• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Big Al

Arguably resulting in transfer markets being closed by the time a decision is made . So player is in limbo for maybe 4 months until the next transfer window.
Not if found to NOT be a CCM player.
Free Agents are not bound by the window as far as I'm aware. The window is a transfer window so transfers from one club to another cease.
That's my understanding but probably completely wrong

dibo

Not if found to NOT be a CCM player.
Free Agents are not bound by the window as far as I'm aware. The window is a transfer window so transfers from one club to another cease.
That's my understanding but probably completely wrong
Our window would also be completely different to the European window - our season dates are different!

midfielder

My understanding and it only from what I recall Graham Arnold once saying is the Asian transfer market closes roughly 30 days after the European market.

If the Nix win then he will simply honour his contract with them.

You hope the PFA have what they believe is a very very very strong case as dragging this out helps no one other than the Nix if they win. If they loose the Nix have held a player position and salary amount open and could not find a similar player of his quality so close to the start of the competition.

The way the Nix have also challenged licence transfers I find interesting if nothing else.

If the PFA loose the appeal IMO questions should be asked about their senior management because statements they have made and the veracity in screaming their opinions have indicated they are in a un-looseable position. I also find their lack of support for a club to receive a transfer fee by saying the old contract is unenforceable goes against their publicly stated aims of making all clubs sustainable ..

I am increasingly coming to the opinion the PFA are using this as a test case . My reason for this is given FFA pay players wages today, most players are signed by their club and by FFA as I understand it, meaning the true employer of all players could be the FFA and I wonder aloud if weeMac has not signed with FFA after the new media deal.

Wombat

But at 26 he might not be; I am not sure the pressure of Indian and Indonesian football is quite the same as the A League. If he turns out to be decent. all well and good, but this is shopping at the discount bins at BI-LO for me. There really can't be much money left in the tin.

I liked the look of him in those videos. Looks tough and strong in the tackle. He can distribute well and his passing is accurate.
Can use both feet and anticipates well. Old fashioned defender happy to see it out for a throw or send it long when in danger.
Those opposing forwards were very lazy and applied very little pressure but I'm looking forward to seeing him play as I suspect he may impress.

promdi442

I liked the look of him in those videos. Looks tough and strong in the tackle. He can distribute well and his passing is accurate.
Can use both feet and anticipates well. Old fashioned defender happy to see it out for a throw or send it long when in danger.
Those opposing forwards were very lazy and applied very little pressure but I'm looking forward to seeing him play as I suspect he may impress.

That video was taken in the UFL played in Manila Philippines. The ground is a little smaller than a regulation international field and is artificial turf

localpom

I suspect that we're probably a bit limited by the WeeMac situation too... But nothing wrong with the relative discount bins either, they've served us well enough in the past. He looks OK to me from the bits in there, be interesting to see how he performs here. My first thought though, was that I hope he doesn't try any of the "cuteness" in the A-league as I don't think it'll fly as well here as it did in India and Indonesia.
Once that's said, anyone who starts their reel with Living Colour should at least get a deserved go in my books ;)... Besides, I have to admit that I'm always intrigued and a little excited about any unknown brought in to the team.... It doesn't hurt either that it's another player who is mostly an unknown to the great traitor in the South ;)
Great band Living Colour. Remember seeing them at Brixton academy back in the early 90's. Don't remember much but think it was awesome.Their first album was a sensational debut. Lets hope we get some more sensational debuts against the Jets in a few weeks.

shipwreck

I suspect you are correct with the latter statement, which I think is really the only scenario in which we can "win" in this particularly shit situation.

At the end of the day, if we dont put up a fight, we look like pushovers, Phoenix get there man and Weemac is happy
If we do put up a fight and lose, we took a stand but look like whingers, Phoenix get there man and Weemac is happy.
If we put up a fight and win, we took a stand and look good, we then let him go out of spite, Phoenix get there man and Weemac is happy.

Like most people have already stated, no player who doesnt want to be here will play well, goodbye little man.

Was the only way I could ever see this happening also... Shame

localpom

that's what the club needs, to be a million bucks down
Very unlikely we could get a million for him and it would have to be a sale to a non A league club. I'm sure if there were offers we would have hung out for it. I guess at the time the club would almost thought it a given that he would be bought by the Japanese club with Arnie at the helm. Not a great result for possibly our best player but when we are a selling club sometimes these sort of things happen. I'm happy that it's all sorted at least and is no longer a distraction for the club.

midfielder

Next time a club does not pay an injured player because they changed hands ...

I think we have been f**ked over by the PFA and FFA ... both in squad size and salary cap I guess we could not take him back and by the time the case would have been decided all transfer windows would have been closed.

He and others held together over those hard times and his reward was to be loaned out with no fee requested ... but on his word of honour he would return so we could earn a fee in the future...

I guess no one expected the case to drag on as long as it has and if a decision had been made say 6 weeks ago instead in say 4 to 6 weeks from now he could have been sold.

Its business OK I understand but next time someone accuses a club of something ... remember things like this harden heads ..

Mega f**k to the PFA they SCREAM about many things but when a struggling club like ours misses out on a transfer fee and they and their delaying tactics cause us not to receive a fee to cover their own arse...

Yoda

With a bit of luck CCM are smart enough to write a clause in his release from contract that should a future transfer fee be received by the Phoenix for the sale of McGlinchy, CCM will receive X % of that transfer fee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred