• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Malick Mané

CCMFCUK

Position: Forward
Nationality: Senegalese
Date of Birth: 14 October 1988 (Age: 25)
Joins from: IFK Göteborg (Sweden) on loan until the end of Hyundai A-League 2014-15
Previous Clubs: Sogndal Fotball (Norway), FK Aktobe (Kazakhstan), Sandefjord Fotball (Norway), Casa Sports (Senegal)

Has played for decent clubs in Norway and Sweden, his goal scoring record isn't fantastic but he may add some pace and skill to the side.

I still think the Mariners need a "clinical" goalscorer but you never know he could turn into a tidy prospect for the season.

Gratis

I have high hopes. a number of players have resurrected their careers at the Mariners, McGlinchey, McBreen etc, due to the high support within the group and how the players work for each other during the games. allows players to bring out their best

Tassiemariner

I'll be honest, I have the lowest expectations of this guy since Wolfry Wolfe.
I'll still give him my usual 5 games for initial impressions but I am not expecting much.

eenfish

Lets be honest, Norway and Sweden aren't really that much high in terms of quality than the A-League. Some of the defending in those highlights are less than spectacular. This guy seems pretty inconsistent with his goal scoring.
He could be good. He could be real good. Lets hope he is. But I am not expecting a Bernie Ibini replacement.

sydmariner

Position: Forward
Nationality: Senegalese
Date of Birth: 14 October 1988 (Age: 25)
Joins from: IFK Göteborg (Sweden) on loan until the end of Hyundai A-League 2014-15
Previous Clubs: Sogndal Fotball (Norway), FK Aktobe (Kazakhstan), Sandefjord Fotball (Norway), Casa Sports (Senegal)

Has played for decent clubs in Norway and Sweden, his goal scoring record isn't fantastic but he may add some pace and skill to the side.

I still think the Mariners need a "clinical" goalscorer but you never know he could turn into a tidy prospect for the season.

imo he takes free kicks better than Kim does

Tassiemariner

Just the resume and highlights package reminds me of
1) someone scouted of a Youtube video (Lets be honest, do you really think the club has been to Norway/Sweden to scout the bloke)
2) The video if you take out the Kazakh stuff has 9 highlights, 9.... in 4 seasons of Norwegian football.
3) The first 3 videos of him on Youtube are all posted by scouting agents of sorts (seriously, has anyone clicked on the link in the description of that video.. http://www.tourdeleurope.net/...... Hilarious!)
4) If we had contacts there, he's scored 1 in 13 so they would want him gone.

I'll still give him a chance, but how many A-League signings have worked from Youtube??

Tassiemariner

Oh and 5) Just checked on Transfermarket, he got transferred to IFK in March..... as in 4 months ago. They must really want to keep him on the books!

sydmariner

I'm loath to predict whether a player will be a success in the A-League. For example, have a look at Besart Berisha's form leading up to his A-League debut. Hardly inspiring. Let's wish Mane the best and hope he does a 'Besart' for us!
I hope that you don't mean getting 2:redcard::redcard: in a row

Roy Law

1) someone scouted of a Youtube video (Lets be honest, do you really think the club has been to Norway/Sweden to scout the bloke)
2) The video if you take out the Kazakh stuff has 9 highlights, 9.... in 4 seasons of Norwegian football.
3) The first 3 videos of him on Youtube are all posted by scouting agents of sorts (seriously, has anyone clicked on the link in the description of that video..
http://www.tourdeleurope.net/...... Hilarious!)

I'll still give him a chance, but how many A-League signings have worked from Youtube??
But, but, but....Mossy said "“As we showed in the January transfer window, we’re simply not going to rush in and sign players for the sake of it,” he said. “We need to do our due diligence, especially with foreign players, and ensure that the right players are being the offered the opportunity to join our Club"

I am pretty sure we were rushed into signing Kim...

Roy Law

And BTW, Shane Smeltz scored just 2 goals for Halifax Town (who I think were in the Conference at the time, level 5 of English football) in 31 appearances before signing for Gold Coast.

Wombat

3) The first 3 videos of him on Youtube are all posted by scouting agents of sorts (seriously, has anyone clicked on the link in the description of that video.. http://www.tourdeleurope.net/...... Hilarious!)

I'm tipping that's how we off loaded Siep.....video of his ACL strike.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred