• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Cup 2015

sydmariner

OK, it's pretty obvious by now that you were lying about this. Not only did no one say such horrible things, you weren't even at the bloody game.

What on earth compels you to continually post rubbish? If I had my way, you'd be banned from this site.
i was at the game but can we pls get back on topic

Atomic

i was at the game but can we pls get back on topic
This is the topic. You posted some horrid shit about our beloved ex-players. Do us all a favour and just leave. Go an infect some other fan site and give us all a break from your nonsense.

Roy Law

The Pommie commentators on Eurosport *hate* us and are very disrespectful.
No they don't; Stuart Robson is very knowledgeable about the game. Just because he says things that aren't Aussie centric doesn't mean he hates us. They have praised Ryan, Spiranovic, Franjic, Luongo, Leckie and Cahill throughout the tournament.

nearlyyellow

Well, I'm *thrilled*. Well done boys and coaching staff. Congratulations. (I don't like Stuart Robson's style :p But now that it's over I won't be watching Eurosport again for a while I expect. ;) )

gull

Wow what a game! We certainly did it the hard way.

Well done to the whole team, and Ange in particular. Don't know how he got them mentally up again after the late goal, but he did a wonderful job.

What was with the Fox "commentators"? Could they have been any more negative? Sure South Korea were strong, but they were hardly pinning us back on our line for the whole match and had few shots.

We played well, but didn't get any credit until the result was obvious. Harper's been at it for the whole tournament. Clown.

nearlyyellow

What was with the Fox "commentators"?
It wasn't much better on Eurosport2! :-| "South Korea are bound to score" "They have the wealth of experience" Et-bloody-cetera. Stupid things they say. It's like they were paying homage to Korea and belittling Australia.
The only bright spot was near the end when we were 2-1 in a a slip of the tongue one of them said " Mariners were reigning AFC Champions and now Australia were going to be Champions of Asia by winning the Asian Cup". Nicely mistaken. And they didn't correct themselves. :rolleyes:

VicMariner

Great result! Take a while to sink in.
We have some good confidence going into the upcoming WC qualifiers and we have the 2017 Confederations Cup to look forward to.

Two players who really stood out for me over the tournament were Mass Luongo and Sainsbury. Solid to brilliant in every match. Both looked comfortable at this level and surely will be among the first names on any team sheet moving forward. I think both will move to bigger clubs and play at a higher level in the future.

Big Al

Fantastic game. Good crowd as well.

Trent and Spira were fantastic and the CB's now appear set for the next World Cup which is great. Four years to add experience to the blossoming partnership.

Sad seeing Bresch miss out and seemed pretty disappointed. Ange tried to apologies and he understood but was still cut. I'd like him to hang around though as mass could use his advise and the team still need him.

How good was massamo's goal. Great pass from Trent and fantastic touch turn and thump.

Trent was like the Trent we watched at mariners this tournament looks at home in green and gold. How good was the special on his old man before the game.

Juric looked a bit slow all game and his touch lost a lot of potential build ups then he shows the class and strength we know he has. I thought both juric and troisi weren't playing as well and then they team up for the winner.

Just a great game South Korea were very good and just as physical as us. Still don't know how it wasn't a foul for the foot on trends head before that goal.

Well done boys great effort to win at home with all that pressure.

midfielder

According to Telstra 700 million read correctly 700 million watched the final .... like f**king wow beyond wow ... wow to the power of wow ... given Telstra is a complete independent on the figures ... like wow wow wow 700 million ... f**k thats a big number...

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015...be-to-a-moment-in-australian-football-history

An estimated 700 million viewers worldwide tuned in on Saturday night to witness a historical win for the Socceroos at ANZ Stadium. Do you know how millions of people from across the globe were able to see Korea level the score in the 91st minute?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami