• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Luke

Nash signing has been confirmed by Bonnyrigg.Playing the rest of the NPL season with them before joining us.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-23-05-55-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-23-05-55-55.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 11

Golly

[It's about value. He's reputed to be on a big wedge - our highest paid player. Everyone can agree that's not right. He wasn't a starter let alone our best. That costs us cap space that could be better used elsewhere./QUOTE]

i thought monty was highest paid at 300k per season

true believer

Trif is not really a lightweight.
Those 3 have a lot of potential BUT on the other side of the coin all 3 are not cast iron starting 11.
umm he ain't that big wombat . think all 3 would be lucky to get 210 kg's .
assuming everyone played a 4231 our 3 would be the smallest by , I reckon 20 kg's

dibo

skill didn't help the Japanese at the world cup . all things in proportion
How was size the defining factor? Chile's team was on average significantly shorter than Japan's and yet they were a cracking team. Bosnia and Herzegovina were the second tallest team and they were shit.

localpom

skill didn't help the Japanese at the world cup . all things in proportion
Fitz, Kim and Trif are all pretty strong guys. Kim is a pretty muscular guy and i think the fact he goes down too easily hides that fact. Hopefully with a full pre season we have managed to get that side of his game right. It's maybe more a question of height but i think skill, versatility and speed is what we are after. Boz and Ando will win most of the ball in the air anyway.

scottmac

Suspended
Fitz & Trif are both tough in the tackle. Just like Boz & Amini.
Fitz & Trif were not 90 min's players last year. If they get that level of fitness then IMO they will be hard to remove from the first 11
With a big strong 9 in front of them (that can f**king shoot please) their frame will not be a concern

midfielder

Mossy said a couple of weeks ago to expect some signing soon... anyone got any idea when our new players will be announced... I have a gut feeling [please it bound to be wrong so don't quote me I am not saying this based on any facts, I have no facts nor know anyone who does] with the forgoing this is pure gut speculation I think we may get a couple more Asian players maybe Korean...

iEatHands

Mossy said a couple of weeks ago to expect some signing soon... anyone got any idea when our new players will be announced... I have a gut feeling [please it bound to be wrong so don't quote me I am not saying this based on any facts, I have no facts nor know anyone who does] with the forgoing this is pure gut speculation I think we may get a couple more Asian players maybe Korean...
He hasn't finished scouting all the NPL matches yet! Then maybe the lower leagues.. then maybe Kwas will make a come back?! Then once all other avenues are exhusted.. North Korea! Best Korea!

Roy Law

Fitz & Trif are both tough in the tackle. Just like Boz & Amini.
Ah, the lost art of tackling (sigh), when men were men and tippy toed ballet dancing posers were nervous. You didn't get any of that stick your arse out and make no attempt to play the ball nonsense because you would end up flat on said arse on the ground with a sore ankle, or two, for good measure. Since FIFA issued a world wide ban on aggressive play the hard men have been in decline (another sigh). Monty can tackle, Bosnar too, but the rest just run around and stick out a toe or grab a shirt. Fitz and Trif are eager hard working players who will give everything they have but they can't tackle for toffee. As for Amini, I just hope his German education has shown him how because he could not tackle when he left Bluetongue.

Roy Law

Fitz, Kim and Trif are all pretty strong guys. Kim is a pretty muscular guy and i think the fact he goes down too easily hides that fact. Hopefully with a full pre season we have managed to get that side of his game right. It's maybe more a question of height but i think skill, versatility and speed is what we are after. Boz and Ando will win most of the ball in the air anyway.
My coarse cut marmalade for breakfast is stronger than Kim...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred