• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014/15 Draw Changes

Bladesman

there are some people;) on here who can never be pleased:popcorn:
And until the club understand and recognise the difference between the die hards (and stop taking the piss) and the stadium cash (nrl finals prove what that is worth over real supporters) in the short term then we are always going to be chasing the $.

sydmariner

And until the club understand and recognise the difference between the die hards (and stop taking the piss) and the stadium cash (nrl finals prove what that is worth over real supporters) in the short term then we are always going to be chasing the $.
i heard that the rd 2 sydney dearby has sold more tickets than both of this weekends nrl finals games combined in the 1st 2 days of going on sale:popcorn:

nearlyyellow

There is a difference in supporting a team and a franchise which obviously you do not appreciate.
Errr, sorry, I don't quite understand why you draw that conclusion from my post?:confused: If you have a look back at my previous posts on this matter you'll see that I do not agree with moving our home games to anywhere else. Support the team? Unequivocally, yes. :shoutclap:

So, what's your next move? :popcorn:

nearlyyellow

i heard that the rd 2 sydney dearby has sold more tickets than both of this weekends nrl finals games combined in the 1st 2 days of going on sale:popcorn:
I did read somewhere that the NRL
spit-2110.gif
has suffered a drop in attendances. If what you hear is correct then that is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. Let's see what the MSM make of that when it happens. :p

dibo

I did read somewhere that the NRL
spit-2110.gif
has suffered a drop in attendances. If what you hear is correct then that is absolutely fan-bloody-tastic. Let's see what the MSM make of that when it happens. :p
Coming back to this, NRL regular season crowds are certainly down this year from their peaks - average this year was 15,905 vs last year's 15,940 and the previous several seasons (2009-2012) were all over 16,000. It's only a small drop though - real margin-of-error stuff.

A-League crowds have gone 8k, 10k, 12k 13k in the last few years, so we're actually pretty close to them in terms of crowds. Our best story is that our worst club in each season has improved massively - we've gone 3k, 3k, 7k, 8k over that period. There are no absolute shockers left.

NRL absolutely monster us on TV ratings though., and comparing aggregate attendance is instructive too - it tells you how more about much money each code is drawing in and the breadth (rather than depth) of support: NRL drew just over 3 million through the gate this season to their 192 games compared to 1.8 million for our 135 games.

If depression is your thing, AFL averaged 32k this year, drawing in 6.4 million to their 198 games.

nearlyyellow

Coming back to this, NRL regular season crowds are certainly down It's only a small drop though - real margin-of-error stuff.
Yeah, I d0n't remember the numbers, or even whether it was even mentioned. But thanks.

A-League crowds have gone 8k, 10k, 12k 13k in the last few years, so we're actually pretty close to them in terms of crowds. Our best story is that our worst club in each season has improved massively - we've gone 3k, 3k, 7k, 8k over that period. There are no absolute shockers left.
That's very encouraging.

NRL absolutely monster us on TV ratings though., and comparing aggregate attendance is instructive too - it tells you how more about much money each code is drawing in and the breadth (rather than depth) of support: NRL drew just over 3 million through the gate this season to their 192 games compared to 1.8 million for our 135 games.

If depression is your thing, AFL averaged 32k this year, drawing in 6.4 million to their 198 games.
Well, I'd counter the NRL mention by saying MSM, and the generations of RL fans who just don't know any different.
The AFL (VFL) fans etc., I mean they're bloody Victorians mostly, so what do you expect? What else is there to do during winter in Victoria? I pay as much attention to VFL as I do to WSW in the AFC. ;).
Edit: Ahhh, yes, apologies to VicMariner, who is *obviously* one of us. :oops:

Last edited:

Wombat

Coming back to this, NRL regular season crowds are certainly down this year from their peaks - average this year was 15,905 vs last year's 15,940 and the previous several seasons (2009-2012) were all over 16,000. It's only a small drop though - real margin-of-error stuff.

Just look at the joke that is GWS if you ever feel threatened by AFL. Apparently they try to give away thousands of tickets each home game and still can't crack a crowd of 5k. I went on their website in their first season and it was filled with people who got free tickets and rued the 2 hours of their life they will never get back. Apparently the AFL count the painted seats as people!

dibo

And even with that drag on the numbers, they still had 6.8 million through the gates at >32k per game. 4th highest average attendance of any sporting league in any sport anywhere in the world, more than double the average and aggregate attendance of any other league in any sport in Australia.

Wombat

I hear you Dibo....those Victorians (and Tasmanians aren't much better) are freaks about that sport.
Where ever I meet one they gibber on about AFL like its more important than their kids welfare. Once I explain I'm from NSW and we don't follow it they sometimes give you some respite but not always.
I even had a Victorian that lives in Gosso go into one about Hawthorn at a Mariners game when I went over to say hello at half time. He told me he liked the atmosphere at Football but didn't really understand the game and then tried to talk about AFL for 10 minutes.
One company I worked for (I'm a sales agent) sold a lot of licences products in NRL, AFL, cricket and Wallabies. The licensing guy was up from Victoria for a Sydney Trade Fair the weekend that Sydney played in their first AFL grand final.
He was buzzing about how exciting it was for us and how much product we would sell. After every single Sydney customer declined to buy any Swans merchandise at all he started desperately to try and push the stock but the retailers just stared at him said no, looking at me with a what the f**k is he on about look. The majority of retailers are not Anglo and those that have tried AFL once don't try it a 2nd time.
He was dead set shocked that there was no real interest....like I'd told him Santa wasn't real.
I think the marketing people at the AFL go to the same school as McDonalds marketing and suck the kids in at an early age before they can make an informed opinion.

eenfish

Living in Victoria now, I can't tell you the amount of times I have had to say "I am from NSW, I don't care" when asked about the grand final. That was a tough week. Got to the point I started just responding like they were talking about the rugby league and nobody knew what I was on about when I was talking about rabbits and some bloke called Hayne.

The real action starts 8 days away. Get keen for that and don't give a toss about the rest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred