• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V AU Rd 7

localpom

honestly i thought a number of players had great games (or a great first 40 mins), they worked hard, pulled off some excellent pieces of work and were very positive.
it lacked at the back but that we were playing adelaide, the best attacking side in the comp imo.

problem was 2-fold - firstly, despite the good individual work it didn't gel so well as a team primarily in the final third. second was the lack of cohesion that appeared after the goals, we lost what we had up until then. in some ways i'm impressed we didn't concede again

it's funny 'cause there's a lot to be concerned over, but a lot to be pleased about in the areas we are doing well
Agreed GrA. Individually i didn't think anyone was that bad, we just switch off defensively for a while every game and lack a cutting edge up front. What is obvious to me is that those are the 2 areas where we need squad improvements. One quality CB and a quality forward and we are a different team.

Roy Law

Generally I love reading your analysis of the game but take issue on some points from your latest report.

Whatever is happening in the dressing room is one thing but that loss or "killing off any chance of a comeback"cannot be blamed on Moss. The team has to put their hand up for that one. Although the first goal was unlucky and against the run of play, as others have already said the second is some of the worst defending we have ever seen from a Mariners team. As unpalatable as its is, someone has to take one for the team, cop the yellow, and bring him down. No team in the A-league would have let that happen. The second half we didn't really look like threatening their goal.

Heaven help us if Duke is the most likely to score. He has not looked like scoring this year, his only goal was a shank off the shin and he has had plenty of chances. He has lost all confidence and deserved to be replaced. I don't think he should even be in our starting 11. Although I was skeptical about Cernak when he first arrived and in his early days with us, he has looked a much better player than Duke 2014 (not the old Duke 2012-2013). Too many fans are nostalgic about the old Duke, there is nothing to be excited about today's Duke. Cernak has looked far more likely to score than Duke with much less game time and he is far more likely to set someone up than Duke is who rarely gets his head up.
More than happy for people to disagree with me; the wife does it all the time ;)

Roy Law

Generally I love reading your analysis of the game but take issue on some points from your latest report.

Whatever is happening in the dressing room is one thing but that loss or "killing off any chance of a comeback"cannot be blamed on Moss. The team has to put their hand up for that one. Although the first goal was unlucky and against the run of play, as others have already said the second is some of the worst defending we have ever seen from a Mariners team. As unpalatable as its is, someone has to take one for the team, cop the yellow, and bring him down. No team in the A-league would have let that happen. The second half we didn't really look like threatening their goal.

Heaven help us if Duke is the most likely to score. He has not looked like scoring this year, his only goal was a shank off the shin and he has had plenty of chances. He has lost all confidence and deserved to be replaced. I don't think he should even be in our starting 11. Although I was skeptical about Cernak when he first arrived and in his early days with us, he has looked a much better player than Duke 2014 (not the old Duke 2012-2013). Too many fans are nostalgic about the old Duke, there is nothing to be excited about today's Duke. Cernak has looked far more likely to score than Duke with much less game time and he is far more likely to set someone up than Duke is who rarely gets his head up.
I am not saying Duke will ever score again but he is the one getting into position to do so, every game. I am not nostalgic about him, he has never brought his NYL exploits to the first team, but in the absence of any other front man he remains the most likely to score. I have nothing against Cernak, who has pleasantly surprised me, but he does not play up front. I think Moss's decision at half time deflated the team. He sent them out with no front men when old timers like me think there should have been two; they had no one to give the ball to upfront. As you say we didn't look like threatening their goal.
Nothing unpalatable about copping one for the team; Monty would definitely have brought down Elrich, but was already on a (soft) yellow.

Roy Law

I thought we looked fantastic for about half an hour, then what the hell happened? Christmas came early for adelade, the mariners gifting 2 goals in 2 minutes. Not coming back from that without Matt simon!

Anyone at home get a good read on the non- pens? (Neal tackle, caceres sandwich, adelade hand ball)
I thought the tackle on Neil was fair.
On another day Boogard would have conceded a penalty for monstering Caceres, but this wasn't the Mariners' day.
I don't recall the handball but I think most handballs aren't deliberate, and are not penalties, but have often seen them given.

Wombat

They are always balanced but often unpalatable.

I once sent my own son off against Terrigal. Harsh but needed to be done.....even Terrigal players don't deserve to be rag-dolled.

It's time for us to be a little harsh as the season is almost out of reach already.

Thank you for your appraisal Nearly Yellow......you Plum.

Wombat

It's not half empty my friend as you well know.;)

I don't like being the only forthright person on here (apart from the IRA looking dude) but it's important someone tells the truth to balance out all the waffle and blind adoration.

We are in trouble and to me it was obvious we were going to be after watching the pre-season games.

Everyone on here can pick a better 11 than we have been sending out......but we don't have the baggage of being so close to the players.

dibo

Again with the assumption you're the only one who is forthright and tells the truth.

I hope you didn't put your back out, putting yourself up on your pedestal.

Wombat

Again with the assumption you're the only one who is forthright and tells the truth.

I hope you didn't put your back out, putting yourself up on your pedestal.

Pat Jennings, Gull and Roy always post the truth as they see it and their posts are almost always spot on IMHO.
Everyone else, you included ( and at times I have A LOT of respect for the posts you write) are too close to the club or the individual players to truly write what needs to be said.

Some people are just too nice and optimistic (local pom and FP) to tell it like it is.

So for now I will play the pantomime villain.

Wombat

Interesting.
I'd suggest there is a lot of that taking place here without me.
Anyways put your yellow blindfold on and dream of Hutcho and I'm sure we will be top of the table and scoring goals when you wake up in the morning.

pjennings

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...xplains-his-spat/story-fn63e0vj-1227134888581

Central Coast Mariners veteran John Hutchinson explains his spat

CENTRAL Coast captain John Hutchinson says passion and frustration led to his out of character verbal sideline spat with goalkeeping coach John Crawley during the 2-0 loss to Adelaide United last Sunday.
The Mariners captain, a 10-year foundation player at the club, admitted he was disappointed with his behaviour, which saw him and Crawley exchange words on the bench after Hutchinson was substituted during the second half.
Hutchinson had to be held back by a teammate before walking around the bench and being given permission by coach Phil Moss to go straight to the dressing room to have a shower instead of watching the rest of the match.
Speaking for the first time about the incident, the veteran midfielder, a fierce competitor renowned for his combativeness, admitted he was wrong to air his anger in front of the fans and was quick to refute some reports of dissension in the Mariners camp.
“It was one of those heat of the moment things that happen in football,” Hutchinson told The Australian. “It was disappointing.
“It was about frustration and passion.
“JC (Crawley) and I have known each other for 13 or 14 years. It was JC who picked me up at the airport the other week after I missed the plane following the Melbourne City game and had to stay overnight because I was drug tested.
“Sunday was probably the 100th run in we have had. We are both passionate and very competitive. We don’t like losing.
“He said something I didn’t like and I said something he didn’t like, but it would have been better to take it away from the public eye.”
Hutchinson, 34, said he needed to get to the showers rather than sit on the bench for the remainder of the match so that the situation did not escalate.
“It was just a situation to get myself out of doing something silly and JC doing something silly,” he added. “The thing is, we sorted it all out in the dressing room after the match.
“I apologised to JC, he apologised to me, we shook hands and hugged it out. We then started to dissect the game and what went right and what went wrong.
“Mossy made his feelings known. He did not like things being aired publicly, and he is right. We are all moving on now.”
Hutchinson, who has represented Malta 11 times at international level, was quick to hit out at talk that there has been trouble in the Mariners dressing room this season.
“People can think what they want. I know Sunday wasn’t a good look but I can tell you, the change room is a happy place. Everyone is behind each other 100 per cent,” he said.
“It is sad that people want to lay the boot into the club, but I guess we are used to that. We have had to punch above our weight since the A-League started 10 years ago and have achieved great success against the odds.
“Yeah, things are tough results-wise at the moment and I guess people are expecting success. But, we are trying our hardest.”
Hutchinson said he is confident the Mariners can turn their season around. They have managed just a win and two draws in their opening seven games.
“The boys believe. We know we can turn it around,” he said. “There have been some very good signs in our last couple of games.
“We did very well against the Wanderers midweek then had a great 40 minutes against Adelaide only to leak two goals right before half time.
“You can be certain we will continue to work hard and to fight.
“There is still a lot of time in the season and I am confident we can make the top six.”

nearlyyellow

It's not half empty my friend as you well know.;)

I don't like being the only forthright person on here (apart from the IRA looking dude) but it's important someone tells the truth to balance out all the waffle and blind adoration.

We are in trouble and to me it was obvious we were going to be after watching the pre-season games.

Everyone on here can pick a better 11 than we have been sending out......but we don't have the baggage of being so close to the players.
Nothing wrong with the glass being empty either, most times, as long as you continue to be only forthright. :)
For me, only a newbie, I'm prepared to support my local football team in whatsoever way I can, and I am always very interested to read all other opinions and views on teams, performances etc. I'm glad I found this forum for that reason.
On with the season, COYY :shoutclap:

Ancient Mariner

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...xplains-his-spat/story-fn63e0vj-1227134888581

Central Coast Mariners veteran John Hutchinson explains his spat

CENTRAL Coast captain John Hutchinson says passion and frustration led to his out of character verbal sideline spat with goalkeeping coach John Crawley during the 2-0 loss to Adelaide United last Sunday.
The Mariners captain, a 10-year foundation player at the club, admitted he was disappointed with his behaviour, which saw him and Crawley exchange words on the bench after Hutchinson was substituted during the second half.
Hutchinson had to be held back by a teammate before walking around the bench and being given permission by coach Phil Moss to go straight to the dressing room to have a shower instead of watching the rest of the match.
Speaking for the first time about the incident, the veteran midfielder, a fierce competitor renowned for his combativeness, admitted he was wrong to air his anger in front of the fans and was quick to refute some reports of dissension in the Mariners camp.
“It was one of those heat of the moment things that happen in football,” Hutchinson told The Australian. “It was disappointing.
“It was about frustration and passion.
“JC (Crawley) and I have known each other for 13 or 14 years. It was JC who picked me up at the airport the other week after I missed the plane following the Melbourne City game and had to stay overnight because I was drug tested.
“Sunday was probably the 100th run in we have had. We are both passionate and very competitive. We don’t like losing.
“He said something I didn’t like and I said something he didn’t like, but it would have been better to take it away from the public eye.”
Hutchinson, 34, said he needed to get to the showers rather than sit on the bench for the remainder of the match so that the situation did not escalate.
“It was just a situation to get myself out of doing something silly and JC doing something silly,” he added. “The thing is, we sorted it all out in the dressing room after the match.
“I apologised to JC, he apologised to me, we shook hands and hugged it out. We then started to dissect the game and what went right and what went wrong.
“Mossy made his feelings known. He did not like things being aired publicly, and he is right. We are all moving on now.”
Hutchinson, who has represented Malta 11 times at international level, was quick to hit out at talk that there has been trouble in the Mariners dressing room this season.
“People can think what they want. I know Sunday wasn’t a good look but I can tell you, the change room is a happy place. Everyone is behind each other 100 per cent,” he said.
“It is sad that people want to lay the boot into the club, but I guess we are used to that. We have had to punch above our weight since the A-League started 10 years ago and have achieved great success against the odds.
“Yeah, things are tough results-wise at the moment and I guess people are expecting success. But, we are trying our hardest.”
Hutchinson said he is confident the Mariners can turn their season around. They have managed just a win and two draws in their opening seven games.
“The boys believe. We know we can turn it around,” he said. “There have been some very good signs in our last couple of games.
“We did very well against the Wanderers midweek then had a great 40 minutes against Adelaide only to leak two goals right before half time.
“You can be certain we will continue to work hard and to fight.
“There is still a lot of time in the season and I am confident we can make the top six.”

Sorry guys for the earlier misinformation. I knew it wasn't Moss that Hutch had the blue with and was pretty sure it was Bosnar.

Will get new specs this week.

Wombat

Dear Wombat, you come across to me as one of those opinion makers that likes to pick on a player and insist on writing negative comments about them regardless of how well they’ve done. Your dislike for Hutch as a footballer is obvious and well known to this forum. Tbh, I don't rate him either as a footballer but the difference between you and I, is admitting that the guy has performed well so far this season comparing to previous ones.
I do agree with some of your comments but the one regarding Caceres is unfair, unrealistic and it makes me wonder about your football knowledge as a fan. Too lazy ? Lackadaisical? You surely were under the influence of an illegal or legal substance. Were you at BT ? I doubt it. Imo and from where I was sitting, the youngster was everywhere. He ran his butt off. There was a moment, (especially after mont was sent off) that he was playing as a 6, 8, 10 and even as a striker. He was the only one applying pressure to their defense, he tackled, never lost the ball or missed a pass, created a penalty when he beautifully chested the ball inside the box and was brutally fouled by two defenders ( to my amazement no one here makes mention of it). Imo, Cass was mom due to his work rate for the whole 90 mins plus he was the only player ( both v wsw & au ) that kept ball possession and distributes it properly. Can’t expect players of his ability to deliver when he doesn’t get supplied in a decent manner. Every time cass or our attackers get the ball is because they drop and fight for it. It must be frustrating for a ball player to play for the mariners at present.

Reddy: 4. Awful. Totally responsible for the first goal.
Storm : 5. Picks wrong options.
Ando: 5.5 for the last 10 mins
Rose : 6. Our best defender.
Neill : Good going forward. Needs to pause and think. Defensively too innocent still.
Sim: 4. Bench.
Hutch : 5. Still better than last season
Monty: 6 for heart, 4 for football. Red card very unfair.
Caceres: 7.5. Pushed forward, always trying to play football and his work rate was tremendous.
Fitzy : 5. Still not the same as last season
Duke: 4.5 Poor display. Bad on the ball and not the usual intensity.

Vernes : 5.5 A couple of good things.
Trifiro : 5 Bad free kick. Not much else.
Moss: Not to blame for the poor team effort. He fielded the best and fittest players available. Maybe should have replaced Sim and Hutch much earlier.
Referee : - 100 Disgraceful. A f**king incompetent wanker. The refs are not helping to improve our game.

Good post. Please continue to post like this. Many people that can't get to the games rely on us for an opinion and it's great to get a knew one.
Btw.....last season Hutcho averaged a 4 and this season it's a 6 so while I still would not be starting him I can see that he has done a decent job this season.

tsd

Some people are just too nice and optimistic (local pom and FP) to tell it like it is.

So for now I will play the pantomime villain.

Wombat used to drive me crazy for years, until I grew an appreciation for him! After all, It wouldn't be christmas without the grinch!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami