• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Qatar might lose 2022 WC

VicMariner

It is getting heavy.
Qatar are in danger
It's almost got to the point where exposing Qatari corruption would give FIFA a way out. They might drop the bid team in it. That would give them a reason to move the host, but some of their own will fall and they'll have wealthy Qatar as enemies. I can't see a way out.
The corrupt **** have really got themselves in it.
Heads are going to roll.

I couldn't find a '22 WC thread. (next five posts will be links to dozens of them)

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Doubt FIFA will act, they would have to give the money back.....

More likely scenario is star players refusing to go and play in support of slave workers.

sydmariner

It is getting heavy.
Qatar are in danger
It's almost got to the point where exposing Qatari corruption would give FIFA a way out. They might drop the bid team in it. That would give them a reason to move the host, but some of their own will fall and they'll have wealthy Qatar as enemies. I can't see a way out.
The corrupt **** have really got themselves in it.
Heads are going to roll.

I couldn't find a '22 WC thread. (next five posts will be links to dozens of them)
As long as sepp bladder is incharge that'll never happen

eenfish

Qatar should have had the thing taken off them as soon as Amnesty confirmed all the bad stuff the Guardian investigation brought up.

VicMariner

sydmariner said:
So do u suggest that we (oz) host the cup then keep dreaming
Like I said in the OP, I can't see what FIFA can do.
If I had to make a guess though I'd say when 2022 rolls around the USA will be hosts.

dibo

In all seriousness, I think USA had the best bid for 2022. They could probably host it on a couple of months' notice.

That said, the last time a WC was moved from its original host was in 1986 when Colombia resigned as hosts and Mexico stepped in.

UnitedsNo9

USA had a quality bid, only downside for them is that they held it relatively recently, though not as recent as Japan or Korea. I would love it here because it would be enormous for football in Australia though I'd be happy for it to end up anywhere but Qatar.

midfielder

I hope the US gets it ....

You can see China also putting in a bid soon as well...

The infighting over stadiums will rule us out over ever being able to hold it ....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb