• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Brazil

pjennings

I think Arnie is the man for the job. He builds his attack of a good solid base. Ange's form of defense is to control the ball better than the opposition. Simply put that will not happen at the World Cup.

Ange has also been out-brisbaned when Brisbane was in the ACL. He also complains constantly about being his team's tempo being upset. Heart on the weekend is the latest example. Sorry Ange we qualify through Asia - get used to it.

My team and squad for the World Cup are below - very similar to Midfielders - has 3 guys over 28. Total avg age of 25. I don't believe that this team is too experimental overall - it just rebuilds our defence. We cannot go into the World Cup to be whipping boys and expect to host a successful Asian Cup. This is where Arnie why I would pick Arnie over Ange. His defenders know what they are supposed to do.

Jedinak is picked over Milligan because I have not seen Milligan shine except against lesser opponents. Kewell gets the gig over Timmy (assuming a good season) because of the class he can add. Timmy fills the role that Kennedy does - though no longer as well as he did or Kennedy does now. I picked Ryan over Langerak - basically because his distribution will take the pressure off the defence - though I wouldn't complain if it was Mitch.

Ryan (Gk)
Herd, Williams, Sainsbury, Davidson (Fullbacks)
Bresciano, Jedinak [Cap] (DMs)
Kruse Kewell Oar (AMs)
Kennedy (Striker)

Squad
Langerak, Ryan, Birighitti
Davidson, Zullo, Spiranovic, Lowry, Sainsbury, Williams, McGowan, Herd
Bresciano, Milligan, Jedinak, Sarota, Oar, Bozanic, Rogic, Vidosic
Kewell, Kruse, Leckie, Kennedy

As Dibo said - there are plenty of young players coming through. After the Asian Cup Bresc, Kewell and Kennedy should also make way. Throw in Musti, De Vere, Franjic, Luongo, Irvine, Duke, Ruka, Babalj, Bernie and Bouzanis and you have a minimum of 30 players as a basis for going forward.

T

Seriously, it's time to move on from your love affair with the socceroos of old. There time has come and gone, and it's their refusal to retire gracefully that has helped put our national team in the position it is now.

I loved the team that did so well in South Africa, but it's time to blood the young guys. Personally I would be happy if the older guys stood on the sidelines shirtless and encouraged/advised the younger guys ;)

Big Al

It's not the older guys fault - They keep getting picked. Stop picking them - Oh but wait the rest aren't any better.

No players 18-55 would retire before a world cup when they were in the team that qualified them. Just saying.

Time to move them on but I never expect them to quit nor want them to - They should & do want to play for our country & serve it as best they can (It's just not up to standard any more)

T

i'll admit, it's not just the older guys fault.... but, they do have a large part to play... there should have been a phasing out, slowly introduce the new kids with a mix of the older experienced players, this never seemed to happen.

Big Al

They asked Aloisi why he retired from national team on the Monday night - He said I didn't they stopped picking me.

sydmariner

The road 2 brazil looks all but over 4 weemac & storm roux as NZ were hammered 5-1 by Mexico in Mexico City weemac played the full game but didn't score & according 2 fifa.com storm wasn't even on the bench:(

midfielder

Enjoyed the match last night ... Matty in goals in his sweeper role will be hard to shift and Tommy OMG how Celtic are not playing him... maybe a loan back deal to us HHHMMmm maybe not as that would give us two 10"s ... maybe GA should take him on a loan deal to Japan...

Milligan & Jedi where not a bad combination...

Huge improvement heaps of spirit shown ....

Is Lucas still a first team player ... hHHHMmmmm had a good game last night ... did not like the boo's from some of the crowd he has been a loyal servant and if he is picked it's not his fault...

sydmariner

Enjoyed the match last night ... Matty in goals in his sweeper role will be hard to shift and Tommy OMG how Celtic are not playing him... maybe a loan back deal to us HHHMMmm maybe not as that would give us two 10"s ... maybe GA should take him on a loan deal to Japan...

Milligan & Jedi where not a bad combination...

Huge improvement heaps of spirit shown ....

Is Lucas still a first team player ... hHHHMmmmm had a good game last night ... did not like the boo's from some of the crowd he has been a loyal servant and if he is picked it's not his fault...
Yes he is & he was captain last night

Big Al

They said on fox last night is it just the bush telegraph that arnie wants Tommy Rogic. They asked Tommy after game. Nice chuckle then a no with a grin & a - I'm a Celtic player.

Would be good for both. Tommy just has a so much better touch than anyone else. The indoor skills certainly show.

Thought we were pretty directionless in the final 3rd which has been our problem for a long time. apart for some hussle on defense didn't see that much difference from holger. Costa Rica must have been foxing they can't be that shit & come 2nd in the America's qualifying. They said they had 5-6 out looked like the whole first team to me.

VicMariner

Big Al said:
no with a grin & a - I'm a Celtic player.
I wonder if he'll still be smiling if he misses out on Brazil?
A loan spell in the J-League with regular playing time in a WC year would be the right thing to do I think. Either that or break into the starting line up at Celtic quick smart.

eenfish

Extended quad to be announced at 11am today. Herald Sun said that they have an online stream, so I imagine footballaustralia.com.au should have a stream on their site if that is the case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb