• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Dylan at the Bluesfest from Byron Bay

ryan

I have been to Bluesfest the last 3 years. I did not make it this year as I was in the UK. How was Bluesfest 2014 Midfielder?

midfielder

I have been to Bluesfest the last 3 years. I did not make it this year as I was in the UK. How was Bluesfest 2014 Midfielder?

Arguably the best I have been to… no head line act this year unless you count the Dave Matthews Band… Jake Bugg and Joss Stone blew me away …

Was there for five days … saw over 45 acts … some not the entire set … when you think it cost us $ 1, 050.00 for two camping on site works out about $ 5.50 per show

They were much more relaxed on the sale of booze in the festival … food was a tad more expensive … buses to Byron ran better … they had no chairs that people carry into the festival allowed in the tents … you had to have your chair outside the tent..

In Crosrroads and Mojo they had set up a large bank of plastic chairs covering about 15 to 20 % of the total area for people to sit.. but nothing past the half-way point of the tents.

I over did it one day … went for an early surf at Byron .. off to the Beach Pub for a few beers then back to the festival went not stop from 12 To midnight … did the same the next day … my back is still score … wife just laughs and said I told you to go back to the tent and have a rest ..

It had as always a very relaxed feel ... saw no arguments etc..

They changed a couple of things ... no CD tent this year which pissed a lot of people off, you could order a CD but not browse as in previous years.. they also had a VIP area you could go to..

Channel 7 did a show on it see the link.. https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/a/22928677/the-greatest-music-festival-in-the-world

On my list below **** are Aussie acts

Top ten I watched no order

Passenger
Jake Bugg
James Cotton Band
Soul Rebels
Black Sorrows ****
Boz Scaggs
Gov Mule
Buddy Guy
Joss Stone
Dyson, Stringer & Cloher *****
Saskwatch*****

Others I enjoyed

Grace Poter
Mat Curry *****
Jack Johnson
Jeff Beck / Joss Stone did a duet
Backsliders ****
Gary Clark *****
Charlie Musselwhite
War

Playing Schedule

http://www.showticksecure.com/bluesfest2013/venuenet/_uploads/fckeditor/pdfs/playing_schedule.pdf

ryan

No cd tent....wtf? I have spent a lot of money in there. I'm not sure if I will get back to Bluesfest next year. I am giving serious thought to trying Blues on Broadbeach

Last edited:

ryan

I can imagine. I saw him a couple of Bluesfests ago. I was right up front and he was amazing. I am going again next year but sadly only for Saturday and Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb