• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Ferreira bound for Mariners

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Gentlemans agreement strikes again....what a stupid thing to have to implement

eenfish

Adelaide having a whinge at the FFA for not being clear whether they are going to allow 4 or 5 visa spots next year, so they didn't offer him an extension. Allegedly wanted to keep him.

VicMariner

Adelaide having a whinge at the FFA for not being clear whether they are going to allow 4 or 5 visa spots next year, so they didn't offer him an extension. Allegedly wanted to keep him.
Yet strange they instantly have a foreign replacement. Why not just extend Ferreira's contract? I don't get it.

Capt. Awesome

Yet strange they instantly have a foreign replacement. Why not just extend Ferreira's contract? I don't get it.
Adelaide after signing the new Spanish player have 4 visa players. If the kept Fabio they would have 5 which could potentially cause a rule breach if the FFA change the visa allocation to 4

VicMariner

Adelaide after signing the new Spanish player have 4 visa players. If the kept Fabio they would have 5 which could potentially cause a rule breach if the FFA change the visa allocation to 4
I read somewhere that AU held off letting FF go until they signed this new Spanish player. Still occupies a visa spot.

localpom

Seb Hassett on twitter....lets hope he's right!

Fabio Ferreira joins @CCMariners . Great signing. Gets behind opposition - which CCM haven't done this year. Duke, Simon, Fitz will love it

dibo

Don't. If we made an agreement and shook hands over it, then stick by it.

We don't want to be the one saying "oh, but we had our fingers crossed", etc.

They're not uncommon in other parts of the world WRT loans, and an early release to go to a new club is essentially a loan.

Anyone remember if Fitzy played against Brisbane after his early release?

adz

Staff member
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...-roar-v-mariners/story-e6frfg8x-1226564575621

FORMER Roar forward Nick Fitzgerald has been denied the chance to take on his old club on Friday night after a "gentlemen's agreement" was struck between Brisbane and Central Coast.

The Roar last week allowed Fitzgerald - whose two-year deal with the Mariners was due to start next season - to join the Gosford-based club with immediate effect.

The 20-year-old attacker was a second-half substitute for the Mariners in their 3-1 home win over Adelaide United last Friday, and played a key role in Central Coast's third goal.

But because of a stipulation in his early release from the Roar, Fitzgerald will be cooling his heels this week when the top-of-the-table Mariners visit Suncorp Stadium.

"It was an amicable decision between both parties ... a gentlemen's agreement," Mariners coach Graham Arnold told The Courier-Mail yesterday.

"The kid's fine about it.

"It's good that Brisbane released him so quickly and that we could get him registered in time for last Friday night's game.

"It's about the long-term with Fitzy and the long-term is the next two years after this season, the Asian Champions League and the rest of the season."

But Arnold said Fitzgerald would be available when the Mariners hosted Brisbane in the round 25, March 17 clash at Bluetongue Stadium.

"I'm sure this agreement is only for this one game," Arnold said.

The Mariners coach said Fitzgerald was still likely to fly to Brisbane with the Mariners squad this week to finalise his relocation.

"He came down here in one day, so he'll probably fly back up there with us to clean up all of his stuff," Arnold said.

Central Coast will be boosted by the availability of defender Trent Sainsbury, who missed the win over Adelaide because of suspension, and former Socceroos attacker Mile Sterjovski, who was rested last week.

The Roar remain hopeful that new loan signing Stef Nijland will be available for the clash despite the Dutch attacker not arriving in Australia until tomorrow morning.

Roar coach Mike Mulvey said Nijland would complement star Brisbane striker Besart Berisha, who returns this week after serving a one-match suspension.

Meanwhile, the Roar will donate all profits from general tickets sales for Friday night's game to the Red Cross Queensland Floods Appeal.

nebakke

Anyone remember if Fitzy played against Brisbane after his early release?

I do and he didn't... I can't remember if it was the game before or the game after, but I think he came on in an Adelaide game after Dukey had run roughshot over them for a bit, they looked good and fast together, so it was a little frustrating that he couldn't play Brisbane ;)

Edit: Oh - Memory beaten by the Herald Sun :(

MagpieMariner

It's a pity, but I don't have a problem with it. Had we not agreed, they may not have released him to us and we might have lost him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred