• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

eenfish

I Would normally agree with the sentiment on Griff except he's starting to show a pattern... He doesn't stuff up a lot, but when he does he's always certain that it's costly...
Which is a shame because I actually think he shows some promise, just starting to think that he should show it elsewhere...

Aye, sounds about right. Shows some very good stuff but guaranteed to make one major stuff up a game. We Mariners fans are pretty hard on newcomers into the squad, (Seip and Eddy were lambasted for months and weeks respectively before they finally found a groove), and is made harder for a position that has traditionally been so strong for us (Wilko, Patty Z and Sainsbury are some of the best CBs in A-League history), plus can't help the comparisons to his brother…
But he nearly cost us the game with a penalty the other day (Saved by Reddy), and then he costs us the game today. A boat load of promise, but needs to quit the massive brainfarts.

Also I want to say a massive f**k YOU to the FFA as well. No reason to schedule the Brisbane game on the Sunday knowing full well we were never going to play them and we'd always have a short turn around. I'm not shouting conspiracy by any lengths, but I am saying they're a bunch of frikkin morons.

eenfish

Also a big middle finger to WSW fans saying we played anti-football. Idiots forget the first few months of last season when that was all the Wanderers did. But they probably only jumped on the bandwagon when they started winning, so whatever.

Roy Law

Got Lucky. It is my wedding anniversary and the family took precedence over the game. Did not see it.

Wombat

We didn't just park the bus we parked the depot.

That WAS anti Football and very ugly but what else could we do?

Hutcho should never play in or around that back line.

Cernak confirmed my suspisions.

The boys worked very hard and played quite well.

Bosnar, Reddy and Sterj did quite well.

Trif had some good touches. Kim was poor.

Rose is the better left back.

VicMariner

If the FFA won't help with scheduling they should at least allow bigger squad sizes. People say get over a congested schedule because "they handle it OK in Europe", but look at their squad sizes.
Of course there is the little matter of paying for it.....

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL...that was the drizzling shits....absolutely diabolical....and, seeya Cernak and Rostyns little brother

style_cafe

I wouldn`t be too hard on Griffiths.
He had very few options & the chance of them scoring was 50-50.
I`d be more critical of the wall.
We let them have two men on the end of the wall with no-one behind them.
That is basic u/10s defending. It was obvious that they would play the through that gap.
Hutcho should have stayed up to complete the wall...

Big Al

Wombat completely agree

Think that was Mossy's worst game. I know he was restricted by the amount of time a player should be playing etc but it's what he did with that info.

It appears he intended to sub Roux & Bosnar to rest them. WTF - So why bring Ibini, Fitzy & Duke to Japan if you are only going to play 1 of them?

Then why sub off your experienced backs for out of position (Rose) & Inexperienced Griffth in the 2nd half against the team below you who have to come hard in the 2nd half to progress. Either Rest them completely (Morton was in the match day squad) or sub them on. Put the inexperienced or out of position on in the 1st half when there was less pressure & then bring on the right people for the right job when the onslaught comes. Crazy to me

& then waiting another 5-10mins after the goal to bring on Duke. Why bother in the end. I said to the wife it's only 10mins lets him stretch the legs but as she said he could of got hurt trying to run someone down. Should have been on straight after the goal or not at all.

Also shows why it's so important for us to score first as we had no idea how to chase the game. Sure we were down to 10 men but take out a back & press high. Although they were very good with the ball.

Totally disappointed.

Spewing we didn't get to the last 16 to play WSW would have been great & every thing lined up to make it happen.

How shit was the defending of that free kick in which they scored. They pretty much stopped & said are you sure you want some one on the post? We will give you a chance to bring him back into the wall. What still happy to have him there ok we will put a player on the opposite side 6 yards out for tap in. You still want to sit on the post. Ah yeah but we'd like a 2nd guy back please wait. Back goes Hutch. You really sure. Yep. Ok but we warned you.

Hutch would have cut that shot out as that is his spot on the wall. They wouldn't have tried that as it was more a pass towards there attacker on the 6 yard box & worst of all everyone knows trying to get a ball up over a wall & down again from the top of the box is hard to do & finally Reddy didn't dive because he had players on the line so subconsciously thought they might get it. Got what we deserved there a goal against us.

Rant over on to the FFA Wanderers

dibo

Mood-swing forum is in full swing I see. We're playing three sudden death games in 8 days with 30hr travel in that period and playing for a draw. What did people expect, swashbuckling attacking and gut-busting runs? Seriously, we played for a draw and didn't get it against a team that is frankly in better nick than us and far better resourced.

We didn't get the result but some of the wrist-slashing and vitriol in here is laughable.

yellowcake

When the ACL groups were drawn, favourites in ours to progress would certainly have been last years ACL finalists FC Seoul and reigning J-League champions Sanfrecce Hiroshima ("group of death" even?). So that came to pass. No shame.

This year's campaign gave us the opportunity to witness 2 great ACL wins at Gosford, complete with amazing atmosphere for the chosen few.

Congrats to WSW for progressing to the next round (like other WSW achievements - "been there, done that" for us) and to MV for their impressive win over the current ACL champions.

All is right with the world. On to Saturday following an exotic Japanese bonding and training week for the boys - sleep well tomorrow night!

Bladesman

If you are going to sit so far back as we did last night then you have to expect that sides are going to be all over you and with the speed and skill of the ACL players combined with the refereeing (the ref was good last night so can't blame him) then free kicks, penalties and sendings off are certainly likely.

Given we clearly showed that the A-League was the priority with the team and subs not sure though why we wouldn't just take a few of the NYL side up instead. Play them up front to inject some pace and pressure as with the team we had on the park last night a quick break was never going to be an option. At least the youth would bring a bit of unpredictability and prevent a number of the team having to travel just for the sake of it.

finally retired

If you are going to sit so far back as we did last night then you have to expect that sides are going to be all over you and with the speed and skill of the ACL players combined with the refereeing (the ref was good last night so can't blame him) then free kicks, penalties and sendings off are certainly likely.

Given we clearly showed that the A-League was the priority with the team and subs not sure though why we wouldn't just take a few of the NYL side up instead. Play them up front to inject some pace and pressure as with the team we had on the park last night a quick break was never going to be an option. At least the youth would bring a bit of unpredictability and prevent a number of the team having to travel just for the sake of it.
agree Bladesman.....it just didn't make sense to take those players Mossy obviously had no intention of playing...and if we weren't serious about aiming for the next round, then why not blood some youngsters for the future.

Wombat

Mood-swing forum is in full swing I see. We're playing three sudden death games in 8 days with 30hr travel in that period and playing for a draw. What did people expect, swashbuckling attacking and gut-busting runs? Seriously, we played for a draw and didn't get it against a team that is frankly in better nick than us and far better resourced.

We didn't get the result but some of the wrist-slashing and vitriol in here is laughable.

Yet to read any Vitriol.....carry on with the sugar coating.

Wombat

As any of us that have coached our own or other people's kids....you try to instil.....if you give 100% you can't be beaten but if you are beaten and you have given 100% then you have lost to a better man or team....and you should appreciate the skill of your opponent........BUT learn from it.
When you don't even try to beat your opponent.....then that is always going to end badly for you. In Japan we didn't even try to win.
I taught my son that you cannot lose a fight unless YOU allow you opponent to beat you. When they hurt you, you return the favour 5 fold. .....I know Football is not Fighting but be concept is the same. If you doubt my words just look at the career of Roy Keene.
In defence of CCM I truly think we didn't really want to be in the ACL this season and are hoping to smack the Drive Bys and win the Grand Final.

dibo

Took the same gameplan away to Brisbane and won. Some days it works for you, some days it doesn't.

Wombat

Are we going to play the same gameplan all next season?

If we do we will be lucky to finish in the top six and be lucky to get 6k turnup each week.

We make Italy look appealing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred