• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2: Mariners V Nix

justafan

I`m going to go out on a limb & back Poscoliero.
In his debut game & after missing a big slice of the preseason training he did well against the NIX.
He looked very comfortable on the ball ,was positive in his play & didn`t back down after receiving a Yellow card.
Any rookie that shows the determination that he did in stopping his man (albeit giving away a penalty) has something special.
I was impressed & hope he goes on to be a regular first team player & more.

I liked what I saw of Pascoliero ( except for the clumsy penalty). He should play instead of Bosnar not Zac.

Wombat

Both Cass and Triffiro should start. I would like to see Triffiro as a holding instead of Hutch and give Caceres freedom as an AM to display his creativity.

I'm not sure that is realistic. The holding middy needs a lot of mongrel in him willing to do the dirty work for the full 90.

Triffiro is a natural attacking mid.

dibo

This is why if for whatever harebrained reason people are utterly determined that Hutch be dropped, it's got to be Monty dropping to 6 and probably Caceres to 8, then Tricky or Kim (prefer Tricky) at 10.

gull

Not sure where the love for Caceres at AM comes from. He's played there a few times for us and we have been directionless in attack.

Trifiro has been the best we have this year from what I've seen.

We probably didn't really appreciate how well McBreen played there until this year.

nebakke

Not sure where the love for Caceres at AM comes from. He's played there a few times for us and we have been directionless in attack.

Trifiro has been the best we have this year from what I've seen.

We probably didn't really appreciate how well McBreen played there until this year.

I thought that I should point out that it wasn't the McBreen bit that I agreed on, it was the rest... He didn't do his best work as AM I think.

Apart from that, the Caceres at AM thing, came from Moss when he first brought Caceres through, he suggested him as a strong prospect for the #10 shirt, combined with his strong technical abilities.

Once that's said though, I too am not convinced about him there and last I heard, when asked, he referred to himself as a DM.. I don't know whether that's changed though, obviously.

tsd

... Apart from that, the Caceres at AM thing, came from Moss when he first brought Caceres through, he suggested him as a strong prospect for the #10 shirt, combined with his strong technical abilities.

Once that's said though, I too am not convinced about him there and last I heard, when asked, he referred to himself as a DM.. I don't know whether that's changed though, obviously.
he grew up playing AM, played Both AM and DM for youth but it was Arnold that called him the rogic replacement and threw him in at 10, to mixed results. As the more advanced DM in our system he has more time and space which seems to suit him, turn and beat an opposition pressing attacker and get a good pass off, but I agree that with the added defensive pressures put on him at AM he is yet to truly shine. Best to just call him a play making midfielder

nebakke

Best to just call him a play making midfielder

Of course it was Arnie! This is why I shouldn't make any kind of statements about anything that happened more than a week ago! ;-)
Either way, play-making midfielder will do :)

justafan

I still believe that he's got what it takes to be an excellent AM, 10, play-making mid,whatever we decide to call it. Anyway, atm like localpom posted, I don't care as long as he plays. We need his quality on the field from the start. Watching the game v the nix, I couldn't stop rewinding this play in which the ball is crossed into the mariner's box and with absolute calm, class and skills, Cass not only clears it but also makes a perfect pass to (I think it was Rose who was outside the box) by hitting it with the right foot heel while under pressure by the wp attack. Impressive stuff. If it had been, Carrusca, Brosque, D.Villa, Broisch, the foxsport comentators would still be talking about it. For those who recorded the game, it happened around the 68th min. Impressive.

Imo, we have some very good players in this squad. If Mossy realises that some of players that he insists on starting aren't performing, and replaces them with the ones that should have never being removed from the starting 11, in my mind there aren't any doubts that we're top 4 material. I've seen nothing from the other sides that make me think otherwise.

Last edited:

dibo

Your view on who's not performing and his view on who's not performing might be completely different, starting with the definition of 'performing'.

justafan

Your view on who's not performing and his view on who's not performing might be completely different, starting with the definition of 'performing'.

Definition of performing : carry out, accomplish, or fulfil (an action, task, or function).

Definition of not performing : Kim Seung Yong , Eddie Bosnar. There are more but I will give them another chance v better opposition ( eg; Smurfs) before adding them to the list.

dibo

You rather missed my point.

I was critical of Hutch's game against Palm Beach, for example, but in my criticism I noted that it's entirely possible that the things I was annoyed about were actually part of the plan.

He wasn't playing how *I* would have had him play, but I accept that Moss may have other ideas.

Therefore, my definition of 'performing' for that game may well have been different to Moss's definition, because the "action, task or function" we had in mind may well have been different.

McGrime

It will be interesting to see what Moss comes up with after a 2 week lay off.
The one thing we do have is depth and (should I say it) an injury free squad.
This will be a long season for us but as these guys gel it may throw up a few surprises such as Pascoliero, Boznar & Anderson all starting together.
Triffiro & Sim pushing into regular starting spots.
The players I name earlier were there primarily for their battling abilities.
I really dont care what system we play I just think we need to compete a little harder for the ball and all of these guys will compete.
I keep thinking back to the way that Olympic touched us up pre season.
Sure they had nothing to lose & we were about to start our season but hey it's football you need to get stuck in sometimes.
Anyway I am looking forward to Vs Arnold FC where there is a fair bit of pressure on both teams.

nebakke

Oh dear... I was all in and in agreement, although I'm confused about starting with the CBs?... Then you used 'vs' as a verb, and my world shattered... No! Just NO! I don't care if all the kids do it, it's just.... NO!
Go sit in the corner and have a serious think about what you've done! ;-)
We need a shaming emoji here!

Jaundice

Oh dear... I was all in and in agreement, although I'm confused about starting with the CBs?... Then you used 'vs' as a verb, and my world shattered... No! Just NO! I don't care if all the kids do it, it's just.... NO!
Go sit in the corner and have a serious think about what you've done! ;-)
We need a shaming emoji here!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred