreira who tried to make things happen.

Reactions: adz

AuzDutchy

Am I the only one that thinks Liam Rose has done/added absolutely nothing in his 2 games so far, barely touched the ball vs Sydney, and yesterday barely got involved, if Hutch played yesterday we would have won 100%!!!!

nebakke

Am I the only one that thinks Liam Rose has done/added absolutely nothing in his 2 games so far, barely touched the ball vs Sydney, and yesterday barely got involved, if Hutch played yesterday we would have won 100%!!!!

I think this is the thing, from my p.o.v.... I would have preferred to see Hutch play, but I don't think Liam Rose was a bad replacement. It felt fairly one-to-one, except for the Guts/Team-Spirit stakes. I think he'll be a decent replacement for Hutch... I also think that the natural position is not one that you'll often notice much unless they're playing brilliantly... It's more of the hard-working foundation of the team, than the Glorious goal-scoring end or the scary defensive area, so I have to admit I may not have noticed him enough...

midfielder

Fitzy and Chesty Bond aside ... we played well .. we are not the team that have four to six future Socceroos in the squad [Ryan, Jedi, Trent, Wilko add Olly, Rogic, Berinne, & Musty plus weeMac, ]

Until we have a wholesale clearance of players and arguably coaching staff we no longer can boast the best training facility take a look at Cities new developments with WSW, SFC & Roar all having similar plans... look at the other links associated with the youtube including a high school and university ... maybe the answer is a new owner I just wish Singo would take us over

style_cafe

I didn't go and didn't even watch due to family commitments.....can someone please let me know how we went.
From the 0.0 score line and apparently lucky draw according to fox, am I to conclude....
1. We were shit again.

Feedback please.

I`m not sure it was shit, it just wasn`t what we`ve grown accustomed too under Arnie.
Under Laurie we played some atrocious football with average players but we won because we had heart & the players were all pulling together.
Under Mossy this season there has been no improvement,no consistency & certainly no direction.
IMO it looks like Mossy gave up months ago when the foreign legion left.
It was then that he decided it was a re-building season & started to give the kids a go.

The other concern is the lack of consistency in selections.
We`ve seen Cernack have a blinder only to be dropped for some weeks.
Rose in & out.
Major getting a run only to be dumped out of the squad this week in favour of Bingham & so on.

Our only glimmer of hope to make the finals hinged on beating Newcastle, yet they killed us in the first 15 mins.
From 15 to 45 we had the majority of possession but they were getting shots on target with their counter attack whilst we rarely got a shot in.
The second half failed to rise to any great height & would have put a glass eye to sleep TBH.

The game basically petered out & in the end a scoreless draw was indicative of the game & both sides positions on the ladder.
Where we go to from here is up to MC. but it`s not going to happen for us by bringing in players who are not better than what we already have.

Roy Law

I agree. I thought he had the typical game of a promising 17 yr old talent; sometimes they sparkle but sometimes they look lost. He had no impact. I thought Moss would bring on Hutch but have to admit bringing on Bingham worked.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
SO, thats rooted Hutcho getting to the record first..Danny Vukovic is gonna beat him too it...nice one Mossy or Charlesworth or who FKN ever decided not too let Hutch on
havent seen a derby that dire for a while, that korean of there's is pretty good, he was everywhere
MoM was probably Posco for mine...with Fabio a close second
also, how empty was the toxic waste dump...you coulda thrown rocks and barely nicked anybody

AuzDutchy

I agree. I thought he had the typical game of a promising 17 yr old talent; sometimes they sparkle but sometimes they look lost. He had no impact. I thought Moss would bring on Hutch but have to admit bringing on Bingham worked.

bringing on Hutch would have worked 100% better because within 1 tackle he would have fired up the boys!!

maybe Moss was afraid Hutcho would have fired up the Scum just as much??

MrCelery

bringing on Hutch would have worked 100% better because within 1 tackle he would have fired up the boys!!

maybe Moss was afraid Hutcho would have fired up the Scum just as much??

Hutcho would have fired up the Scum to try and kick him. Meanwhile we could have gone on with the business and scored.

Mossy obviously hasn't heard of the 'Red Herring Play'.

Opportunity lost.

Garth

Moss is as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter, an ashtray on a motorcycle and has the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Chatted with him once and doubt I will waste my time doing it again! How low can that slimy Moss go Hutch last week really revving up Jets and what does the algae do, benches Hutch. You might have been Graham Arnold's assistant but you are clearly a fish out of water when it comes to true coaching ability!

Last edited:

sydmariner

Moss is as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter, an ashtray on a motorcycle and has the ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Chatted with him once and doubt I will waste my time doing it again! How low can that slimy Moss go Hutch last week really revving up Jets and what does the algae do, benches Hutch. You might have been Graham Arnold's assistant but you are clearly a fish out of water when it comes to true coaching ability!
FMD are you serious dawg

dibo

1. We were shit again.

Feedback please.
That's the same as you write when you do watch matches. Outstanding work. No feedback needed.

soccer mad

Ma
midfieldproject st: 206242 said:
Fitzy and Chesty Bond aside ... we played well .. we are not the team that have four to six future Socceroos in the squad [Ryan, Jedi, Trent, Wilko add Olly, Rogic, Berinne, & Musty plus weeMac, ]

Until we have a wholesale clearance of players and arguably coaching staff we no longer can boast the best training facility take a look at Cities new developments with WSW, SFC & Roar all having similar plans... look at the other links associated with the youtube including a high school and university ... maybe

Until we have a wholesale clearance of players and arguably coaching staff we no longer can boast the best training facility take a look at Cities new developments with WSW, SFC & Roar all having similar plans... look at the other links associated with the youtube including a high school and university ... maybe the answer is a new owner I just wish Singo would take us over

Now that's a facility. Let's hope Tuggerah can mimic that.

Big Al

Didn't think that call was too bad, to be honest. Liam Rose did alright and Bingham is a younger and faster... I reckon he would've been on in place of Bingham, had we been up.
Hutch tried every trick in the book to get on and it might even have been the plan but Mossy went for the win.
On 60 minutes starts taping his shin pads on. Long after Mossy goes Bingham for L Rose. This was when hutch prob thought it would be him.
Mossy went attacking on 1st sub then had to take Fabio on 2nd sub because he was cooked and is still easing towards 90 mins
Then On 80 mins Hutch sat on the ground and started stretching hey Mossy I'm ready. Mossy went Trifiro for Cernak.
It then became a matter of don't just put Hutch on for the sake of it and he didn't. Which went with the subs he made previous.
Gets chance to equal record at home against City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred