• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup - it is here in 2014

rbakersmith

Round 4 is set down for Wednesday 23/4 - there isn't a venue or kick off time listed yet but I assume it would be the same as tonight (8pm @ Pluim Park).

kevrenor

FFA Cup lead-in Cup, the NSW Waratah Cup:

Wednesday 23rd April
Round 4 Match

7:45pm Central Coast Mariners Academy v Sydney Olympic FC – Pluim Park

eenfish

i really hope we get a Melbourne away trip. Would love to see Knights Stadium or Lakeside in the flesh.

eenfish

Westfield confirmed as major sponsor for first years of the comp. A pessimist would say it is just Lowy getting cheap advertisement, but lets not deny how big the FFA Cup is for the Aussie game.

VicMariner

Westfield confirmed as major sponsor for first years of the comp. A pessimist would say it is just Lowy getting cheap advertisement,
My first thought was they couldn't find a major sponsor so Lowy had to fork out for appearances, but who knows.

dibo

My first thought was they couldn't find a major sponsor so Lowy had to fork out for appearances, but who knows.
Ditto. Until it gets of the ground, corporate Australia might well see it as vapourware. Once it's established and it becomes an event, then sponsors come in.

Mind you, it obviously hasn't worked that way with the W-League.

eenfish

Ditto. Until it gets of the ground, corporate Australia might well see it as vapourware. Once it's established and it becomes an event, then sponsors come in.

Mind you, it obviously hasn't worked that way with the W-League.

The W-League doesn't have potential for 20k+ crowds, though.

dibo

Seems unlikely - the Grand Final that year only drew 17k.

That was two years before I was born.

Also, for the sake or argument, didn't the first ever Northern Spirit game have nearly 20k odd when they played United?
1998/99, rd 1, they drew 18,985 against Olympic (which was a domestic league regular season record until rd.1 of the A-League when Brisbane broke it against New Zealand and Sydney broke it again the next night against Melbourne).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred