• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V AU Rd 7

gull

To enter an observation here:

I think what tends to happen in this particular argument is this.
a) Hutch plays games and has on games and off games like many players. being captain it's true he may get a little more leeway for his poorer games than others might.

b) sometimes due to the tactical role he HAS to play in certain games he looks like he's had a poor game when in truth he's had a very good game* (see below)

c) resulting in people seeing him as having a disproportionate number of poor performances when in reality it's a perception and not a reality thing

d) Hutch cops a hard wrap for doing the dirty work and Dibo tries to put the perception right, then it's framed as being Hutch-biased

* on Hutch's role. in a number of games, especially against certain opposition or when we're playing in a particular way, it is Hutch's specific tactical role to 'steady the ship'. he recovers or receives the ball with the team out of shape and decides whether to attack or stall. attacking out of shape could lead to a wasted attack or lead to a turnover and goal.

keep in mind our coaches of the past four years have had one doctrine - structure and shape before all else!

this is where his side or backward passes occur. if the team isn't in shape it's Hutch's job, and I'd put a lot of money on it being DRILLED into him by the coach, that he is to hold and pass in a way to allow the team to recover its famous Mariners discipline in shape.
he does this, steadies the ship before the next attack, but has to pass sideways or backwards to do so (you see him put out his hands to the players in front when he does so telling them to get into position). to the Joe in the crowd it looks like this "we're not on top of the game and there goes Hutch passing the ball backwards or sideways AGAIN" then he gets reviewed poorly for playing negatively.
in a LOT of these games it was his specific job to do that and he's done it quite well with no credit for it (apart from Dibo who has recognised it)

if you don't like Hutch's role in the team take it up with the coach - but be prepared to have finishing in the top 2 or 3, 4 years in a row, a championship and a premiership thrown back in your face.

please re-read points a) - d)

I understand his role in the team, and I love how he plays, but calling a spade a spade he isn't up to his usual form this year. He gives the ball away too many times and puts our defence under more pressure than necessary.

As a leader in a young team he needs to be playing at his best, and show the way forward. We've seen him drop form previously and get it back, and I expect him to do so again.

Believe me I'm scared about agreeing with Wombat, but I feel he is correct at the moment - no offence intended Wombat ;).

neverwozza

^^ I also feel he has hesitated too much in transition and this season and we have lost a little bit of momentum going forward becuase of that. I think Mooy used to cop it off poppa for the exact same thing in his last season at WSW.

midfielder

from the clubs web page...

NEWS: New devices help Mariners recover faster

Central Coast Mariners will play their fifth game in just 14 days when the Club hosts Adelaide United in Hyundai A-League action on the banks of the Brisbane Water on Sunday afternoon.
The Club’s busy schedule over the past fortnight has meant that the team’s senior first team physiotherapist, Andrew Nealon, has been working overtime to ensure that head coach Phil Moss has had as many players as possible fit and available for match selection.

But the experienced Nealon – formerly a physiotherapist at Barclays Premier League heavyweights Liverpool FC – has also been making use of some of the latest technology in the world of athlete tissue recovery in his bid to push players back to their physical peak between fixtures.

Nealon has been treating a range of players with portable devices developed by Australian-owned company Bodyflow International which have been proven to speed up rehabilitation and recovery times.

The devices are routinely used by Lymphoedema practitioners seeking to reduce swelling and alleviate pain for their patients, but are now gaining the favour of some global sporting heavyweights as they aim to keep their prized assets performing.

“Teams from the English Premier League, NBA and NFL are using Bodyflow Therapy devices,” Nealon explained. “Closer to home there are Clubs in the NRL and AFL utilising the technology, though at the moment we are the only Hyundai A-League Club with the devices.”

“Over the past few months the devices have become a key part of our post-match recovery protocol for players playing a high number of minutes, but it’s over the past two weeks that we’ve really seen the benefits.”

“With the short turnarounds between the games that we’ve had, we’ve seen players with swelling from knocks or injury, and especially post match muscle soreness, recover much more quickly,” he said.

Like all Hyundai A-League clubs, Central Coast Mariners have a busy festive period packed with games.

Nealon believes that the devices will be useful during this time, as well as should the Club – as is hoped – conquer its 2015 AFC Champions League Qualifying opponent to earn a spot in the Group Stage of Asia’s most prestigious club competition for a fourth consecutive year.

“The AFC Champions League is the perfect example of how Bodyflow’s portable devices can be used,” Nealon said. “They can be utilised during travel, meaning players on long-haul flights will arrive at their next match destination fresher than they otherwise may have.”

“This should assist the performance of our players against some of Asia’s best, particular when we’re playing away from home just two or three days after playing in the Hyundai A-League,” he concluded.

Central Coast Mariners attacker Mitchell Duke has played 349 of a possible 360 match minutes over the last fortnight, producing robust, hard-working display against Perth Glory, Adelaide United [Westfield FFA Cup], Melbourne City, and Western Sydney Wanderers.

The dynamic attacker is likely to feature again on Sunday against Adelaide United, and says he’s felt a difference in his body after using Bodyflow’s portable machines.

“I definitely think it helps recovery,” Duke said. “I have attached it to my muscles everywhere from my waist down and I have felt a lot less sore the day after each match.”

“It’s also quite a relaxing process even while the machine is on – it sooths the muscles and I wake up a lot fresher.”

“I have never played this amount of minutes so quickly in my career, so I feel it has helped me a lot,” Duke concluded.

Read more at http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...642kzg4g8aur18a7j4hauulaf#xOmAVe19UPzsp5WY.99

nearlyyellow

MATCH DETAILS

Sunday, 23 November 2014

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off: 5pm (Local), (5pm AEDST)

SQUADS

Central Coast Mariners 1. Matt NASH (Gk), 2. Storm ROUX, 3. Josh ROSE, 4. Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5. Zac ANDERSON, 7. John HUTCHINSON (C), 8. Nick MONTGOMERY, 9. Mitchell DUKE, 10. Anthony CACERES, 11. Nick FITZGERALD, 12. Liam REDDY (Gk), 15. Matt SIM, 17. Richard VERNES, 18. Glen TRIFIRO, 21. Michael NEILL, 23. Isaka CERNAK, 25. Eddy BOSNAR, 26. KIM Seung-yong

***two to be omitted***

Ins 2. Storm ROUX (returns from international duty), 26. KIM Seung-yong (promoted)

Outs Nil

Unavailable 6. Brent GRIFFITHS (injury – indefinite), 19. Matt SIMON (injury – 2 weeks)

Adelaide United 1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (c) (GK), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.Nigel BOOGAARD, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Osama MALIK, 7.Pablo SÁNCHEZ, 8.ISAÍAS, 9.Sergio CIRIO, 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA, 14.Cameron WATSON, 16.Craig GOODWIN, 17.Awer MABIL, 18.Jimmy JEGGO, 20.Paul IZZO (GK), 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Fabio FERREIRA, 24.Bruce KAMAU, 32.Nathan KOSTANDOPOULOS

***two to be omitted***

Ins 14.Cameron WATSON (promoted), 32.Nathan KOSTANDOPOULOS (promoted)

Outs Nil

Unavailable 11.Bruce DJITE (quad – 1 week), 15.Ben WARLAND (ankle – 1-2 weeks), 23.Jordan ELSEY (knee – indefinite)

Hashtag #CCMvADL

TV Broadcast - Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 (FOX SPORTS 4HD & 4) from 4.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand)

Radio - ABC Grandstand Online/ABC Radio Mobile phone app

Referee Jarred Gillett

Assistant Referee 1 David Walsh

Assistant Referee 2 Andrej Giev

Fourth Official Adam Gehrig

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...5y5cr56jgnh41pnwdmlmd46gc#0cdGFTIpidPB7qzp.99

nearlyyellow

It's so hot today if we don't get seats over in bay 2 we'll have to leave the ground and watch in the club. My wife suffers terribly in the heat so the Western stands are the only option today. Even then it's going to be fearsomely hot. I hope they have all the cooling stuff available for the players. It's on days like this there should be a different consideration given for preventing the players from suffering heat stress. I feel for them. A-League in summer has financial advantages but it's a some risk to players and fans. COYY

nearlyyellow

Who's going to miss out today? Sim? The new boys, Poscoliero and Neill? Kim? Bosnar? Roux, because he's been away on International duty and missed CCM training and game time? Who?

style_cafe

On days like today the western stand should be made available to all fans....... members especially!!!!
It makes no sense to have loyal fans being burnt to crisp

Last edited:

tsd

On days like today the western stand should be made available to all fans....... members especially!!!!
It makes no sense to have loyal fans being burnt to crisp
The western stand is available to all fans, for a small fee of course... :innocent:

Capt. Awesome

Yeah the temp has peaked. Bom predicted wind would come from the NW but has been a south Easter all day keeping the temp down.

nearlyyellow

Yeah the temp has peaked. Bom predicted wind would come from the NW but has been a south Easter all day keeping the temp down.
Hope it keeps up and can overcome the NW. It's still baking hot out in the sun. btw BOM says Mangrove Mtn. currently at 40+ with a NW of 15 kmh while the sea breeze at Gossy is 17 kmh and we're at 29

Gratis

double sucker punch.

happy to say we've been the better team first half. as soon as we start being able to put a few away we'll be a very good team. and we REALLY have to stop leaking unnecessary goals (AU did have a bit if luck in there, especially the deflection on the way in for the second)

Gratis

also the weather ended up being near ideal - quite happy to sit in the rain when it drops

Gratis

F
Stuck at work today - cant find a decent stream yet, - anyone able to help?
the boys are challenging for every ball and usually winning. passing has been good and had a number of near chances, and a legitimate penalty call not given for Fitzy (I think) being taken down in the box.
Adelaide kept to basically no chances and rarely getting into our box. until the double sucker punch (2 goals in 3 minutes)

shipwreck

Uh oh..... Hutchinson and Moss re done, I've never once seen Hutch storm to change rooms after being subbed....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred