• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Cup 2015

Atomic

If you think that was bad I was at the game in the active bay & these scum c**ts kept shouting out f**k off you gypo scum every time Ryan, Jedi & tesco touched the ball & when he scored:mad::soapbox::naughty:
BULLSHIT sydmariner. I just got home from the game and no such thing happened.

Atomic

were you standing on the hill in the active area
Yes… were you? Perhaps you can tell me what the call and response was.

I gave up a $100 undercover seat in the stand to stand in the rain with a couple of mates at the southern end.

The atmosphere was absolutely dire. The crowd were willing but it was as though nobody knew what to do. For the most part, people just sat there. There were times it was embarrassing. It wasn't helped by the performance of the Socceroos.

sydmariner

Yes… were you? Perhaps you can tell me what the call and response was.

I gave up a $100 undercover seat in the stand to stand in the rain with a couple of mates at the southern end.

The atmosphere was absolutely dire. The crowd were willing but it was as though nobody knew what to do. For the most part, people just sat there. There were times it was embarrassing. It wasn't helped by the performance of the Socceroos.
I must've been the only one who heard it

VicMariner

After the second goal they just coasted. 2nd half at any rate.

With all the talk of attacking football I don't think Ange would be happy with that performance. If they are going to sit back with two goal leads they are going to get stung sooner or later. It's just begging the opposition to get back into the game.

Atomic

You might have been thrilled with the Socceroos performance, but I wasn't... not from the 20 min mark onwards at least. Perhaps it was a combination of what I was watching on the pitch, the rain and the crowd.

I love Jedi to death, but his passing :headbutt:... it was bordering on diabolical. Having said that, he improved 1000% on the China game. Without any racial intent at all... does Jedi's game not suit Asian opponents? He hasn't had a very good tournament at all in my opinion.

I was extremely please with Tesco and Spira. I can see that pair taking us well into the future. Big ups for Ange on that one. And of course Maty is a peach! Poor old Timmy Cahill was used as a jungle gym by the UAE defenders. I guess he's used to that sort of attention, but it's the first time I've seen it in real life and it was quite frustrating. Reminded me of the sort of attention Aloisi used to get when he was on our books.

But basically, I thought our passing was sloppy, decision making too slow, movement off the ball was lazy and the attack in the final thrid was below par. Our defence was good but we played a dangerous game in the second half, allowing the UAE too much opportunity to attack.

I guess 2-nil score lines just make me paranoid :vhappy:

yellowcake

I doubt it would've been loud enough to come across on the TV
May not catch him out. My son had heard it on TV, having participated in same in Brazil.

From where I was, there is no doubt that Sains, Maty and Jedi are now lauded in Newcastle as Socceroo heroes. Their A-League origin is just a source of my pride.

I also thought the atmosphere was like a mortuary. Couldn't understand that as the likelyhood of seeing the NT, ever but particularly playing a game with a significant outcome, in such in intimate atmosphere, (me 7 rows back from Luongo taking corners). It was special but it could have been awesome. The sense of occasion and atmosphere was much better at the Sydney semi (the Newcastle Pack Plus is doing me well!) On to Saturday.

All in all I think last night was just about the result and they were confident that they could coast from 2-0. Maybe it was the rain, maybe the stadium, maybe the crowd. Jedi was better than against China. I would definitely have given Trent MOM.

nearlyyellow

You might have been thrilled with the Socceroos performance
I was too busy looking at the scorecard to be thrilled by anything other than the scorecard which I was thrilled about. Did I tell you how thrilled I was with the result. 2 NIL, a thrillingly good result by the Socceroos. :cheers:
A quote from some famous old bloke from a few years ago, he said: "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results". Some truth there, I think. :)
I guess 2-nil score lines just make me paranoid :vhappy:
Hmmm, yes, maybe. Only you and your doctor would know that. ;)

(Apart from being thrilled with the scorecard I must admit that I *did* watch the clock a bit, well, perhaps a lot, early in the second, but by the 75th. minute I was feeling comfortable enough to resume being thrilled. :p )

nearlyyellow

I don't think Ange would be happy with that performance
He did look a bit low key in his congratulatory handshakes after the final whistle, didn't he. I wonder what the flies on the wall in the dressing room heard. (I presume that there are plenty of flies up there. Probably goes with the jests territory.)

Atomic

I was too busy looking at the scorecard to be thrilled by anything other than the scorecard which I was thrilled about. Did I tell you how thrilled I was with the result. 2 NIL, a thrillingly good result by the Socceroos. :cheers:
A quote from some famous old bloke from a few years ago, he said: "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results". Some truth there, I think. :)
Yes, quite correct. A win's a win. I said to the Old Girl as we were leaving, that this would've been a very difficult game for the Socceroos. A semi final in any competition is tough, especially when you've got so much expected of you and everything to loose, and playing a aginst a side that has nothing to loose... and one of the best players in the tournament. Well navigated, Socceroos :)

On a side note, the organisation was brilliant. We drove to Wallsend, parked the car, jumped straight on a bus and into the stadium 20 minutes later. After the match, back onto another bus waiting outside the gate and we were having a cheeseburger at Maccas, Wallsend, 20 minutes later. Well done organisers! :thumbup:

MrCelery

I also thought the atmosphere was like a mortuary. Couldn't understand that as the likelyhood of seeing the NT, ever but particularly playing a game with a significant outcome, in such in intimate atmosphere, (me 7 rows back from Luongo taking corners). It was special but it could have been awesome.

snip

I would definitely have given Trent MOM.

Totally agree. I was shocked at the deathly silence from the crowd for much of the game. The northern hill tried their best, but largely sang unknown chants not likely to engage the stands. I guess important matches like this attract 'bandwaggoners' who only go to a football game on rare occasions. I was horrified by the number of people wearing Newcastle Knights jackets and shirts. WTF????

7K at CCM games in Gosford create more atmosphere than this Newcastle mausoleum.

Also agree with Trent as MOM. Not so much for his goal (although hes been promising to do that for a few games now - shades of Patrick Z!), but that tackle in the box towards the end of the game was world class. So happy to see him doing so well and with such modesty. Huge future beckons.

sydmariner

Tell me what the call and response was and then I'll believe you were there (I doubt it would've been loud enough to come across on the TV). If not, I'll have to agree with dibo...
it was not loud enough to come across it was only about 4 or 5 scummers & when most of the crowd on the hill was chanting the chant's they were saying it among themselves but i heard them booing ryan & saying that stuff that i mentioned before

Atomic

it was not loud enough to come across it was only about 4 or 5 scummers & when most of the crowd on the hill was chanting the chant's they were saying it among themselves but i heard them booing ryan & saying that stuff that i mentioned before
You misunderstood my question… The southern end were chanting something and the Eastern stand were responding. What was the chant?

Atomic

If you think that was bad I was at the game in the active bay & these scum c**ts kept saying out f**k off you gypo scum every time Ryan, Jedi & tesco touched the ball & when he scored:mad::soapbox::naughty:
OK, it's pretty obvious by now that you were lying about this. Not only did no one say such horrible things, you weren't even at the bloody game.

What on earth compels you to continually post rubbish? If I had my way, you'd be banned from this site.

Big Al

I love Jedi to death, but his passing :headbutt:... it was bordering on diabolical. Having said that, he improved 1000% on the China game. Without any racial intent at all... does Jedi's game not suit Asian opponents? He hasn't had a very good tournament at all in my opinion.
IMO Jedi doesn't suit the Socceroos. Has not played many good games for them IMO. Played well first game.

Jedi suits a slower more physical team and opponent IMO.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred