• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

midfielder

Just got a feeling .... Julie Bishop and Turnbull especially Bishop are the only gov minsters who seem to have public credibility ... as I posted above if the polls don't shift Bishop as PM with MT taking over from Hockey ...

dibo

Need a new job?

*Everyone* should apply for this job:

BukB5UKCAAAHTuM.jpg

Perhaps 40 times a month?

One in the morning, one in the afternoon...

midfielder

Tas happened in the past and I hope it is again... sometimes the problem of one party today will be the same problem for the other party tomorrow...and many things are mutually agreed by the two major parties...

Fat Tony and the Pups .... well is he something else, giving Truthful Jones some big slaps ... however you feel he would be the same if Blinkie Bill was in...

I kinda hope that the Libs, ALP, Greens attack ... OMG if he gets more votes and why the ABC keep giving him so much air time I find difficulty to understand...

nearlyyellow

Parliament due to sit next week and I just saw an RAAF 737 ex Canberra land at Coffs Harbour. Now I wonder why that would be? Qantas, Virgin and Tiger all fly there. I guess normal airlines aren't the go for such an important man as the Honourable Member the Deputy Leader of the House? :mad: Budget Emergency? pffftt!

dibo

The Honourable Mr Harsuyker probably has a really important golf game to get to or something.

nearlyyellow

... prevent a young Liberal hack getting the run ...

If Labor don't win it I hope an indie takes it over the hacks and blow-ins.
The little snot. Black Ops indeed! Last thing we need is another gung ho YL in Parliament, especially one who would seek to represent our district.

dibo

Gough Whitlam! I had tears in my eyes when I heard the news. Towering figure in all ways, and his enormous legacy casts a long shadow.

nearlyyellow

You're too young to know the impact of those days leading up to the dismissal. I remember where I was and what I was doing when it happened. The rage, the tears, and yes, the cheering by many as well. No matter what happened in government during his term, his legacy will be spoken about for long after his death. 98, what an innings. What a loss. RIP Gough.

dibo

via https://twitter.com/_robcorr

I’ve read a few people remarking that Whitlam permanently changed Australia - but Abbott is working hard to make it temporary.

I’m about to spam you with a list of Whitlam’s great achievements and the Abbott government’s response to them.

Whitlam: increased foreign aid spending
Abbott: decreased foreign aid spending

Whitlam: protected the Great Barrier Reef from oil drilling
Abbott: approved dredging in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park

Whitlam: created Medibank
Abbott: selling Medibank

Whitlam: increased social security funding; created sole parent payment
Abbott: decreasing social security; restricting sole parent payment

Whitlam: introduced the policy of multiculturalism
Abbott: introduced the policy of “Team Australia”

Whitlam: increased arts funding through the Australia Council
Abbott: cut arts funding by $100 million, incl $30m from Aus Council

Whitlam: increased school funding
Abbott: reneging on commitment to increase school funding

Whitlam: banned Australian sports competition with Apartheid South Africa
Abbott: went on a rugby scholarship tour of Apartheid South Africa

Whitlam: abolished university fees
Abbott: massively increasing university fees

Whitlam: established the Aust Film Commission (now Screen Australia) to fund Aus film and TV
Abbott: cut $30 million from Screen Australia

Whitlam: signed UN treaties including expansion of the Refugee Convention
Abbott: openly considering withdrawing from the Refugee Convention

Whitlam: introduced the Urban Public Transport Assistance Scheme to fund trains, ferries, buses
Abbott: funds roads, not trains

Whitlam: created elected Indigenous advisory body
Abbott: created unelected “Indigenous” advisory body stacked with non-Indig business reps

Whitlam: supported women in the Equal Pay Case
Abbott: actively opposed Equal Pay Case for childcare workers

Whitlam: withdrew Australian troops from Vietnam
Abbott: will send Australian troops into any American conflict available

Whitlam: established the Australian Legal Aid Office and funded community legal centres
Abbott: slashed Legal Aid and CLC funding

Whitlam: introduced environmental protection laws and regulations
Abbott: calls enviro protections “green tape” and wants them removed

Whitlam: granted independence to Papua New Guinea
Abbott: uses Pacific nations as Australian penal colonies

Whitlam: funded Aboriginal legal services
Abbott: de-funded Aboriginal legal services

Whitlam: ratified the World Heritage Convention
Abbott: tried to get Tasmanian forests removed from the World Heritage Register

Whitlam: appointed a woman as a dedicated adviser on Women’s Affairs
Abbott: appointed himself as Minister for Women’s Affairs

Whitlam: supported communal Aboriginal land rights
Abbott: wants native title replaced with individually held English freehold title

Whitlam: introduced the Racial Discrimination Act
Abbott: attempted to water down the Racial Discrimination Act

Whitlam: introduced no-fault divorce
Abbott: believes divorce is “too easy”, supports move back towards no-fault divorce

Whitlam: established the Family Court of Australia
Abbott: promised to cut $30 million from the Family Court budget

Whitlam: abolished knights and dames; created Aus honours system, selected by council
Abbott: restored knights and dames, hand picked by PM

So, yeah, maybe Whitlam’s reforms will be permanent, but only if we hold the line. And build on them again to lock them down for the future.

nearlyyellow

I have just finished watching Malcolm Turnbull's most gracious tribute in the House, and I was touched, very touched by his humility in a non political tribute. I sometimes think that MT truly is on the wrong side of the house, or at least he is in a party that is so far to the right of his central convictions that it is beyond me how manages to remain on that side. But that's another debate for another day. Today we remember Gough. Thanks for the above, I will now read it.

midfielder

One of my mates lived two doors from him in Cabramatta I met him once when I kicked a rugby ball into his yard and he gave it back,he carried himself like a God however he seemed to be a very caring person about the needs of the poor and disadvantaged … Gough got my vote in 72 as did not want to go into the ballot for army service… to this day he was the best speaker of any PM, arguably had the worst cabinet … which when Hwake came to power he made sure he had a strong cabinet [arguably the best cabinet of any government in Australia's history] …

I am a swinging voter and can say I have voted for each winning PM, aside from Rudd when he beat Howard, … and I have to say Gough was the only PM I marched in a street for and despite all the economic issues many not his fault I remember Gough very fondly ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb