• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Roy Law

NYL boys I do know of C.Wilkinson, Cade Mapu, Tommy Lyons, D.McFarlane, T.Buhagiar and I think L.Wales
All sounds good to me, especially someone as young as Buhagiar; I am pleased to see McFarlane in there, he is said to have real skills; and is Mapu the one who is really quick? and anyone called Wilkinson must be worth a contract just because of the name!

marinerfix

McFarlane has a bright future and Mapu extremely quick like his older brother. I believe players to miss out Forbes,Odell,Ragen,Balneaves,Tuddenham.
NSWPL2 1st Grade Nominations Player of the Year Joshua Bingham and Liam Odell.
NSWPL2 U20's Nominations Player of the Year Jack Ragen and Todd Balneaves
Ragen and Balneaves would have to consider themselves unlucky not be offered a train on position.
Tuddenham and Balneaves both played U20's all year and were eligible to play 18's both not offered a train on position.
So the message is don't look to play up a grade!!!

Kripple

McFarlane has a bright future and Mapu extremely quick like his older brother. I believe players to miss out Forbes,Odell,Ragen,Balneaves,Tuddenham.
Ragen and Balneaves would have to consider themselves unlucky not be offered a train on position.
Tuddenham and Balneaves both played U20's all year and were eligible to play 18's both not offered a train on position.
Cade Mapu only 17 this year. Very quick.Has won State beach flags last 5 years. Great kid. Goes to Lisarow HS. Been in Mariners youth teams.

Roy Law

Youth football is often a poor guide to the future; some look good and fade away - like Panny Nikas or Brad MacDonald; some are late developers like Tommy Rogic or Mat Ryan.
All the youngsters who have missed out can still dream the dream. They only have to look at Glen Trifiro to be inspired.

dibo

Pish. When players are picked, it's because the selectors are corrupt. When players are cut it's because the selectors don't know talent when they see it.

starfish

Brisbane Roar flew one of those players who missed out up to Brisbane for a one week trial - more than the 2 hours that CCM had.
Not much mention of the player who struggled all season to get a run in his age group but has been added to the train on squad. And no mention of the 5 figure amount that CCM owe his father's company.

style_cafe

It certainly is a shame about Jack Ragen.
He`s a kid with heaps of talent & a burning passion to succeed.
I hope this opens the door for him to go overseas & make a name for himself...:cheers:

tipster

I'm fairly certain both Tuddenham came from NSWIS and Balneaves from Premier League 1 to return back to the Central Coast and be part of the Central Coast Mariners Academy and so called pathways.
So both boys played up in the 20's all year and Balneaves played in the 1st grade finals and was nominated for Under 20's Player of the Year and didn't even receive a train on position. It certainly sends a message out to other boys.

dibo

It's funny how at this time of year the place fills with anonymous single-issue posters who are here to talk only about how unfair it is that someone has been picked or not. I repeat:

Pish. When players are picked, it's because the selectors are corrupt. When players are cut it's because the selectors don't know talent when they see it.

tipster

My concern is not who gets selected or not, but where are the Central Coast boys who returned back to the Coast to play for the Central Coast Mariners Academy play next year. It was my understanding that the FFA were looking at all A league clubs to have academy teams playing in the Premier League 1 competition in their respective states by 2016. Now that the Central Coast Mariners have handed the representative program back to CCF where does this leave the Mariners in establish their own academy.

Luke

Was told last night that the only boys signed to youth from first grade were Curran and Bingham.
Verity,Mapu and Odell are all too old.Forbes and Whyte missed out as well but not sure if that was because of age or just didn't make the cut.
Younger Mapu,Trent,Mcfarlane and whoever else from the U20s are only train on players as far as I was told which can only be good.They will all be/are good players but maybe not ready to make that jump or haven't physically matured yet.
Most of 1st grade want to come back next year whether it's run by CCM or CCF.One of the boys got offered $400 a game at Mt Druitt.He gets a fair bit less and it depends on the result or goals scored etc so it's good he wants to stay.

marinerfix

Curran & Bingham? Cannot say I was overly impressed with the games I was able to attend. Can anyone tell me who is returning to CCF?

Luke

Curran & Bingham? Cannot say I was overly impressed with the games I was able to attend. Can anyone tell me who is returning to CCF?

Bingham easily our best youth player last season and one of the best for academy Imo.
Curran is a great prospect but losses his temper and focus easy.More a mental thing for him at the moment.
As far as I know Odell,Verity and Mapu are going hack to CCF.Probably a few other as well.Crowell also wants to make a return.

marinerfix

Mainers NYL went down 5-1 to Jets NYL yesterday afternoon. Buhagiar tried hard and missed a couple of opportunities. Wales and Lyons on bench with Wales coming on late to score our only goal. Our defense was non existent, why no Balneaves,Odell, Forbes or Tuddenham? Jets best player was Steve Whyte a former CCM NYL player. Could be another long year coming up for our youth and coaching staff.

Luke

Mainers NYL went down 5-1 to Jets NYL yesterday afternoon. Buhagiar tried hard and missed a couple of opportunities. Wales and Lyons on bench with Wales coming on late to score our only goal. Our defense was non existent, why no Balneaves,Odell, Forbes or Tuddenham? Jets best player was Steve Whyte a former CCM NYL player. Could be another long year coming up for our youth and coaching staff.

Fairly certain Odell is too old.He is the same age or a year younger then me which would count him out.I thought Forbes had an inconsistent year with CCMA maybe hence him missing out.
It's only pre season but with round 1 this week is doesn't make this new scouting system we've got look all that good.

Roy Law

Round One this week and the Mariners have yet to formally announce their NYL squad; they were going to a week or so but seem to have forgotten about it. It seems a bit bizarre given the supposed refocus on the quality of the side this season.

priorpeter

Shame Steve went to the jets. Ccm could have had him no worries, he was apparently a little reluctant to trial for the jets but killed it.

kevrenor

Round One this week and the Mariners have yet to formally announce their NYL squad; they were going to a week or so but seem to have forgotten about it. It seems a bit bizarre given the supposed refocus on the quality of the side this season.

R1 Sunday, 19 October 2014 - Central Coast Mariners v Brisbane Roar FC at CCM Centre of Excellence, Tuggerah 2:30 PM

My question exactly .. http://www.ccmariners.com.au/team/y_league ... blank

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred