• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Gem Caterers are crap

style_cafe

Following on from last weeks catering debacle I thought this topic needed a thread of it`s own.

This year I`ve talked the missus into coming to football with me, thinking every head counts & maybe some of the relo`s might catch on.

Last week to "enhance her match day" I went looking for an ice-cream for her at half time.
Being a hot day she was looking forward to it.
Big f*cking mistake,a 10 minute walk around the ground.....No ice-creams for sale.

This week,having rushed to the game after meeting an old mate at Bunning`s ,we decided on a pie for late lunch.
Another f*cking big mistake. I walked from bay 17 to the eastern stand, to the first "canteen", where I have been buying pies for the last 7 years. You know the one? With the VILLI`s pie signs all over the rails,only to be told that the pies were at the next "canteen".
Not real happy, but off I went, past the beerie to the next Canteen on the halfway line.Queue up, get to the counter only to be told that I have to go further up to the pie cart!!!!
By this time i`m steaming & right or wrong I told them to shove their pies up their arse!!!!

Not wanting the bride to hungry, I went back to the first canteen & bought 2 lots of fish & chips.
Wasn`t that a bonus?
The fish was almost solid with no flavour & the chips (although copius) were f*cking awful.

So, as for my match day experience with Gem ,they can follow the aforementioned pies!!!

Next home game & for the rest of the season I`ll be taking my esky....thanks for nothing you robbing bastards!!!

nearlyyellow

Next home game & for the rest of the season I`ll be taking my esky....thanks for nothing you robbing bastards!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When my wife is with me we bring some nice fresh ham, cheese & tomato sandwiches, and some water and ice cubes all kept cool in my backpack insulated compartment. That beats any kind of takeaway any day. And if we want a beer, well, we go and stand in the queue. QED.
Well used to that sort of stuff at sporting venues. At least they don't stop you bringing your own food into the ground. Yet!

bikinigirl

. I suspect it will be some time before they get the catering 'right' ... I had had my little rant after the first game, so I thought I'd follow up with my comments after round 2 ... and I can see people's confusion and frustration continuing

. I had spoken to the girls from the OSC pre-match and they said they had spoken to the stadium management during their post-match briefing and conveyed the feedback they had. An improvement was promised

. My experience (and those I spoke to) was mixed. Since we are seated in the east, we will typically try the first outlet atop the stairs ... for those unfamiliar, it has a 'blind' queue to keep people out of the thoroughfare. Luckily the queue wasn't too long because when placing our order we were informed that that outlet no longer sold pies ... we would have to go to the next one along

. So we head to the next one along which was indeed selling pies ... and beer. As we were not drinking we saw no point in joining a long beer queue just for a pie ... we would have to queue again somewhere else if we wanted chips too

. So we moved on again ... the next place no pies either. Bugger it we thought, we'll just buy some chips. Service was quick because everybody else was lining up for a pie and a beer ... but the chips were cold, they had been sitting so long

. As we headed to our seats, the last outlet was indeed selling pies ... oh, well we thought ... might as well buy one

. When we got to our seats we were asked by those around us ... 'you didn't pay for that did you?' ... and was then informed that if we had have bought a beer the pie would have been free. Again something was clearly amiss, it took me three outlets to be able to buy a pie, but others were getting them for free!

. Although I must say ... the staff, apparently, were still not sure how much they were supposed to be charging for a beer five minutes before kick-off

. Sorry about the rant ... just needed to get it out. Considering that they may have 'over-catered' for a lesser crowd that they had pissed off the week before ... I suspect that it will be some time before they get things 'right'. But they may not have any customers by then

true believer

can't beat , bring your own.
i only ever buy water or chips.
i'd also rather go 90 monutes without
a beer , than get something that is horse piss.

Last edited:

Roy Law

. I suspect it will be some time before they get the catering 'right' ... I had had my little rant after the first game, so I thought I'd follow up with my comments after round 2 ... and I can see people's confusion and frustration continuing

. I had spoken to the girls from the OSC pre-match and they said they had spoken to the stadium management during their post-match briefing and conveyed the feedback they had. An improvement was promised

. My experience (and those I spoke to) was mixed. Since we are seated in the east, we will typically try the first outlet atop the stairs ... for those unfamiliar, it has a 'blind' queue to keep people out of the thoroughfare. Luckily the queue wasn't too long because when placing our order we were informed that that outlet no longer sold pies ... we would have to go to the next one along

. So we head to the next one along which was indeed selling pies ... and beer. As we were not drinking we saw no point in joining a long beer queue just for a pie ... we would have to queue again somewhere else if we wanted chips too

. So we moved on again ... the next place no pies either. Bugger it we thought, we'll just buy some chips. Service was quick because everybody else was lining up for a pie and a beer ... but the chips were cold, they had been sitting so long

. As we headed to our seats, the last outlet was indeed selling pies ... oh, well we thought ... might as well buy one

. When we got to our seats we were asked by those around us ... 'you didn't pay for that did you?' ... and was then informed that if we had have bought a beer the pie would have been free. Again something was clearly amiss, it took me three outlets to be able to buy a pie, but others were getting them for free!

. Although I must say ... the staff, apparently, were still not sure how much they were supposed to be charging for a beer five minutes before kick-off

. Sorry about the rant ... just needed to get it out. Considering that they may have 'over-catered' for a lesser crowd that they had pissed off the week before ... I suspect that it will be some time before they get things 'right'. But they may not have any customers by then
Oh dear...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred