• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Academy - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Very impressed by Ken Schembri so far. Speaks well and has a genuine passion for development of youth players. I wish him and his staff all the best and hope he settles in well at the coast, the future seems to be in good hands.

Roy Law

Very impressed by Ken Schembri so far. Speaks well and has a genuine passion for development of youth players. I wish him and his staff all the best and hope he settles in well at the coast, the future seems to be in good hands.
And hopefully the bridges will be mended between the Mariners and CCF; I seem to recall Schembri was hoping to have a good relationship with the Mariners..

Yoda

Both Ken and Bruce Stalder were invited to an information session at IFS (the football school at Kariong) and both seemed genuine in their unscripted talk about the junior football programmes and a willingness to work together to achieve their goals in identifying and developing young local talent through to NYL players as a minimum. Let's hope in the next 3-5 years more and more local juniors have this opportunity.

dibo

A *lot* rides on the Mariners *or* corporate supporters having sufficient cash to make it all work at the senior levels. The junior levels are effectively self-funding and fee caps mean there are effective budget caps too.

The next TV deal will bring nirvana closer, but as always, it also pushes the frontier of a competitive budget further out too. Each A-League club will be expected to run an NPL setup from 9s to firsts, you can probably expect they'll also be expected to run W-League and a women's NPL setup too.

The COE (if it ever happens) will be brilliant for this, it's just that I'm not convinced it's ever actually going to work. In the meantime, Pluim Park is effectively a COE anyway, so it's a decent starting point.

Einstein

Under 12 Sun 2 Mon 3 Thurs 6
8:30am 5:00pm 5.00pm
Under 13 Sun 2 Mon 3, Thurs 6
10:00am 6:00pm 6.00pm
Under 14 Sun 2 Mon 3, Wed 5
11:30am 7:00pm 5:30pm
Under 15 Sun 2 Wed 5, Thurs 6
1:00pm 5:30pm 6:40pm
Under 16 &18 Sun 2 Wed 5, Thurs 6
2:30pm 6:40pm 6:40pm

Yoda

Anyone here have a child that has trialled for CCF SAP or Youth for next year? How was the process??

neverwozza

Yeah my eldest has been retrialling and they are much better organised than last year.

I always strugle with that possibles and probables situation though. You can see the kids get really anxious when they aren't in the probables side and it affects the way they trial.

Jolly_Roger

Cant really comment on the recent academy trials. I believe CCF are entering teams in the regional leagues next year as well football NSW NPL 1 & 2. Perhaps the CCF Academy players will be playing in the regional leagues in addition to their clubs?? I assume those who make the academy program are the fringe players for the CCFC. At least that's how the pathway appears.

As far as the CCFC rep trials were concerned, it appeared to go well for our age group with good player representation. Our child was fortunate enough to be selected and will go around again next year .

If I was to make a comment about things at the moment, i think a communication portal or some kind would be good. One of the good things about last year was the vteam portal that was being used for communication. It also allowed all the players to have their own bio page in the portal. The videos for all the games were uploaded there as well and were interesting to watch. Either that or dedicated CCFC Facebook page where people can post things and get answers and generally communicate with other people in the club.

Looking forward to Pluim Park this afternoon for the final training session for the year + BBQ

have a great xmas everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member